Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 01-Oct-19, 18:26
Banned
Points: 2,495, Level: 20 Points: 2,495, Level: 20 Points: 2,495, Level: 20
Activity: 22.2% Activity: 22.2% Activity: 22.2%
Last Achievements

Default How Real Were The Matches In The 90s?

How real were the Wrestling Matches Back Then In The 90s...Premier Prodcutions,Mass Muscle,Bill Wick Videos?Specially Where Female Bodybuilders Fought Against Men?Some of The Matches Looked Genuinely Competitive to me,i dont know if there dramatised in a better way...
The Following User Says Thank You to markdeen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-Oct-19, 19:39
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: How Real Were The Matches In The 90s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdeen [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
How real were the Wrestling Matches Back Then In The 90s...Premier Prodcutions,Mass Muscle,Bill Wick Videos?Specially Where Female Bodybuilders Fought Against Men?Some of The Matches Looked Genuinely Competitive to me,i dont know if there dramatised in a better way...

Then, as now, the answer was that it depended on who made given videos and, sometimes, who was in them.

While perhaps not true in every case, most producers I've seen from that era labeled non-competitive matches as such.
Old 01-Oct-19, 20:47
Points: 16,025, Level: 55 Points: 16,025, Level: 55 Points: 16,025, Level: 55
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,878 Times in 404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdeen [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Well, I wrestled some of the women in those videos. I can tell you from personal experience that Laura Vukov, Ziggy, Malibu, Chistine Marshal .. could all wrestle competitively. So at least some videos could be competitive. Loved wrestling and boxing these gals. They could go all out and give you a hard match.
The Following User Says Thank You to mxboxer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Oct-19, 08:19
Banned
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxboxer [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Well, I wrestled some of the women in those videos. I can tell you from personal experience that Laura Vukov, Ziggy, Malibu, Chistine Marshal .. could all wrestle competitively. So at least some videos could be competitive. Loved wrestling and boxing these gals. They could go all out and give you a hard match.
I watched Joanne Lee vs Steve who was 192lbs Well Built Guy and That Video Looks Like She is Absolutely dominating a well built Big Guy...Its Like hard To Believe...i have uploaded that video,search it and you will see but sometime i feel it might have dramatised in a perfect way...Guys check it out...
Old 02-Oct-19, 15:53
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
I watched Joanne Lee vs Steve who was 192lbs Well Built Guy and That Video Looks Like She is Absolutely dominating a well built Big Guy...Its Like hard To Believe...i have uploaded that video,search it and you will see but sometime i feel it might have dramatised in a perfect way...Guys check it out...

Winning at wrestling involves using your hips, as they are the fulcrum of your body.

Upper body strength isn't nearly as important.

Guys like Steve often lose because they don't understand that.
Old 02-Oct-19, 18:55
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts

Right, a match can be competitive without being good competition. Everyone understands this concept when it comes to professional boxing. If the lady is either much stronger when both are inexperienced/untrained or more skilled when they are more physically equal she'll be able to dominate the match even if he is really trying to win.
Old 02-Oct-19, 19:06
Points: 5,039, Level: 30 Points: 5,039, Level: 30 Points: 5,039, Level: 30
Last Achievements

For some years i have a very extreme tough and hard wrestling fight against Mayra Conde a incredible strong women with thousands of mixed Wrestling and many other fights.
She tells me the wrestling fights in 90s are much more tougher and real and competitive than in 2000er.
I was one of not many guys who want fight her full competitive mostly they want soft wrestling.
Old 02-Oct-19, 20:14
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

I think it's hard to compare, but there were some good videos in the 90s. There was a company that had more of a fetish theme with some wrestling (IBN I think it was). Robin and Malibu were filming with a guy and they broke one of his ribs, and kept filming (but carefully).

Another video, or so I heard, they offered the ladies a bonus for the one who hurt the guy the most and they were stepping on him with high heels and stuff like that. One of the comments on the video was that it was disgusting how far they took it and how they ignored the guy begging the ladies to stop.

C&B did real wrestling, though their videos were generally more playful but Rachel knocked a guy out in a video once I think.

I remember some videos where ladies got genuinely pissed and there was real competition going on. I didn't watch much body-builder videos and I didn't buy that many, so I can't say for sure on the specific question, but a fair percentage of the good companies made real videos during the 90s. At $35 or 40 bucks a video, if it wasn't high quality, people wouldn't come back.
The Following User Says Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post:
Old 03-Oct-19, 00:19
Pioneers Moderator
Points: 32,416, Level: 78 Points: 32,416, Level: 78 Points: 32,416, Level: 78
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,247 Times in 493 Posts

Video Sports made some great competitive videos. The girls—Carla AKA Venus Delight, Treena, Tanya Danielle, Jasae, Sandra, Belinda, and some super sexy SoCal gals—weren’t always the most skilled, but the preponderance of mat wrestling and pins was America’s answer to DWW. Unfortunately the owner, Trish, a real jewel in this scene, passed away. California Wildcats may still be making videos, but VSL went under maybe 20 years ago—a real loss to women wrestling enthusiasts. .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brsimmons For This Useful Post:
Old 03-Oct-19, 07:30
Banned
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marle82 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
For some years i have a very extreme tough and hard wrestling fight against Mayra Conde a incredible strong women with thousands of mixed Wrestling and many other fights.
She tells me the wrestling fights in 90s are much more tougher and real and competitive than in 2000er.
I was one of not many guys who want fight her full competitive mostly they want soft wrestling.
Thats why we dont see anymore wrestling videos like they do in the 90s,most of the FBBs actually dont rely on wrestling for extra bucks i guess plus they also dont want injuries....
The Following User Says Thank You to markdeen For This Useful Post:

Tags
competitive wrestling, female bodybuilders, mixed wresting, wrestling