Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 04-Jun-12, 18:41
Banned
Points: 16,591, Level: 56 Points: 16,591, Level: 56 Points: 16,591, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default is women have stronger legs than men then why is no woman faster than Usain Bolt?

honest question, I hear so much of women having stronger legs so why is no women faster than Usain Bolt?
Old 04-Jun-12, 18:58
Points: 4,990, Level: 29 Points: 4,990, Level: 29 Points: 4,990, Level: 29
Last Achievements

Default Re: is women have stronger legs than men then why is no woman faster than Usain Bolt?

Years ago, I was told that speed is basically determined by "fast twitch"
muscle fiber. Men have usually have more muscle density than women.
There are undoubtedly woman with stronger legs than Usain Bolt, but there
are none faster (for 100 meters).

Thigh/quad strength must also be a factor. Look at the legs of all Olympic sprinters, male or female.
Old 04-Jun-12, 23:54
dramar

Default Re: is women have stronger legs than men then why is no woman faster than Usain Bolt?

i dont know if they have stronger legs but running is not based only on leg strenght whole body plays a part
Old 04-Jun-12, 23:58
Points: 126,549, Level: 100 Points: 126,549, Level: 100 Points: 126,549, Level: 100
Activity: 71.2% Activity: 71.2% Activity: 71.2%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 38,593 Times in 3,882 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Breath [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Years ago, I was told that speed is basically determined by "fast twitch"
muscle fiber. Men have usually have more muscle density than women.
There are undoubtedly woman with stronger legs than Usain Bolt, but there
are none faster (for 100 meters).

Thigh/quad strength must also be a factor. Look at the legs of all Olympic sprinters, male or female.

no offense, dog breath
Old 05-Jun-12, 00:33

What a stupid question. Speed and strength are completely different. Take all guys on the list of squatting records- they have the strongest legs in the world..guarantee they are all slow.. leg strength has nothing to do with why Usain Bolt is so fast.
Old 05-Jun-12, 01:48
rassleme

Does it even matter?
Old 05-Jun-12, 01:51
Points: 11,858, Level: 47 Points: 11,858, Level: 47 Points: 11,858, Level: 47
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

usain bolt will still have strong legs..there is some connection between maxium power and speed.

for sprint teqnike, lengts of legs etc plays some role.

personaly, i do not believe that females naturally in average have stronger legs than males (comparing equal weight classes)

however i think in average the advantage of males is much less than comparing it to the advantage in the upper body strenght.

in addition female are rather doing (strength/muscle) work-out for their legs than for their upperbody and arms. for males it is often the opposite.

thats probably the reason why you will find quite a lot females with stronger and bigger legs than those of equal weighting males, if you consider average joes who do some sports.

if you are comparing professional female athlets (or good amateurs) to their male counterparts from the same dizipline, the malewill havestronger legs in average...
Old 30-Sep-13, 04:16
Points: 4,631, Level: 28 Points: 4,631, Level: 28 Points: 4,631, Level: 28
Last Achievements

Talking Re: is women have stronger legs than men then why is no woman faster than Usain Bolt?

I'd like to see somebody build a 'crush meter' to measure thigh crushing strength. There are a few on youtube but they're just using bathroom scales. Some women can push the scale to near 300 lb. But the main reason women do way better with their legs than men is that they've got no balls in the way so they can throw their legs around like crazy and they're also way more flexible than men with their legs. You think you've got a woman pinned and her legs snake up from knowwhere and grab you. No guy would dare do the kinds of things women do with their legs. Another thing is that the greatest crushing power is achieved when you're pulled deep between the legs. It's like a lever. The closer to their crotch the way more crushing strength. Women have no problem dragging opponents and slamming them right into their crotch and then scissoring tight. Take a look at how guys do the same thing! They keep their opponents well away from the jewels - like, down around mid-thigh where they lose tons of power. I'd like to see mixed matches between women like Rhonda Rousey and Felice Herrig, up against the same weight class guys. One thing for sure, the knee to the groin technique these women use on each other would just kill a male opponent, first whack.
The Following User Says Thank You to Corona334 For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Sep-13, 06:35
Points: 15,837, Level: 54 Points: 15,837, Level: 54 Points: 15,837, Level: 54
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,286 Times in 330 Posts

what
The Following User Says Thank You to Grapple Guru For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Sep-13, 06:56
Points: 2,825, Level: 22 Points: 2,825, Level: 22 Points: 2,825, Level: 22
Activity: 13.0% Activity: 13.0% Activity: 13.0%
Last Achievements

Re: is women have stronger legs than men then why is no woman faster than Usain Bolt?

I've seen female power lifters do squats with 600 lbs but I doubt Bolt could do a squat with 200 lbs. You can't compare apples with oranges. Fast sprinters have more slow twitch muscle fibers and weightlifters have more fast twitch muscle fibers. A fast female sprinter could beat me in a 100 meter race but I can do a squat with 400 lbs and I doubt if many female sprinters can.