Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Session Reviews

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 09-May-17, 20:51
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,828 Posts
Default Katrina (Toronto) reviews

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

I met Katrina in the last few days and I already know it will be the 1st of many sessions. I have a type and she is ideal, tall and rangy with a ruggedly powerful figure. We focused on pin-style wrestling which I think is ideal for her at the moment. She knows a few bjj-type holds but not enough to be comfortable grappling like that. Things got fairly intense during said wrestling, certainly more than fantasy level. I assume she doesn't want to promise semi-comp in case someone turns out to be more aggressive than she's comfortable with. She has perfect arms for sleepers and chokeholds, I found myself lightheaded after only a few seconds more than once. Her upper and lower body strength are such that any guy less than 200 pounds who attempts to pin her in anything close to haphazard fashion should expect to be authoritatively thrown off in short order.
Our respective reaches made the prospect of us boxing uninteresting, but as she has far more experience boxing than wrestling I'm sure such sessions with her would be great.
She's pretty much unique physically as far as sessions in the area are concerned. That being said, emails were returned promptly and she's game for giving any type of fighting a try. I can't imagine being disappointed by her unless you have years of bjj training and expect like-tactics from your opponent.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to boyofwinter For This Useful Post:
Old 11-May-17, 04:22
Points: 7,341, Level: 36 Points: 7,341, Level: 36 Points: 7,341, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Anyone in Toronto sessioned with Katrina as yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyofwinter [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I met Katrina in the last few days and I already know it will be the 1st of many sessions. I have a type and she is ideal, tall and rangy with a ruggedly powerful figure. We focused on pin-style wrestling which I think is ideal for her at the moment. She knows a few bjj-type holds but not enough to be comfortable grappling like that. Things got fairly intense during said wrestling, certainly more than fantasy level. I assume she doesn't want to promise semi-comp in case someone turns out to be more aggressive than she's comfortable with. She has perfect arms for sleepers and chokeholds, I found myself lightheaded after only a few seconds more than once. Her upper and lower body strength are such that any guy less than 200 pounds who attempts to pin her in anything close to haphazard fashion should expect to be authoritatively thrown off in short order.
Our respective reaches made the prospect of us boxing uninteresting, but as she has far more experience boxing than wrestling I'm sure such sessions with her would be great.
She's pretty much unique physically as far as sessions in the area are concerned. That being said, emails were returned promptly and she's game for giving any type of fighting a try. I can't imagine being disappointed by her unless you have years of bjj training and expect like-tactics from your opponent.
How strong were her scissors?
Old 11-May-17, 20:39
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlefan2009 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
How strong were her scissors?
9 for power, 8 for technique (she's still learning the best way to move her legs, but she's a fast learner). The 10s are a very small group, she's closer to them than someone so new to wrestling should be.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to boyofwinter For This Useful Post:
Old 12-May-17, 23:38
Points: 5,518, Level: 31 Points: 5,518, Level: 31 Points: 5,518, Level: 31
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyofwinter [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Thanks for the review @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]. She seems reluctant to do anything competitive but after your review I would like to meet her. Does she have a place ? Or you had to host it ?
Old 13-May-17, 01:42
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
She seems reluctant to do anything competitive but after your review I would like to meet her. Does she have a place ? Or you had to host it ?
You must host. Like I said, she won't agree to wrestle competitively with a new client.
Old 07-Jul-17, 19:55
Points: 2,732, Level: 21 Points: 2,732, Level: 21 Points: 2,732, Level: 21
Last Achievements

Default Re: Katrina (Toronto) reviews

I also like light/fantasy to semi comp pin wrestling and scissors. What type of pins does she use? Thanks
Old 08-Jul-17, 05:55
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hman1974 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I also like light/fantasy to semi comp pin wrestling and scissors. What type of pins does she use? Thanks
Standard, schoolgirl, grapevine, matchbook.
The Following User Says Thank You to boyofwinter For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Jul-17, 01:11
Last Achievements

I was finally able to meet her. She is really a fun person to be around, definitely a nice lady, however do not expect anything even slightly more intense than fantasy. She's neither willing nor capable of doing anything more intense.

If light/fantasy is what you are after then I believe she will give you a phenomenal session, but do not expect anything more intense than that.
Old 01-Aug-17, 19:34
Points: 248, Level: 4 Points: 248, Level: 4 Points: 248, Level: 4
Activity: 5.9% Activity: 5.9% Activity: 5.9%

HI Everyone!
I'm Katrina.
I don't recall meeting you, but feel free to e-mail me at sand36@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]mail.com however if the session wasn't what you expected then you should of stated that to me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollywoodSandy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Aug-17, 17:57
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollywoodSandy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
HI Everyone!
I'm Katrina.
I don't recall meeting you, but feel free to e-mail me at sand36@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]mail.com however if the session wasn't what you expected then you should of stated that to me.
Welcome to the forum Katrina. My apologies in case my message came across in a negative tone. As you can read there are no complains, "phenomenal session" hardly can be understood in a negative way . The point of the message is to help other members to have the right expectations as it is stated on your profile as well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Useful Post: