Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 09-Aug-18, 11:33
Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Valentina Shevchenko

Nicco must be praying she doesn't get Yamasaki for the referee.
Old 09-Aug-18, 14:14
Points: 6,004, Level: 33 Points: 6,004, Level: 33 Points: 6,004, Level: 33
Last Achievements

Lost all respect for Valentina after the way she acted in the octagon after the judges gave the fight to Nunes. She showed her true colors and now she leaves the division because she knows she is not good enough to win the belt. Now she will win the belt in a weaker division. Not my kind of champion!
Old 10-Aug-18, 06:54
Points: 57,576, Level: 100 Points: 57,576, Level: 100 Points: 57,576, Level: 100
Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,749 Times in 1,916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomesauce [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Lost all respect for Valentina after the way she acted in the octagon after the judges gave the fight to Nunes. She showed her true colors and now she leaves the division because she knows she is not good enough to win the belt. Now she will win the belt in a weaker division. Not my kind of champion!

If a fighter feels they got a raw deal, I don't have a problem with them publicly expressing their honest opinion. Most agree that MMA judging still leaves a lot to be desired and could do with some tweaks if not completely overhauling. It lacks consistency and transparency and rarely does a card go by without a fight or two causing widespread debate within the MMA community with cries of 'robbery' and alike.

A lot of people felt Valentina should have won and Valentina felt she won because Nunes barely put a glove on her all fight.

As for leaving the division, 125 is actually her natural weight class. 125 wasn't around when she first came to the UFC so 135 was the only realistic option being too big for 115. By eye, you can clearly see Valentina was the smaller woman in her fights with Nunes and Holly. There was always a weight class between them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg max.jpg (126.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg maxresdefault.jpg (225.1 KB, 75 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Aug-18, 05:26
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomesauce [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't get that response at all. A 125-er tries to win the title at 135, comes up short, and now you're insinuating that she's a loser for returning to her own weight class?

I don't think she beat Amanda that night, but honestly, I would not have cared if that boring display had been called a draw. She's one of the most skilled we've ever seen, so I'm excited to see what she can do as a steady 125-er for the next few years.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Sep-18, 20:57
Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

No Nico-Valentina fight tomorrow. Nico had issues making weight and had to be sent to a “local medical facility.”
The Following User Says Thank You to Rated G For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Sep-18, 21:21
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated G [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
No Nico-Valentina fight tomorrow. Nico had issues making weight and had to be sent to a “local medical facility.”

Dana White obviously believes the answer to fighters' weight-cutting problems is to do nothing.

It's only a matter of time until something really bad happens to a fighter from a weight cut gone astray.
The Following User Says Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Sep-18, 06:29
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated G [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Nico chickened out just as Valentina predicted she would. I don't blame Nico for being afraid since Valentina's flyweight debut was a one-sided bloodbath. Still, Nico was justifiably stripped of her title and apparently Valentina will get to fight someone else for the title before year's end. The Bullet is one of the baddest and best (not to mention one of the sexiest) of women's MMA fighters. I'll be very happy when she gets the belt.
The Following User Says Thank You to mermao For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Sep-18, 09:32
Points: 57,576, Level: 100 Points: 57,576, Level: 100 Points: 57,576, Level: 100
Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,749 Times in 1,916 Posts

Bummer. I was really looking forward to this fight.

Getting pretty fed up with this happening TBH. Like I said when Nunes pulled out last year, a bad precedent has been set.

I'm glad Montano is being stripped of the title. This was her opportunity to prove her doubters wrong and show everyone she was elite ...And she blew it.

With all the buzz around Darren Till's weight cut and will he / won't he make weight, it seems that making weight is now some huge accomplishment.

I tend to think Valentina is right. Nicco is not huge for the division. She shouldn't be having major issues making weight. I was hoping Nicco was going to give a good account of herself tonight and provide us with a competitive title fight, but now lost all respect for her. People that pull out of fights within hours of a PPV are a stain on the sport. There needs to be greater punishments. And the UFC needs to have consistent alternates on hand to save an event.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Sep-18, 12:11
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Bummer. I was really looking forward to this fight.

Getting pretty fed up with this happening TBH. Like I said when Nunes pulled out last year, a bad precedent has been set.

I'm glad Montano is being stripped of the title. This was her opportunity to prove her doubters wrong and show everyone she was elite ...And she blew it.

With all the buzz around Darren Till's weight cut and will he / won't he make weight, it seems that making weight is now some huge accomplishment.

I tend to think Valentina is right. Nicco is not huge for the division. She shouldn't be having major issues making weight. I was hoping Nicco was going to give a good account of herself tonight and provide us with a competitive title fight, but now lost all respect for her. People that pull out of fights within hours of a PPV are a stain on the sport. There needs to be greater punishments. And the UFC needs to have consistent alternates on hand to save an event.

A video of UFC's Darren Till shows him crawling out of a sauna during a weight cut, telling people he couldn't see:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Unless somebody puts rules on weight cuts, something bad's gonna happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 03-Oct-18, 12:01
Last Achievements

Rumor going around that the Valentina/Joanna fight is now off and the Bullet will face Sijara Eubanks in November.