Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

View Poll Results: Who could defeat men?
All of them 51 52.04%
None of them 14 14.29%
Amanda Leve 18 18.37%
Riley Breedlove 4 4.08%
Cora Sek 3 3.06%
Fallon Fratone 5 5.10%
Jasmine Johnson 1 1.02%
Izabella Frezzo 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-Jun-18, 21:19
Points: 4,873, Level: 29 Points: 4,873, Level: 29 Points: 4,873, Level: 29
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Can a teen athlete beat a man?

A lot of girls are in their athletic peak in their teen years so there are definitely teen girls out there who could beat men.

When I was in college, I lost to some girls who were in their teens.
Old 21-Jun-18, 05:29
Points: 5,351, Level: 31 Points: 5,351, Level: 31 Points: 5,351, Level: 31
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca12345 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
A lot of girls are in their athletic peak in their teen years so there are definitely teen girls out there who could beat men.

When I was in college, I lost to some girls who were in their teens.
Same. It's not nearly as easy as it sounds on paper or just by looking at them. I've had to learn that the hard hard way. At least for me, I could overpower them, but it would be exhausting to actually be able to hold them in place, stop them squirming around, and stay out of their quickly applied holds. And even if they look weak, if they've been dedicated to their sport and are playing on varsity, in my experience they're a lot stronger than they look too.

Weirdly enough I've had much more trouble vs high school girl athletes than girls (and some guys) who powerlift or do bodybuilding that are my age. The few times I've wrestled the latter two types I found it surprisingly easy. I don't know if I just subconsciously underestimate a cute, younger looking girl who looks a little frail, or they just have some combination of stamina, speed, flexibility, and explosiveness that non-athletes don't.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Germar For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Jun-18, 13:31
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germar [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Same. It's not nearly as easy as it sounds on paper or just by looking at them. I've had to learn that the hard hard way. At least for me, I could overpower them, but it would be exhausting to actually be able to hold them in place, stop them squirming around, and stay out of their quickly applied holds. And even if they look weak, if they've been dedicated to their sport and are playing on varsity, in my experience they're a lot stronger than they look too.

Weirdly enough I've had much more trouble vs high school girl athletes than girls (and some guys) who powerlift or do bodybuilding that are my age. The few times I've wrestled the latter two types I found it surprisingly easy. I don't know if I just subconsciously underestimate a cute, younger looking girl who looks a little frail, or they just have some combination of stamina, speed, flexibility, and explosiveness that non-athletes don't.

Large muscles consume oxygen, meaning bodybuilders and powerlifters gas quickly during cardio-intensive sports like wrestling

While strength plays a role in ground fighting, technique and cardio are much more important.

Women can lock in rear naked chokes the same as guys can.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Jun-18, 08:10
Points: 599, Level: 8 Points: 599, Level: 8 Points: 599, Level: 8

Honestly an average man would stomp these girls in a street fight.
Old 26-Jun-18, 12:07
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamc888 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Honestly an average man would stomp these girls in a street fight.

Not if he went to the ground with a girl trained in wrestling or Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Jun-18, 20:39
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Not if he went to the ground with a girl trained in wrestling or Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
Or stood up with a girl trained in boxing. If she's got enough reach to get to his face, Mr. "Average Man" could be in a spot of trouble.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Oct-18, 09:15
Banned
Points: 11,607, Level: 46 Points: 11,607, Level: 46 Points: 11,607, Level: 46
Last Achievements

Default Youth wrestlers

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I really wonder guys, how would you perform in a sportive match against the winner of this match? In my opinion she looks tough and skilled, and she is about 130lbs

Please tell me!
Old 26-Mar-24, 22:27
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8%

All of them would beat a man w/ limited training and experienced. all those girls have tons of training and experience including beating men. I'm shocked how many people voted for none. anyone who voted for "none" must have never seen these girl compete or. Unless a man is significantly bigger we would all be toast. any girl that knows BJJ definitely is a significant danger to take down a man. age doesn't matter

Last edited by Dale8; Today at 14:28.
Old Yesterday, 09:17
Points: 57,582, Level: 100 Points: 57,582, Level: 100 Points: 57,582, Level: 100
Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9% Activity: 92.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,750 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale8 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I'm shocked how many people voted for none.
When people say “a man”, a lot of people will conjure the image of a very idealistic version.

You can see some people immediately started talking about 6’5, 275lbs men presumably like a professional NFL or Rugby player. Heavyweight UFC fighters or WWE; Brock Lesnar or Dwayne Johnson type men. Or fictional characters like He-Man. lol.

It’s also a huge fallacy to think anyone that shares these physical stats also shares a pro athlete’s ability in a fight. Of course they don’t.

Plenty of lads in gyms have a similar physique to Cristiano Ronaldo and like playing a bit of Footy… Can they play like Ronaldo though? Of course not.

The easiest guy I ever beat on the mat outweighed me by 100lbs. He was just too slow, uncoordinated and unconditioned and eventually quit due to exhaustion.

Most guys boasting size and weight are “just fat” and will probably hinder them more than help in a fight.
Old Yesterday, 09:24
Points: 1,982, Level: 18 Points: 1,982, Level: 18 Points: 1,982, Level: 18
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
When people say “a man”, a lot of people will conjure the image of a very idealistic version.

You can see some people immediately started talking about 6’5, 275lbs men presumably like a professional NFL or Rugby player. Heavyweight UFC fighters or WWE; Brock Lesnar or Dwayne Johnson type men. Or fictional characters like He-Man. lol.

It’s also a huge fallacy to think anyone that shares these physical stats also shares a pro athlete’s ability in a fight. Of course they don’t.

Plenty of lads in gyms have a similar physique to Cristiano Ronaldo and like playing a bit of Footy… Can they play like Ronaldo though? Of course not.

The easiest guy I ever beat on the mat outweighed me by 100lbs. He was just too slow, uncoordinated and unconditioned and eventually quit due to exhaustion.

Most guys boasting size and weight are “just fat” and will probably hinder them more than help in a fight.
Totally agree. I am an above-average man (6"3) and sportive, but still have been beet by a teen girl (14) in a friendly sportive judo match. She was relatively strong but just totally outskilled me.
The Following User Says Thank You to AvS For This Useful Post: