Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 16-Nov-18, 02:49
KO inquisitor
Points: 16,731, Level: 56 Points: 16,731, Level: 56 Points: 16,731, Level: 56
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,231 Times in 499 Posts
Default Re: ScissorFoxes Reboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFox [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yes, you're right. It would be less footage but in exchange, you would get better quality which will include things like the KO recovery, victory pose, better scenario development to name a few. Not to say that we can't make the member clips 6 minutes long but we must also tread carefully and not lose our regular full video purchasers to memberships. The upside to video purchasers such as yourself is that you would now be getting Full 1080p HD plus the picture sets for the same price. So it's a win win for everyone. We will also be reworking the discounts such as adding coupon codes and 10% off the first 24 hours of release. These are a couple ideas we are entertaining. Again, thanks for your feedback and feel free to discuss some of the points I just added. The more the merrier.

Jay
So are you saying the current clips that you are offering now aren't the "best quality" from the video? Like, how can you define "better quality" when to me its just cut/edited differently from the same video, not much improvements there and I can't see the customers getting better value there.

I understand you guys are running a business but its also important not to double dip your customers.

Also, as a fan, It would be great to see a new genre created called "real session experience" or something along the lines like that where there no roleplay is involved.This genre will give the viewers are chance to see what it is like having a session with the scissorfox.

The closest thing I've seen to this that you have produced is with Severa called "Scissors of Destruction!". She put you in various scissors and chokeholds and explains to the viewers what she is doing etc and not to mention that KO was brilliant! That would be a great addition to your site collection

Last edited by mcginty; 16-Nov-18 at 02:56.
The Following User Says Thank You to mcginty For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Nov-18, 03:01
Producer
Points: 97,564, Level: 100 Points: 97,564, Level: 100 Points: 97,564, Level: 100
Activity: 42.9% Activity: 42.9% Activity: 42.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 27,739 Times in 1,999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcginty [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
So are you saying the current clips that you are offering now aren't the "best quality" from the video? Like, how can you define "better quality" when to me its just cut/edited differently from the same video, not much improvements there and I can't see the customers getting better value there.

I understand you guys are running a business but its also important not to double dip your customers.
Not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that the 40 second format limits us to what we decide to keep inside the clip (including the KO recovery you mentioned earlier). It would also allow us to have a better flow and not have to follow a hold to hold format thus giving us more creative freedom. Our goal is not to double dip but to appease both members and video purchasers as separate entities as one usually prefers one format over the other. That said, we're also toying with the possibility of offering discounts to members who want to purchase the full video. We're coding the new site now so it's all a matter of limitations and complexity.

I also like your "real session" idea and hope to incorporate more in the near future. That bodyscissors KO really caught me by surprise. Certainly a first for me.

Jay
Old 16-Nov-18, 03:11
KO inquisitor
Points: 16,731, Level: 56 Points: 16,731, Level: 56 Points: 16,731, Level: 56
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,231 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFox [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Not what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that the 40 second format limits us to what we decide to keep inside the clip (including the KO recovery you mentioned earlier). It would also allow us to have a better flow and not have to follow a hold to hold format thus giving us more creative freedom. Our goal is not to double dip but to appease both members and video purchasers as separate entities as one usually prefers one format over the other. That said, we're also toying with the possibility of offering discounts to members who want to purchase the full video. We're coding the new site now so it's all a matter of limitations and complexity.

I also like your "real session" idea and hope to incorporate more in the near future. That bodyscissors KO really caught me by surprise. Certainly a first for me.

Jay
Well yes, I feel the 40s format does suck to me because it cuts off when things gets interesting and I feel that I need to purchase the full video to see the rest of it hence why I mentioned double dipping.

Yes that bodyscissor KO was great but I was referring to the triangle KO. She knocked you out so quick before you had a chance to tap and you woke up completely lost and didn't know where you were
The Following User Says Thank You to mcginty For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Nov-18, 03:26
Points: 8,720, Level: 40 Points: 8,720, Level: 40 Points: 8,720, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Hi Jay,

I appreciate your site and am a customer. I am not opposed to the new proposed format, however, I would like to see more variety in each video, like maybe a couple outfit changes during the video or multiple girls...not necessarily a two on one scenario, but maybe one girl beating you up for a 1/4 of the video and then maybe a switch with another girl comes in and the first girl leaves...then maybe the first girl reappears for the last part in a different outfit? I would also suggest adding more posing type stills in addition to the scissors and holds stills similar to what you used to do in your earlier vids. Anyway my 2 cents. Keep up the great work!
The Following User Says Thank You to elroy62 For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Nov-18, 04:04
wrestler39

Quote:
Thank you so much for your feedback. I do like the idea of not giving the entire full video to members and maybe half to 3/4. It's not that I don't like our members (lol), we just want to make sure that we don't lose all of our full video customers to memberships which cut into our profits and reinvesting into the site. This may also give us the opportunity to give more than just 8 videos at a time. In the end, it will really be a gamble for us. Just curious, with these new options, which would you purchase, full videos at 1080p or a membership? Thanks again.
I'd probably go for the full videos so long as the video previews stay the same as they are now
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Nov-18, 04:04
Producer
Points: 97,564, Level: 100 Points: 97,564, Level: 100 Points: 97,564, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroy62 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hi Jay,

