Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 26-Nov-14, 13:25
Points: 9,031, Level: 40 Points: 9,031, Level: 40 Points: 9,031, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Ask a producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingfemalefan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Some recommendations: don't call beatdowns mixed fighting. I want male vs. female, not domination. Teach some basic moves and stances at least. I've seen mixed fighting videos where the women have their arms up like chickens squawking. Have better scripts, better dialogue. The women should exude confidence, not lack of confidence, and particularly not go on to outclass some guy when moments before they were acting like they had no clue how to fight. Make it one sided, but in a way that shows the guy giving it his all to fight back.

Don't have some guy like like Drew of Scissorvixens going "oh fuck", "oh fuck" on and on. Don't have Dante or guys like him in vids. Holy shit does he ruin a video. DON"T! DO NOT have the guys positioning themselves into the holds. The women should be maneuvering the guys, not the guys crawling up into a scissorhold or a choke. Don't call scissor videos mixed wrestling.

Learn to get rid of shadows when shooting so that's not obvious others are in the room. Teach the girls to not look at the camera or someone giving cues. DON"T ever sell a video with bad background noise, whether it's outside, the wind blowing, cameras snapping or some dude talking.
Basically, what you are asking, without disagreeing with the principal of what you support but taking into serious consideration how the majority of the videos are produced at the moment, is for the majority of producers to raise their costs by about 200-300%. Sure, it's gonna happen.
Old 26-Nov-14, 17:29
Points: 12,353, Level: 48 Points: 12,353, Level: 48 Points: 12,353, Level: 48
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendexter2 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
But not with the black guy who has to be the worst actor in this business. At the slightest scissors pressure he winces in pain as if he has been hit by an electric shock. Sometimes, he does that even before the hold is applied.
I understood who is... Yes, definetely not a good "actor"
Here there is a volunteer for an "European Scissors-Circle"
It surely would be a great experience and, if set up in my country, I'd be available to do that even for free ! At all !!!

Last edited by Bulldozer1986; 26-Nov-14 at 17:36.
Old 26-Nov-14, 18:12
Temporary group
Points: 9,639, Level: 42 Points: 9,639, Level: 42 Points: 9,639, Level: 42
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobberboy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I really appreciate the input from you guys, some of things you say I will take it under consideration for future projects.

What fascinates me is how much scrutiny you guys give to the male jobber. Almost every complaint in this thread is about the male jobber. I never realized how important he is in a match. What he looks like, how much he says, how much he acts like he is struggling. It seems that the male in the video is more important than the female wrestler. I always thought that it was more about the female wrestler.

Just curious, do you want the same qualities in a female jobber? Doesn't talk too much, doesn't smile or giggle, not trying to escape, etc.
I really don't have any complaints about the males in videos. Who cares if the girl is attractive?
The Following User Says Thank You to Cav_Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Nov-14, 19:30
Producer
Points: 5,682, Level: 32 Points: 5,682, Level: 32 Points: 5,682, Level: 32
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingfemalefan [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Some recommendations: don't call beatdowns mixed fighting. I want male vs. female, not domination. Teach some basic moves and stances at least. I've seen mixed fighting videos where the women have their arms up like chickens squawking. Have better scripts, better dialogue. The women should exude confidence, not lack of confidence, and particularly not go on to outclass some guy when moments before they were acting like they had no clue how to fight. Make it one sided, but in a way that shows the guy giving it his all to fight back.

Don't have some guy like like Drew of Scissorvixens going "oh fuck", "oh fuck" on and on. Don't have Dante or guys like him in vids. Holy shit does he ruin a video. DON"T! DO NOT have the guys positioning themselves into the holds. The women should be maneuvering the guys, not the guys crawling up into a scissorhold or a choke. Don't call scissor videos mixed wrestling.

Learn to get rid of shadows when shooting so that's not obvious others are in the room. Teach the girls to not look at the camera or someone giving cues. DON"T ever sell a video with bad background noise, whether it's outside, the wind blowing, cameras snapping or some dude talking.
I agree with many of the things that you have posted. I ,as well as many other producers, try to accurately describe matches so that the customer knows what he is getting. As I have said before, a lot of the female wrestlers are not wrestlers, they are models and the level of skill varies. If you have to spend time to teach them how to wrestle, it takes away from potential shooting time and you can't make as many videos. This is why some producers let the girl flap around. The producers can shoot several not so good videos in an hour rather than teach the wrestlers and only shoot one video. (3 bad videos can sell more than one good one)

Don't get me started on dialogue. I do scripted, choreographed wrestling matches. It's hard enough to get some girls to remember the sequence of moves that they have to perform, but if you add dialogue to remember then it can be impossible. This goes for the guys too. If the guy says the same thing in every video then he can't think of anything else to say. Models who have a lot of video experience are able to remember dialogue and improvise the scene. Models with lots of wrestling experience you can give them list of moves and they just apply them in order perfectly and the shoot goes fast. When the guy in the video pulls himself into the scissor or whatever hold he is in is because the girl cannot execute the move correctly. I bet that they tried several times and the girl couldn't get it right and they just gave up and had the guy put himself in the hold. Acting ability is the most underrated quality for wrestlers.

Lighting and setting up the set so that it is not cluttered is basic filmmaking and shows laziness on the part of the producer.You do want some ambient noise, but excessive background noise can be edited out or never put there in the first place.
Old 26-Nov-14, 21:06
Points: 23,379, Level: 66 Points: 23,379, Level: 66 Points: 23,379, Level: 66
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,877 Times in 368 Posts

I'm surprised at how hard it is for some people to feign humiliation.

Just talk less and less trash as the video goes on until you're humbled into silence for the last x amount of minutes.

For female jobbers I'd expect the same.

As for the count, in that video I just liked the fact it was cold and detached. Didn't matter what gender.
The Following User Says Thank You to georgejohnson For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Nov-14, 21:32
Points: 5,956, Level: 32 Points: 5,956, Level: 32 Points: 5,956, Level: 32
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendexter2 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
But not with the black guy who has to be the worst actor in this business. At the slightest scissors pressure he winces in pain as if he has been hit by an electric shock. Sometimes, he does that even before the hold is applied.
Andrew...without question THE WORST jobber ever. Must have cost some companies money after seeing videos with him in. Terrible.
Old 26-Nov-14, 22:00
Points: 4,757, Level: 29 Points: 4,757, Level: 29 Points: 4,757, Level: 29
Last Achievements

Quote:
Basically, what you are asking, without disagreeing with the principal of what you support but taking into serious consideration how the majority of the videos are produced at the moment, is for the majority of producers to raise their costs by about 200-300%. Sure, it's gonna happen.
I'm willing to pay 2-3 times the price of most clips. If one is quality, then I will get more out of it, than having to discard say 9 out of 10. I have some clips that are well done that I have gone back to time after time.
The Following User Says Thank You to fightingfemalefan For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Nov-14, 02:17
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,448 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
I'm willing to pay 2-3 times the price of most clips. If one is quality, then I will get more out of it, than having to discard say 9 out of 10. I have some clips that are well done that I have gone back to time after time.
Do you remember back when even shitty VHS tapes cost $50-60?

The market has spoken, though, and $1/minute is the upper end of what people are willing to pay and the upper limit on total price is now about $40, with most titles selling for a lot less. I know customers appreciate quality, but at the risk of being overly presumptuous, my guess is that you're a very unique customer with respect to what you're willing to pay for what you really want to see. I'm hoping that the coming year will provide me with more opportunity to better address the concerns of customers like you, as I'd much rather improve my quality than my volume at this point.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KillerCrushes For This Useful Post:
Old 27-Nov-14, 03:22
Points: 9,031, Level: 40 Points: 9,031, Level: 40 Points: 9,031, Level: 40
Last Achievements

Quote:
You might do that and I might do that too, but producers do not and should not run businesses on that assumption. Let's face it, for all those producers to be there, most of them for MANY years, and for the dozens of new sites that come out on C4Ss or on their own every year, there is a market for them and it seems that it is a good market that allows them some decent profit.
I see here and in other fora, some people complaining about the market and still the market grows every year, with many more wrestlers, models, athletes and sessionists that do hundreds of videos every week. Only a tiny percentage fail completely. Most carry on. Many do very well. That shows something.

At the end of the day, we might not all like what is out there, but it is absolutely certain that it is, in general, good enough for people to buy.

Last edited by hms1gr; 27-Nov-14 at 04:03.
Old 27-Nov-14, 08:03
Points: 9,908, Level: 42 Points: 9,908, Level: 42 Points: 9,908, Level: 42
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCrushes [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Do you remember back when even shitty VHS tapes cost $50-60?

The market has spoken, though, and $1/minute is the upper end of what people are willing to pay and the upper limit on total price is now about $40, with most titles selling for a lot less. I know customers appreciate quality, but at the risk of being overly presumptuous, my guess is that you're a very unique customer with respect to what you're willing to pay for what you really want to see. I'm hoping that the coming year will provide me with more opportunity to better address the concerns of customers like you, as I'd much rather improve my quality than my volume at this point.

Even though we only shot together once, I think we made for a pretty good team...if you ever make the trek down south, I'm game...or maybe even a meet up in the dessert.