Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 16-Feb-19, 07:55
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts
Default Re: Polyana Viana Interview about the incident

Quote:
Originally Posted by lthasatan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If she keeps up she will eventually get stabbed or shot.
As long as she can differentiate this from the real thing she should do ok

The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Feb-19, 10:21
Points: 4,141, Level: 27 Points: 4,141, Level: 27 Points: 4,141, Level: 27
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
As long as she can differentiate this from the real thing she should do ok
If she does it enough she is bound to make a mistake, and if she does she can end up crippled or dead. Do not get me wrong, that was bad ass, but I think it is just not worth it.

I am not a fighter, but to me the most sensible thing is to only engage if someone's health is at stake. Plastic garbage is not worth risking your life. She is the pro fighter, and she is still unscathed, but if she was someone I loved I would ask her to stop.

On a side note: I always cringe when I see instructors that teach you to fight against weapons. What they do is making people think they can do it, and get them shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleCat [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
but brazil is no joke
I am Brazilian, and it is a shit hole, but it really depends on where you live.

Last edited by lthasatan; 16-Feb-19 at 10:26.
Old 16-Feb-19, 20:34
Session Wrestler
Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43 Points: 10,164, Level: 43
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,126 Times in 333 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lthasatan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If she does it enough she is bound to make a mistake, and if she does she can end up crippled or dead. Do not get me wrong, that was bad ass, but I think it is just not worth it.

I am not a fighter, but to me the most sensible thing is to only engage if someone's health is at stake. Plastic garbage is not worth risking your life. She is the pro fighter, and she is still unscathed, but if she was someone I loved I would ask her to stop.

On a side note: I always cringe when I see instructors that teach you to fight against weapons. What they do is making people think they can do it, and get them shot.

I am Brazilian, and it is a shit hole, but it really depends on where you live.
Yes, it is very risky to confront an armed person. This is a video that maybe relevant in this discussion, a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black belt world Champion that recently got shot and killed in a road rage incident in Brazil by someone with a gun, he tried to fight but it was a fatal mistake:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Last edited by Anji; 16-Feb-19 at 20:54.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anji For This Useful Post: