Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 06-May-17, 14:25
Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,424 Times in 784 Posts
Default Re: My idea for better TV/movie fight scenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by al89 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
This is how I think m vs f fights should look like:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

It's a video I posted yesterday in the thread about m vs f fights from movies/TV but I think it should be posted here too because it's really a good example.

There's no fancy kung fu stuff or woman landing some spectatular kicks and punches. She beats two men one by one and it's as realistic as it can be. She imobilizes the first one by fighting dirty and kicking him in the balls and then starts pummeling him when he is in pain. The man is durable and she's not just able to KO him immediately but she needs to punch him quite few times to ultimately beat him into submission. Then with the second man she starts wrestling and it's a gritty fight with both of them improvising a lot. Both of them are determined to win but she manages to get the better of him eventually and ends up on top.

I love this fight because it's what I imagine a fight between unskilled men and a naturally strong (but also unskilled and not trained in anything) woman would look like.

It's also more humiliating when the man gets beaten by a woman with no martial art training who just overpowers him with some raw female strength and determination.
I actually don't like this clip. I do like the part where she wins a legit fight without crazy kung fu. That part was sexy.

But I hate the cutaways to men watching. And I hate the ending where she loses. But I get it, it's all part of the movie. But I wish it was one on one with no cutaways.
The Following User Says Thank You to NewYork For This Useful Post:
Old 08-May-17, 04:55
Points: 5,724, Level: 32 Points: 5,724, Level: 32 Points: 5,724, Level: 32
Activity: 26.2% Activity: 26.2% Activity: 26.2%
Last Achievements

for me it is simple: a sexy young girl in miniskirt who is doing a judothrow is the best. Even better when it is followed by a judo hold, in whcih te guy i screaming from pain, and she shows her red bra or black thong
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martin17 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Sep-18, 17:47
Points: 15,787, Level: 54 Points: 15,787, Level: 54 Points: 15,787, Level: 54
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

We Can Do It Re: My idea for better TV/movie fight scenes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypredilection [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
What basement are you in? Every hollywood movie overplays women easily handling males. Heck not enough that a 5'4" 115lbs woman can dispatch bodybuilders and martial artists with ease (Salt, Tomb Raider, Charlie's Angels, Black Widow....), now 10 year olds are doing the same (Hannah, Kickass).

It is an on-going scenario that gets more and more ludicrous. If Road House gets remade with Ronda Rousy I can only imagine the mayhem. Sure The Fate of the Furious will have females kicking butts too. What about Agents of Shield where Ming Na beats up plenty of men and so on?

The list gets longer and more absurd imo.
So you would prefer women featured in [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], subtracting option 'A.', I presume? Also, what do you think of [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]?

Last edited by Fr@g!l3_$p33d$+3r; 06-Sep-18 at 08:57. Reason: Syntax error and New info.
Old 06-Sep-18, 15:53
Points: 13,001, Level: 49 Points: 13,001, Level: 49 Points: 13,001, Level: 49
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,238 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirlingbloomingdale [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Emma Peel is still the all time greatest.
This is true for television, where Emma Peel fought in a way that sometimes was slow and intimidating. For example in an episode of The Avengers titled: Death At Bargain Prices.

Some movies allowed an extra dimension that is not shown on television: a fight where the woman is topless. This makes it easy for her opponent to get distracted for enough time for her to punch him. He become stunned by her beauty and by her punches.
Old 06-Sep-18, 16:01
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYork [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I've given up on better male jobbers so here is my next project that will go nowhere. How to make better TV/movie fight scenes.

The typical male vs. female fight scene is the woman with zero emotion doing many fast paced martial arts moves with a good but inferior man. During the fight scenes there will be many cutaways to a random man watching. When the woman wins, there is no emotion. Its as if this happens all the time.
Sometimes she faces several men.

What I'd like to see is make the fight more personal. Why are they fighting? Make it one on one. And have zero cutaways and plenty of trash talk. The Avengers did this with Emma Peel at times. But sadly, the art is lost.

Like all people, movie makers are copycats. Since other people do it this way, the filmmaker knows he/she won't get fired if they do it too and it falls flat.

It will take director who is willing to risk being laughed at by failing in a way that's different from what everyone else is failing.

Once one director hits a home run this way, then others will follow.
Old 06-Sep-18, 16:58
Points: 15,883, Level: 54 Points: 15,883, Level: 54 Points: 15,883, Level: 54
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

I would be happier if Hollywood did not film so many scenes of mixed fighting in dark rooms with both fighters dressed in black.
The Following User Says Thank You to Baldilocks For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Sep-18, 18:05
Temporary group
Points: 7,133, Level: 36 Points: 7,133, Level: 36 Points: 7,133, Level: 36
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

I would be happy with any mixed fighting scene that was anywhere in the realm of realistic with a truly skilled and fit woman who wins, moves that don’t violate the basic laws of physics, and fighters that don’t act in completely stupid ways.
Old 07-Sep-18, 05:04
G-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinme [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I would be happy with any mixed fighting scene that was anywhere in the realm of realistic with a truly skilled and fit woman who wins, moves that don’t violate the basic laws of physics, and fighters that don’t act in completely stupid ways.
Then you're basically talking about Hollywood pre 1990s The Matrix. I agree for the most part. Give me less cutaways, CGI, sped up footage, and boring outfits. The fights from the earlier days were better in those ways, albeit a bit corny at times, but I'll take Cynthia Rothrock choreographed ass kicking scenes over today's Hollywood production any day. Ask yourself a question, other than possibly Atomic Blonde, when is the last time Hollywood has produced a movie centered around a SERIOUS female action heroine? Usually the woman is a side character or her character is treated tongue and cheek. If I was producing a movie I would love to remake "Billy Jack" but with a female lead obviously. She would be a straight up martial arts BAD ASS. I would especially love to remake the famous right foot kick "wop" scene to Posner's face. I would right the wrongs and missed opportunities that shows like Charlies Angels made. No punches pulled. Let the lead woman, be a WOMAN, be sexy, AND kick major ass, in a believable but entertaining way. Build a back story about her that the audience can find compelling. I mean really, they've done it with male characters numerous times. Treat the female character with no less dignity or seriousness. That's what I want, an entire movie, not just cherry picked fight scenes. Give me a movie with a female lead that is worth watching from start to finish. Haywire came close, but Hollywood could do better.

Last edited by G-Force; 07-Sep-18 at 05:14.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Sep-18, 06:52
Banned
Points: 2,977, Level: 22 Points: 2,977, Level: 22 Points: 2,977, Level: 22
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%

Although I agree with much (but not all) of what is being said about movie/TV fight scenes involving females, I'm strictly a lover of "bad girls" beating up good guys and innocent, hapless men who happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The last movie I can think of offhand that I really liked was GoldenEye, featuring Famke Janssen as Xenia Onatopp, the female assassin who obviously got off sexually on destroying men between her thighs. Granted, those who prefer more realistic fighting, with women like Cynthia Rothrock, would probably roll their eyes at that one,but it has more appeal to me as I also love the leg scissor more so than martial arts. Would love to see a good list of movie/TV fight scenes featuring strictly bad girls beating up the guys, regardless of fighting styles.
The Following User Says Thank You to dirksneath For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Sep-18, 08:23
Points: 3,341, Level: 24 Points: 3,341, Level: 24 Points: 3,341, Level: 24
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

I like MvF fights when there are personal reasons which lead up to the fight. Brother vs older sister or Mother vs Son are especially my favourite. The fight itself should be realistic with no cutaways, equal (not one sided) and there should be trash talking. It should end with the woman doing a foot on chest victory pose.

The closest I could get to this was Thor:Ragnarok. However, that fight was way too short, had plenty of cutaways and no victory pose.
The Following User Says Thank You to tonymontana For This Useful Post: