Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Producers' Corner

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 14-Oct-13, 18:51
Banned
Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Competitive Mixed Wrestling

How someone can call 145 lbs. vs 180 lbs. "competitive" would be beyond me
Old 15-Oct-13, 07:01
Points: 5,434, Level: 31 Points: 5,434, Level: 31 Points: 5,434, Level: 31
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

my sentiments exactly!
Old 15-Oct-13, 07:25
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylefan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
if it's a 180lb woman vs a 145 lb man, maybe?
Old 15-Oct-13, 16:01
Producer
Points: 11,759, Level: 46 Points: 11,759, Level: 46 Points: 11,759, Level: 46
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,203 Times in 168 Posts
Arrow Re: Competitive Mixed Wrestling

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizyz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hey Hanz,
Who has been your toughest opponent to date?
That's tough to say definitively! But if I had to choose who I felt I had the least chance against it would probably be Toned Tommi. Though I had size on her she had me in skill, strength (shockingly strong!) and probably endurance too. I also could say the same for Venom. But those matches were far enough apart that I probably wasn't at the same level for both matches. That's why I always hope to get rematches in to see if levels of competitiveness have changed. I'll post the link to the competitive Toned Tommi match for those interested. I've done other matches vid matches with her that were purposely more one-sided. Funny thing is the scores probably weren't as different as they should have been!

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HanzVanDerKill For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Oct-13, 16:30
Producer
Last Achievements

Thumbs up Re: Competitive Mixed Wrestling

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylefan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That's a fair point. You know I used to actually agree with you to a degree a long time ago. I doubted that someone that much lighter could give me a real challenge. Meeting and wrestling with girls the likes of Toned Tommi, Veve Lane, Venom, Bad Bettie and more definitely changed my opinion on that! I saw in some of your other posts that true competitive should have weight classes, age divisions and a referee if possible! That's quite formal indeed!

I think we do tend to throw the word "competitive" around quite a bit and all of us define it differently. I'm certainly guilty of doing that. So for the sake of this producer's thread let me clarify what my meaning is when I call a match competitive. I simply mean both people in the match are trying to win. Nothing more. I try to keep it a little loose and flexible since there are so many skill levels and sizes out there. And I do wish I were closer in size to alot of my opponents! Or that I could find more women into competitive wrestling who are 180 or above! I share your sentiment there. It adds a spirit to it to be equal or close in size.

Now "competitive" and the meaning of it aside, weather or not the match-ups are "fair" is another question all together. Indeed I think one worthy of discussion and debate! I'd be very interested in hearing people's perspectives on what makes a mixed match officially competitive, or fair. I definitely have my own opinions! BUT I want to be a good neighbor about this and move this thought into a discussion thread. As much as I love getting bumped to the top of the list each time someone responds to this thread I'm starting to feel a little guilty about it since I'm not releasing anything new for a bit! lol!

So I'll start up a new thread there and I look forward to reading your perspectives! I feel like there are alot of different opinions on this. Thanks for your post!
Old 15-Oct-13, 20:47
SteveZ

and Hanz, who had the best body?
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Oct-13, 21:14
Points: 10,097, Level: 43 Points: 10,097, Level: 43 Points: 10,097, Level: 43
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

having both to be either trained or untrained is best. having someone with 5-8 years of training go up against someone with no training at all is not competitive. i'll do all out wrestling/fighting, but against untrained women only.
Old 15-Oct-13, 21:49
Points: 6,314, Level: 33 Points: 6,314, Level: 33 Points: 6,314, Level: 33
Last Achievements

Quote:
It's easy to call something 'competitive' if both people are trying. An "even match" is different, but either way, a 145lb person can easily beat a 180lb person if they have more skill and strength.
Old 15-Oct-13, 21:56
Banned
Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47
Last Achievements

OF course, in real wrestling both people are trying. That goes without saying. Anything else is fantasy
wrestling or fake wrestling.
Old 21-Oct-13, 16:30
Producer
Last Achievements

I got a comment in another forum that people really seem to like extended previews I've been posting as of late. He said that the standard 10 second previews don't show enough to give you an idea of what the match is like (using more colorful language than I! lol). So I decided to pick one of my matches from last year and make another preview vid. This match I had with Shauna Ryanne never really had even a proper 10 second preview as there was something glitchy going on where I could only make it show part of the before interview. Not a very helpful preview of the action at all! So here is an extended preview (finally) of my match vs Shauna Ryanne, who is just amazing! I could sing her praises all day. And a link to the match too, since I had not been a member here until this year. New match hopefully being filmed and up at the end of this week with another awesome female grappler!

Free match preview!

Link to full match:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HanzVanDerKill For This Useful Post:

Tags
mixed fighting, mixed wrestle, mixed wrestling