Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 05-Aug-18, 21:54
Banned
Points: 1,986, Level: 18 Points: 1,986, Level: 18 Points: 1,986, Level: 18
Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6%

Default Have you ever negotiated the price of a Session?

Quite often you may see session women on social media talk about how they don't negotiate prices, that the rate they mention is the set rate and nothing will ever change, take it or leave it etc

Have you ever negotiated the price of a session? To where you would get a discounted session, or even managing to convince them to give you extra time added to the session, at no extra $$?
Old 05-Aug-18, 22:24
BJJBlondeLover

Default Re: Have you ever negotiated the price of a Session?

yep, definitely. only ever stopped negotiating when she threatened to add me to her ignore list
Old 05-Aug-18, 22:35
Points: 4,009, Level: 26 Points: 4,009, Level: 26 Points: 4,009, Level: 26
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

If you think the price of any service is too high, all you have to do is say thanks but no thanks and state your reason. The woman should be happy as you're being direct and aren't wasting their time, but if they want to consider a price or time change it's up to them. Of course you have to be willing to accept that you may not see them.

From an economic viewpoint, the expense of travel is real if they are on tour. If on their home turf it should be somewhat less. Should doesn't mean it will be, however.
Old 06-Aug-18, 01:34
Session Wrestler
Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,126 Times in 333 Posts

Even that my prices are low enough as stated before ( I am happy to make a little extra for my training/competition expenses, I also have a day job) I am always willing to work with someone's budget, be it discounting a bit more if asked politely and honestly due to hardships or if the customer drives from far away (more than an hour) I will make it worthwhile by giving them two hours for the price of one, for example. (usually first hour a bit competitive, second hour more sensual grappling). I never forget something Royce Gracie told me once during a Jiu-Jitsu training, when I reached a dominant position and instantly tried to move to a second position, he said: "don't be greedy, you are now in a good position, enjoy it, don't get greedy" and I always try to apply Martial Arts lessons to daily life.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Anji For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Aug-18, 04:44
Moderator [D]
Points: 7,721, Level: 37 Points: 7,721, Level: 37 Points: 7,721, Level: 37
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Normally I don’t negotiate prices.

If I think the price is ok I’ll pay it, if not I say "thank you / sorry for wasting your time" and that’s it.

About two weeks ago it was the Session Girl who came back to me and started to negotiate.
For myself I already had decided not to meet her because of her high session fee, the additional costs for the flight and hotel . . .
(I was on my wrestling tour in Budapest and she was in London.)
Eventually we met.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
. . . or if the customer drives from far away (more than an hour) I will make it worthwhile by giving them two hours for the price of one, for example . . .
Then I should get a discount for every session I do.
I normally have to travel three hours or more to meet a Session Girl and mostly I book two hours.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ManInBlack For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Aug-18, 06:01
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts

I've never requested a lower rate for a 1 hour session, have made all sorts of arrangements excluding that.
Old 06-Aug-18, 08:56
Points: 10,250, Level: 43 Points: 10,250, Level: 43 Points: 10,250, Level: 43
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

I don't try and negotiate their price. These ladies spend a lot to look good, on training, paying rent to wherever they wrestle, advertising and most importantly, many of these women don't have health care and if they get hurt, it would end up costing them a lot. Heck, even if they have health insurance, there are always extra expenses.

I think trying to get a wrestler to lower her stated rate is in poor taste.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cooper For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Aug-18, 12:09
Banned
Points: 1,986, Level: 18 Points: 1,986, Level: 18 Points: 1,986, Level: 18
Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't try and negotiate their price. These ladies spend a lot to look good, on training, paying rent to wherever they wrestle, advertising and most importantly, many of these women don't have health care and if they get hurt, it would end up costing them a lot. Heck, even if they have health insurance, there are always extra expenses.

I think trying to get a wrestler to lower her stated rate is in poor taste.
hmm I dont necessarily agree with this. On the guy's side, if the woman isn't local in his area, he'll have to travel on his own. Whether it's by flight, or car gas he'll have to pay for that . Along with his own hotel. Sessions have a lot of hidden costs within them, especially for guys who don't have the luxury of having good local session wrestlers in his area. so it's not un heard of for a guy to try to make a deal. True they can get hurt, however there are also a lot of guys who don't book competitive or semi competitive sessions that would put the woman in any danger.

Hell you have one session wrestler here(anji) who has straight up mentioned that she works with her clients.

I don't think there is anything wrong with negotiating as long as you're reasonable. If a session wrestler charges $400 or $500 for a session, I don't think there is anything wrong with " Sorry, that price is out of my range as I'm used to paying $300 or $350 with most session wrestlers. Any chance of a lowered rate? I really want to session with you" or better yet "how much time can $300 or $350 get me for a session"? The latter might be better for a new person, as it shows he's still willing to pay a good amount for some amount of time, even if it doesn't reach one hr.

Hell there is one session wrestler I know who upped her hourly rate to $450. I told her it was way above my budget and after some discussion, we agreed to a 1 hr and 30 minute session for that price. it helped that i had previous sessions with that person who raised their rate. Another session wrestler lowered my rate by $100 after knowing that I would be traveling several hrs to see her in her home town (she was the closest). In both of these I was polite and professional.

Business is business and while set prices are part of it, negotiation can play a factor in it as well to come to a mutual agreement.

Last edited by HeadScissorFan; 06-Aug-18 at 12:21.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HeadScissorFan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Aug-18, 12:27
Points: 6,779, Level: 35 Points: 6,779, Level: 35 Points: 6,779, Level: 35
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%
Last Achievements

When I was younger and first started getting into sessions, I didn’t have a whole lot of money and I didn’t know better so I would negotiate, but not really with the standard mixed wresting session providers, more so with girls that I was seeking out via other sites, who weren’t as familiar with it.

These days I wouldn’t feel good about trying to negotiate a girl’s listed rate, unless we are talking about things like travel, hotel, etc, all of which I would pay of course, but how to account for travel time when that is not really “active session” time. I always compensate for that, but obviously not for the $350-400/hr that a session rate usually is.
Old 06-Aug-18, 12:51
Points: 22,110, Level: 64 Points: 22,110, Level: 64 Points: 22,110, Level: 64
Activity: 28.6% Activity: 28.6% Activity: 28.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,011 Times in 623 Posts

Fundamentally, we all live in a capitalist system. The price of good and services is always negotiable, either directly or indirectly. Directly where you say, 'How about....' and indirectly where you take your business elsewhere if you find the same product at a lower price. Supply and demand? I expect that if somebody is not selling as much as they like/need then price can be negotiated, depends on the seller.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AOmega For This Useful Post: