Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > The Forum

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

View Poll Results: Should the board be separated in M/F and F/F?
Yes 94 61.84%
No 23 15.13%
Not Sure 6 3.95%
It's perfect as it is 33 21.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 152. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21-Jun-14, 03:25
Points: 9,543, Level: 42 Points: 9,543, Level: 42 Points: 9,543, Level: 42
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Proposal - Separate forums for M/F and F/F

By the way...

I don't hate F/F. I love women so, obviously, I don't hate f/f. I think I posted a lot of f/f in the past, just not in this forum. Granted, a very specific f/f.

As I said earlier the only thing I dislike is men beating up women.
Apart from that... no hate at all involved.

I just don't 'get it'. Some gorgeous model scissoring another gorgeous model... sure. Then again if I'm looking for that I might as well go for a hardcore lesbian scene.
The fighting/wrestling purpose is defeated, for me.

So to reinforce: No 'us' and 'them'. I'm just a pretty average guy with a specific taste.
Old 21-Jun-14, 03:42
Points: 22,416, Level: 65 Points: 22,416, Level: 65 Points: 22,416, Level: 65
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,139 Times in 393 Posts

I suspect some people hesitate to post fem vs fem because the forum is explicitly called MALEvsFEMALE...

So a separation would encourage more posts of both types of content, not to mention it would make it easier to find which type of content you like.
The Following User Says Thank You to FetishWebDev For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Jun-14, 06:07
Points: 563,346, Level: 100 Points: 563,346, Level: 100 Points: 563,346, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 47,590 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyt [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I understand your position (at least I try too) but just ask yourself what exactly would you, as a user, lose if there was two separate forums for F/M and F/F.
I've already explained what could be lost. We lose the community. We lose the potential sharing of content by people who might then only visit one section of the forum. I've been able to share a few mixed pictures here, and I did that because I've looked at threads I otherwise wouldn't have even seen, had the board already been separated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyt [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't hate F/F. I love women so, obviously, I don't hate f/f. I think I posted a lot of f/f in the past, just not in this forum. Granted, a very specific f/f.

As I said earlier the only thing I dislike is men beating up women.
Apart from that... no hate at all involved.
That being the case then, why does the presence of it bother you so much? Again, I'm coming back to that question than nobody on the 'yes' side seems to able to answer. Just how much of an inconvenience is it to occasionally find f/f content here? Is anyone honestly spending more than a few seconds, maybe minutes at the very most opening a thread and going "Aw man, it's only f/f pictures/video!!"

Like I said before, in regards to the male dom/male winning action, I understand and agree completely. Because that's not simply a mild inconvenience, it's something that many f/m fans are fundamentally opposed to and they genuinely do hate to see it. But with f/f, it's more a case of some people just not being into it, right?

Quote:
I just don't 'get it'. Some gorgeous model scissoring another gorgeous model... sure. Then again if I'm looking for that I might as well go for a hardcore lesbian scene.
The fighting/wrestling purpose is defeated, for me.
Ah well, that works both ways. For me, a gorgeous model scissoring a (usually) considerably less gorgeous guy... That's like an instant cold shower! Obviously this isn't the thread for an in-depth discussion on what does and doesn't turn us on and why, but it does illustrate the fact that we are all different and that's something which should be embraced, not partitioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetishWebDev [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I suspect some people hesitate to post fem vs fem because the forum is explicitly called MALEvsFEMALE...
That seems unlikely, given that the very reason tracyt has put forward for splitting the forum is that there is already a lot of f/f material being posted. I only registered on the board recently myself, but it didn't take me long to look at a few threads and see that both types of content were being posted across the board.

Plus, anyone who signs up to any forum should always read the rules first;

1.2 Mixed wrestling & fighting are the main topics of the board. Female vs Female wrestling is allowed and discussions are encouraged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetishWebDev [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
...not to mention it would make it easier to find which type of content you like.
Is it especially difficult now? Particularly for those looking for mixed content, which still represents the enormous majority of content here. As someone primarily into f/f content, I'm on the side of the fence that should presumably find it harder to find the content that interests me. But that's not been the case for me at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to FootPower For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Jun-14, 18:49
Points: 22,416, Level: 65 Points: 22,416, Level: 65 Points: 22,416, Level: 65
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,139 Times in 393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootPower [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Is it especially difficult now? Particularly for those looking for mixed content, which still represents the enormous majority of content here. As someone primarily into f/f content, I'm on the side of the fence that should presumably find it harder to find the content that interests me. But that's not been the case for me at all.
Yeah, kind of...

I am primarily into f/f and I do find it a bit of a hassle to have to sift through the 80% of mixed stuff to find the f/f stuff. But that's just me.

Currently, most threads do not indicate whether they feature f/f or mixed exclusively, so the only way to find out is to open them.

Separate forums would make it so much easier.
The Following User Says Thank You to FetishWebDev For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Jun-14, 19:24
Points: 563,346, Level: 100 Points: 563,346, Level: 100 Points: 563,346, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Quote:
Separate forums would make it so much easier.
Easier than people just clearly labelling threads? And I'm guessing that doubling the amount of forums here would create more work for the admin and mods, so what might be slightly more convenient for us could be a bit harder for others.

We're in the same boat, you and I, in that I'm only really interested in f/f combat too. But in the short time I've been here, I don't feel like I've had to search for it. It's just like window shopping, you browse until you see something you like.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FootPower For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Jun-14, 21:24
Points: 19,012, Level: 60 Points: 19,012, Level: 60 Points: 19,012, Level: 60
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,833 Times in 574 Posts

FootPower that's a great way of describing it, window shopping. Just browsing through the forum is enjoyable most of the time and sometimes I find something I hadn't thought of the it's a bonus. We don't need separate forums.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elliebi001 For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Jun-14, 22:35
Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,808 Times in 653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootPower [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Easier than people just clearly labelling threads? And I'm guessing that doubling the amount of forums here would create more work for the admin and mods, so what might be slightly more convenient for us could be a bit harder for others.

We're in the same boat, you and I, in that I'm only really interested in f/f combat too. But in the short time I've been here, I don't feel like I've had to search for it. It's just like window shopping, you browse until you see something you like.
Excellent post, and one I thoroughly agree with
The Following User Says Thank You to Subboy2 For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Jun-14, 22:36
Subboy2
This message has been deleted by Subboy2.
Old 21-Jun-14, 22:37
Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,808 Times in 653 Posts

Quote:
I've already explained what could be lost. We lose the community. We lose the potential sharing of content by people who might then only visit one section of the forum. I've been able to share a few mixed pictures here, and I did that because I've looked at threads I otherwise wouldn't have even seen, had the board already been separated.

That being the case then, why does the presence of it bother you so much? Again, I'm coming back to that question than nobody on the 'yes' side seems to able to answer. Just how much of an inconvenience is it to occasionally find f/f content here? Is anyone honestly spending more than a few seconds, maybe minutes at the very most opening a thread and going "Aw man, it's only f/f pictures/video!!"

Like I said before, in regards to the male dom/male winning action, I understand and agree completely. Because that's not simply a mild inconvenience, it's something that many f/m fans are fundamentally opposed to and they genuinely do hate to see it. But with f/f, it's more a case of some people just not being into it, right?

Ah well, that works both ways. For me, a gorgeous model scissoring a (usually) considerably less gorgeous guy... That's like an instant cold shower! Obviously this isn't the thread for an in-depth discussion on what does and doesn't turn us on and why, but it does illustrate the fact that we are all different and that's something which should be embraced, not partitioned.

That seems unlikely, given that the very reason tracyt has put forward for splitting the forum is that there is already a lot of f/f material being posted. I only registered on the board recently myself, but it didn't take me long to look at a few threads and see that both types of content were being posted across the board.

1.2 Mixed wrestling & fighting are the main topics of the board. Female vs Female wrestling is allowed and discussions are encouraged.

Again, you win the internet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Subboy2 For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Jun-14, 07:27
Points: 9,543, Level: 42 Points: 9,543, Level: 42 Points: 9,543, Level: 42
Last Achievements

Quote:
I've already explained what could be lost. We lose the community. We lose the potential sharing of content by people who might then only visit one section of the forum.
You're either ignoring what's being written or you're refusing to accept anything beyond your opinion. I'm ruling out a third option because that would simply mean you're trolling.

No. We don't lose the community. At all. Haven't I explained this already?
In a divided forum there's no invisible barrier stopping anyone from visiting both forums. In fact it'll probably encourage more visits (as FetishWebDev so eloquently put) since everything would be in its place and you don't have to sift through a lot of posts to find what you're looking. While that might not bother you I assure you it does bother me and the other 27 people who voted in the first option.

--------

Quote:
That being the case then, why does the presence of it bother you so much?
Again? It bothers me as much as it apparently bothers you to find:

Quote:
"a gorgeous model scissoring a (usually) considerably less gorgeous guy... That's like an instant cold shower!
Suffering from a mild case of double standard are we?
Furthermore, as I said:

"We're not in the beginning of this. I do remember a time when every little image, every trace of information about this 'fetish' was relevant to me."

Maybe that's the case for you. I don't know but if you're relatively new at this you might feel that way. Guess what? Some people are definitely not new at this.

--------

Quote:
I'm coming back to that question than nobody on the 'yes' side seems to able to answer.
Everyone already told you (FetishWebDev, desertgoodguy, Blobfish and bandit7319, for instance). The fact that you don't want to accept their answer is the problem here. Let me spell it out: People are different and sometimes they don't feel like seeing a lot of content that does not interest them.

I get it that you're happy. In fact I get that every f/f is happy in here.
If I was a f/f fan I would be peachy.
But I'm not a f/f fan and since this is a f/m forum things could be separated so everyone is happy and not only f/f fans.

--------

Quote:
[...] but it does illustrate the fact that we are all different and that's something which should be embraced, not partitioned.
So embrace the fact that some people have less time in their hands than others.
Also embrace the fact that you know little or nothing about others and that you cannot assume how they feel about a given subject. Hence... voting!!

--------

Quote:

Oh... You ARE trolling.

--------

Quote:
Particularly for those looking for mixed content, which still represents the enormous majority of content here.
Are you going to back that up with some hard data??
The forum is swarming with f/f. There's so much of it that some people (like me) think it's best to give it its own space.
In a way I'm actually fighting for the f/f supporters.
Take a minute to acknowledge it.

--------

Quote:
As someone primarily into f/f content, I'm on the side of the fence that should presumably find it harder to find the content that interests me. But that's not been the case for me at all.
Oh, I'm sure you're not having a hard time finding it.
You're not having a hard time finding it because it's all over the place.
And all over the place means that it is mixed with other f/m threads!!

--------

Ok. The amount of time lost in something so simple...

Can a moderator please share their thoughts with us?
I'm going to spam the pictures thread in hope more people vote.
If I get banned it was nice knowing you all (yes, even you FootPower)

Peace and advanced female over male domination through obscure Judo ground techniques,

-tracyt
Old 22-Jun-14, 09:52
Last Achievements

OK. I don't want to get into one of these typical you said this/I said that back and forth internet arguments. But I do think I need to clarify a couple of things here.

Quote:
No. We don't lose the community. At all. Haven't I explained this already?
In a divided forum there's no invisible barrier stopping anyone from visiting both forums. In fact it'll probably encourage more visits (as FetishWebDev so eloquently put) since everything would be in its place and you don't have to sift through a lot of posts to find what you're looking. While that might not bother you I assure you it does bother me and the other 27 people who voted in the first option.
It's 28 now! But that's not exactly a landslide, given that 22 people disagree, and few others are on the fence.

And as I said, I just think a lot of people would get comfortable in their 'own' forum. I know I wouldn't have any reason to look at the mixed forum, and from some of the comments here (see, I did read them!), I'm guessing there's at least a few mixed fans who'd never venture into an f/f forum.

Quote:
Again? It bothers me as much as it apparently bothers you to find:

Suffering from a mild case of double standard are we?
No, we aren't. Well, I'm not at least. You've just taken two completely separate comments I made and put them together to try and change the context. Which is a little low, come on now. The entire basis of my argument is that mixed content doesn't bother me. That's pretty much the whole point. I explained why I'm personally not into it, simply as a reply to your own reasoning for not being into f/f. But that's obviously not the same as saying the presence of mixed fighting on a message board primarily devoted to mixed fighting bothers me, because that would be be like going to the grocers and being bothered by all the vegetables!

Quote:
Everyone already told you (FetishWebDev, desertgoodguy, Blobfish and bandit7319, for instance).
No, they haven't. And neither have you. I've asked a very specific and I think quite a simple question. How much of an inconvenience is it to sometimes find content you aren't into?

desertgoodguy said he'd prefer separate forums, but acknowledged the extra work that might generate and that it would be "just as easy for me to ignore the stuff I am not interested in." Blobfish doesn't like f/f - which is perfectly cool. bandit7319 thought things should change because of the title of the board. And FetishWebDev thought it would make searching easier, which I did address in a reply to him.

But I still don't get the impression that many people are spending more than a few minutes searching for mixed or f/m content. If it was something more specific, I'd understand. Within both preferences, there are all kinds of content and so it might take someone a while to locate a No-Gi competitive grappling video, as a random example. Or pictures of a particular wrestling hold maybe. But with mixed and f/f, it's always gonna be one or the other, right?

Quote:
I get it that you're happy. In fact I get that every f/f is happy in here.
If I was a f/f fan I would be peachy.
But I'm not a f/f fan and since this is a f/m forum things could be separated so everyone is happy and not only f/f fans.
And this is really what it all seems to come down. You don't like f/f and you don't want to see it. But as I've said earlier, any f/f content appearing on this board isn't replacing the f/m. Where a thread might be updated with some f/f pictures, if they weren't there, the thread wouldn't have been updated. So what have you lost? And maybe you opened the thread, saw that the pictures were f/f and weren't interested. Is that really so hard?

Quote:
Oh... You ARE trolling.
What? How was that trolling? FetishWebDev suggested that some people might be discouraged from posting f/f content, due to the title of the message board and I replied that anyone who joins a message board should check the forum rules, which do explain that f/f is allowed.

I honestly don't see how that could be considered trolling?

Quote:
Oh, I'm sure you're not having a hard time finding it.
You're not having a hard time finding it because it's all over the place.
And all over the place means that it is mixed with other f/m threads!!
Hang on a minute. Earlier on, you said that FetishWebDev (amongst others) had explained to me why the board should be segregated. His point was that the f/f content was 'a bit of a hassle' for him to find. But you're saying it's 'all over the place'. I'm getting mixed signals here.

Quote:
I'm going to spam the pictures thread in hope more people vote.
Spamming other threads and 'accidentally' splitting the No vote on the poll. You could have a successful career in politics!

Anyway, that's it. I've said my piece (and a bit more). I'll leave it there and let you have the last word (these debates just end up going around in circles otherwise).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FootPower For This Useful Post: