Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > The Pioneers

Check out Jennifer's latest SessionGirls interview, with Lia Labowe! For discussion, visit this topic.

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Rage vs Vanessa II.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - FW-94.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #231  
Old 08-Aug-18, 15:39
lovefvsf lovefvsf is offline
Junior Member
Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1
Activity: 27.5% Activity: 27.5% Activity: 27.5%
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Judell DuLong

Just found this..... Play slideshow.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lovefvsf For This Useful Post:
  #232  
Old 08-Aug-18, 16:34
ClckwrkOra ClckwrkOra is offline
Senior Member
Points: 4,011, Level: 26 Points: 4,011, Level: 26 Points: 4,011, Level: 26
Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0% Activity: 99.0%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 475
Thanks: 132
Thanked 300 Times in 167 Posts
Default Re: Judell DuLong

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovefvsf [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Just found this..... Play slideshow.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]


And on Myspace, no less.

You've got search skillz, as the kids say.

I am not worthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian270446 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Well AK, here is a bit more info about The Amazon in California for you to ponder. If you have a look at the attached table it gives the number of matches some of the girls had in each of 1977 and 1978, and compares that with the number that were released. Lets take 1977 and examine it in a bit more detail. We know that some of the girls on that list had matches against girls that are not on the list (eg: Nancy had matches against Margo Gowan and Penny Ryan in 1977). However, lets assume that most of the matches that any girl on that list had were against other girls on that list, then that would give approx. 150 matches (297/2) in the year. By comparison there were about 20 matches released (37/2 + a few against girls not on the list).

Unfortunately I only have that level of detail for those 2 years, but next time I communicate with Jacqy I may ask if she has it for other years.

In addition to that 150 matches there would no doubt have been a lot of matches involving girls who just wrestled for fun and did not want to have their matches filmed. As I mentioned in a previous post, Brandy Hawke once said to me that only about 10% of the girls who wrestled at her establishment were prepared to appear on film. I have no doubt it was similar at The Amazon. Of course even of those 150 odd matches involving girls that were prepared to appear on film many of them were not filmed, and some that were may have turned out to be more one sided than Judell had expected so the film was not released.

Of course even if most of those 150 had been filmed and released we would, as you said, been too broke to buy all of them. I suspect that Jack Snr., as the marketing arm of the organisation, had a good handle on how much material the market would bear and made sure they did not flood it.

Man, that's serious stuff. Good work, guy.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
  #233  
Old 08-Aug-18, 19:05
figamapar's Avatar
figamapar figamapar is offline
Junior Member
Points: 1,252, Level: 14 Points: 1,252, Level: 14 Points: 1,252, Level: 14
Activity: 30.0% Activity: 30.0% Activity: 30.0%
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 26
Thanks: 77
Thanked 38 Times in 15 Posts
Default Re: Judell DuLong

Well obviously this must be Ian's myspace. I think it has been posted here before and Ian posted most of the photos on his myspace in this thread. But nice find, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovefvsf [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Just found this..... Play slideshow.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Added after 10 minutes:

These Judell Pics are totally awesome you've made me a happy man today

AmaPar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian270446 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Part 3.
Added after 5 minutes:

Judell defeated Nancy with her classic cradle hold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian270446 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Here is the concluding set of photos from this match.
The busty blonde that referees is Judell's daugther?

PLEASE post more pictures of the THE AMAZON with the other girls ie not Judell or Skarvan sisters but all the other girls. Thank you so much! AmaPar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian270446 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That first match between Judell and Nancy took place on 7th July, 1977, Judell was 39 at the time and Nancy was still only 17. They had a rematch in 1981 by which time Judell was 42 and Nancy was 21.

Only have these three photos from that match.

This is also the last of the photos I have of matches featuring Judell. I have some of the next generation of the Du Long family (Sharon) so will start posting them. I also have hundreds of photos from matches the other girls had at The Amazon so could post those if people want to see them.
Well obviously this must be Ian's myspace. I think it has been posted here before and Ian posted most of the photos on his myspace in this thread. But nice find, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovefvsf [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Just found this..... Play slideshow.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Added after 10 minutes:

These Judell Pics are totally awesome you've made me a happy man today

AmaPar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian270446 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Part 3.
Added after 5 minutes:

Judell defeated Nancy with her classic cradle hold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian270446 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Here is the concluding set of photos from this match.
The busty blonde that referees is Judell's daugther?

PLEASE post more pictures of the THE AMAZON with the other girls ie not Judell or Skarvan sisters but all the other girls. Thank you so much! AmaPar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian270446 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That first match between Judell and Nancy took place on 7th July, 1977, Judell was 39 at the time and Nancy was still only 17. They had a rematch in 1981 by which time Judell was 42 and Nancy was 21.

Only have these three photos from that match.

This is also the last of the photos I have of matches featuring Judell. I have some of the next generation of the Du Long family (Sharon) so will start posting them. I also have hundreds of photos from matches the other girls had at The Amazon so could post those if people want to see them.
Added after 24 minutes:



This account on ebay "capnhapnin" is selling Judell Dulong pics regularly. The prices however are outrageous $12 for one pic only.

I wonder what these photo sets were sold for originally?

Thanks
AmaPar

Last edited by figamapar; 08-Aug-18 at 19:05.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to figamapar For This Useful Post:
  #234  
Old 08-Aug-18, 22:44
figamapar's Avatar
figamapar figamapar is offline
Junior Member
Points: 1,252, Level: 14 Points: 1,252, Level: 14 Points: 1,252, Level: 14
Activity: 30.0% Activity: 30.0% Activity: 30.0%
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 26
Thanks: 77
Thanked 38 Times in 15 Posts
Default Re: Judell DuLong

The German Doctor was a dentist and he was called Dr. Zschiegner, from Berlin. As far as I know he started in the 1930s (there are films in evidence) and continued after the war in the late 1940s, which was his peak production period. As he was situated in East Berlin, he had to stop in the mid 1950s when the communists took over East Berlin.

AmaPar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsimmons [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Iím Facebook friends with Nancy. She lives in Montana. Still an attractive albeit older woman. Very political.

Added after 8 minutes:

I do think Judell was THE pioneer, but there were companies filming decently competitive female wrestling movies dating back decades. There was a German doctor who started making films in the 20s, possibly during the Weimar Republic. Irving Klaw was producing catfights in the 50s, possibly 40s. Then Peerless came along in the late 50s/early 60s in NY followed by Dvorkin, who opened California Supreme in the early to mid 60s. Milco started up around Ď69 or Ď70 then Judell and Triumph/Sundance and Joan Wise all got off the ground around the same time in the early to mid 70s. Obviously Burke was on the scene. In fact, Judell did her first filmed match for Millie, a mixed bout she won.
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 08-Aug-18, 22:45
Ian270446 Ian270446 is offline
Senior Member
Points: 4,676, Level: 28 Points: 4,676, Level: 28 Points: 4,676, Level: 28
Activity: 42.5% Activity: 42.5% Activity: 42.5%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Gender: Male
Location: Australia
Posts: 143
Thanks: 211
Thanked 717 Times in 119 Posts
Default Re: Judell DuLong

Quote:
Originally Posted by figamapar [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
This account on ebay "capnhapnin" is selling Judell Dulong pics regularly. The prices however are outrageous $12 for one pic only.

I wonder what these photo sets were sold for originally?
Judell sold picture sets for between US$30 and US$45, depending on the number of pics, which varied between about 50 for the cheaper sets and maybe 90 for the more expensive sets. Of course that was about 40 years ago. However, despite a thing called inflation $12 for one pic is outrageous. Some people seem to think they can get away with it, as I have seen single copies of AiA advertised on ebay for $50 each.
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 08-Aug-18, 23:04
figamapar's Avatar
figamapar figamapar is offline
Junior Member
Points: 1,252, Level: 14 Points: 1,252, Level: 14 Points: 1,252, Level: 14
Activity: 30.0% Activity: 30.0% Activity: 30.0%
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 26
Thanks: 77
Thanked 38 Times in 15 Posts
Default Re: Judell DuLong

Ian, are you going to post more pictures of Judell Dulongs Camp Amazon matches in this thread?. That would be awesome.

AmaPar

Last edited by figamapar; 08-Aug-18 at 23:14.
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 08-Aug-18, 23:23
Ian270446 Ian270446 is offline
Senior Member
Points: 4,676, Level: 28 Points: 4,676, Level: 28 Points: 4,676, Level: 28
Activity: 42.5% Activity: 42.5% Activity: 42.5%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Gender: Male
Location: Australia
Posts: 143
Thanks: 211
Thanked 717 Times in 119 Posts
Default Re: Judell DuLong

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovefvsf [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Just found this..... Play slideshow.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It is many, many years since I posted those pics on Myspace. In fact, I had not realised Myspace was still around.
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 08-Aug-18, 23:24
Ian270446 Ian270446 is offline
Senior Member
Points: 4,676, Level: 28 Points: 4,676, Level: 28 Points: 4,676, Level: 28
Activity: 42.5% Activity: 42.5% Activity: 42.5%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Gender: Male
Location: Australia
Posts: 143
Thanks: 211
Thanked 717 Times in 119 Posts
Default Re: Judell DuLong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian270446
Well AK, here is a bit more info about The Amazon in California for you to ponder. If you have a look at the attached table it gives the number of matches some of the girls had in each of 1977 and 1978, and compares that with the number that were released. Lets take 1977 and examine it in a bit more detail. We know that some of the girls on that list had matches against girls that are not on the list (eg: Nancy had matches against Margo Gowan and Penny Ryan in 1977). However, lets assume that most of the matches that any girl on that list had were against other girls on that list, then that would give approx. 150 matches (297/2) in the year. By comparison there were about 20 matches released (37/2 + a few against girls not on the list).

Unfortunately I only have that level of detail for those 2 years, but next time I communicate with Jacqy I may ask if she has it for other years.

In addition to that 150 matches there would no doubt have been a lot of matches involving girls who just wrestled for fun and did not want to have their matches filmed. As I mentioned in a previous post, Brandy Hawke once said to me that only about 10% of the girls who wrestled at her establishment were prepared to appear on film. I have no doubt it was similar at The Amazon. Of course even of those 150 odd matches involving girls that were prepared to appear on film many of them were not filmed, and some that were may have turned out to be more one sided than Judell had expected so the film was not released.

Of course even if most of those 150 had been filmed and released we would, as you said, been too broke to buy all of them. I suspect that Jack Snr., as the marketing arm of the organisation, had a good handle on how much material the market would bear and made sure they did not flood it.


Man, that's serious stuff. Good work, guy
Glad you enjoyed it.
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 08-Aug-18, 23:27
Ian270446 Ian270446 is offline
Senior Member
Points: 4,676, Level: 28 Points: 4,676, Level: 28 Points: 4,676, Level: 28
Activity: 42.5% Activity: 42.5% Activity: 42.5%
Last Achievements
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Gender: Male
Location: Australia
Posts: 143
Thanks: 211
Thanked 717 Times in 119 Posts
Default Re: Judell DuLong

Quote:
Originally Posted by figamapar [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The German Doctor was a dentist and he was called Dr. Zschiegner, from Berlin. As far as I know he started in the 1930s (there are films in evidence) and continued after the war in the late 1940s, which was his peak production period. As he was situated in East Berlin, he had to stop in the mid 1950s when the communists took over East Berlin.

AmaPar.
There seems to be a common thread here of dentists having an interest in female wrestling, as Dr Ron Dvorkin was also a dentist as I recall.

Ian.
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 10-Aug-18, 11:20
figamapar's Avatar
figamapar figamapar is offline
Junior Member
Points: 1,252, Level: 14 Points: 1,252, Level: 14 Points: 1,252, Level: 14
Activity: 30.0% Activity: 30.0% Activity: 30.0%
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Gender: Male
Posts: 26
Thanks: 77
Thanked 38 Times in 15 Posts
Default Re: Judell DuLong

who won this match?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian270446 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Some photos of Judell versus Nancy Hogle from a match which took place on 26th October, 1974.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to figamapar For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
female wrestling, judell dulong, oldies

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Judell Dulong clips stymie Wrestling & Fighting Videos 2 09-Aug-18 19:45


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:22.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.