I appreciate your site and am a customer. I am not opposed to the new proposed format, however, I would like to see more variety in each video, like maybe a couple outfit changes during the video or multiple girls...not necessarily a two on one scenario, but maybe one girl beating you up for a 1/4 of the video and then maybe a switch with another girl comes in and the first girl leaves...then maybe the first girl reappears for the last part in a different outfit? I would also suggest adding more posing type stills in addition to the scissors and holds stills similar to what you used to do in your earlier vids. Anyway my 2 cents. Keep up the great work!
Thanks Elroy. Do you purchase memberships or full videos? Just curious. The new format would certainly allow us to be more flexible and do the things you described. Thanks for the feedback.
Jay
Old 16-Nov-18, 07:02
Points: 4,251, Level: 27 Points: 4,251, Level: 27 Points: 4,251, Level: 27
Last Achievements

For me there are two kinds of videos, those that follow a certain argument (my favorites, like James Bond, scissor Saw ...) and others that are more direct action.
What I like most is to see that the final result, whether it's knockout or neckbreak, makes sense with the content of the video, and you're really looking forward to the end, but at the same time you enjoy the story.
For this reason, I like the current format especially for videos with good stories.
The solution I can think is to eliminate old short clips if the problem is lack of space.
To do this, it would give a minimum of one month for members to review if they lack any clip they want.
When a new video is born, I would leave the shorts clips some time, indicating to what date they will be available, but at least 4 months. And so, as videos are created, space is being liberated. I hope I have helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to nightcrawler For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Nov-18, 07:12
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Thank you so much for your feedback. I do like the idea of not giving the entire full video to members and maybe half to 3/4. It's not that I don't like our members (lol), we just want to make sure that we don't lose all of our full video customers to memberships which cut into our profits and reinvesting into the site. This may also give us the opportunity to give more than just 8 videos at a time. In the end, it will really be a gamble for us. Just curious, with these new options, which would you purchase, full videos at 1080p or a membership? Thanks again.

Jay
what percentage of your sales come from video sales as opposed to memberships? If membership makes most of your money, then improving membership services might be a good way to go.

One thing I like about scissorvixens is that they give away 2 free complete videos to their subscribing members every month. Often they're to me, among the less interesting videos so I wait until they have one I want before I sign up.

MixedWrestlingZone for example, lets members download entire videos, but only the newest videos are in high-res, so only continued subscribers get all their videos in high-res. One month at a time subscribers end up with most videos in low-res.

I guess, if I was to offer a suggestion, it would be to reward continuing memberships with a free video every month starting with the 2nd month. The high res option might be worth exploring too.
The Following User Says Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Nov-18, 12:52
Producer
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
For me there are two kinds of videos, those that follow a certain argument (my favorites, like James Bond, scissor Saw ...) and others that are more direct action.
What I like most is to see that the final result, whether it's knockout or neckbreak, makes sense with the content of the video, and you're really looking forward to the end, but at the same time you enjoy the story.
For this reason, I like the current format especially for videos with good stories.
The solution I can think is to eliminate old short clips if the problem is lack of space.
To do this, it would give a minimum of one month for members to review if they lack any clip they want.
When a new video is born, I would leave the shorts clips some time, indicating to what date they will be available, but at least 4 months. And so, as videos are created, space is being liberated. I hope I have helped.
Thank you. Your feedback is appreciated. We do plan on expiring older clips in the member's area like you said but at the same time, lowering prices for older videos so if they missed their chance to see old videos, they can purchase them for a discount price.
Jay

Added after 10 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LicensetoKill [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
what percentage of your sales come from video sales as opposed to memberships? If membership makes most of your money, then improving membership services might be a good way to go.

One thing I like about scissorvixens is that they give away 2 free complete videos to their subscribing members every month. Often they're to me, among the less interesting videos so I wait until they have one I want before I sign up.

MixedWrestlingZone for example, lets members download entire videos, but only the newest videos are in high-res, so only continued subscribers get all their videos in high-res. One month at a time subscribers end up with most videos in low-res.

I guess, if I was to offer a suggestion, it would be to reward continuing memberships with a free video every month starting with the 2nd month. The high res option might be worth exploring too.
Our memberships consist of about 30% of our website sales (that's without counting Clips4Sale). One way to look at it I suppose is that we release 8 videos per month so if a customer purchases at least 3 of those per month, we get more revenue than a membership fee. So our main goal is to entice more people to buy videos by introducing 1080p, adding the picture sets and offering better discounts while giving the members what the majority want (short clips vs long clips) but still expiring older content to make room for the 1080p full videos. This may also entice more people to buy older videos at discounted prices. It's all about balance I guess. We're also introducing a lot of cool new features on the site like tag search, coupon codes and more payment options. We're working hard on it now and hopefully will be available soon so the more feedback we get now, the more the chances people will get exactly what they want. Thanks again.
Jay

Last edited by JayFox; 16-Nov-18 at 12:52.
Old 16-Nov-18, 13:43
Points: 3,965, Level: 26 Points: 3,965, Level: 26 Points: 3,965, Level: 26
Last Achievements

I think you should reward membership by offering full videos to them.

You say, "One way to look at it I suppose is that we release 8 videos per month so if a customer purchases at least 3 of those per month, we get more revenue than a membership fee."

But that's not correct, because a member spends the $24.99 every month whereas an individual clip purchaser doesn't buy 3 clips a month every month.

You should look to up your membership as well as providing higher resolution full videos.

I personally have bought individual videos once in a while from you, but if I thought I could get a good deal from your membership, I would spend a lot more every month.

You produce good content, but I don't like short clips, I like to see the full long drawn own scissorhold destruction.
The Following User Says Thank You to stev10 For This Useful Post:

Tags
headscissor, scissorfoxes