Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Session Reviews

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 13-Jul-18, 16:48
Points: 2,008, Level: 18 Points: 2,008, Level: 18 Points: 2,008, Level: 18
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Maria Queen reviews

I've tried to book Maria 2 times in 2 different years in Lisbon and both times she canceled the travel without warning. I'm happy because I didn't had time to pay her in advance via Paypal. I don't know if I could have recover my money if I had paid her
Old 22-Jul-18, 20:36
Points: 4,826, Level: 29 Points: 4,826, Level: 29 Points: 4,826, Level: 29
Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8%
Last Achievements

I met Maria in the spring of 2017. The photos posted on the previous page of this thread are from then. She is lots of fun to session with. I'm 165 pounds, so bigger than her, but not so much bigger that she couldn't handle me. She has a very disarming style that put me at a disadvantage. I'm untrained at ground fighting, and she's a very accomplished bjj practitioner, so she kept me on my back and took advantage of my lack of training. It was a great session and I'd repeat any time she passes through my city.

There have been some questions about her English: I'd say she's nearly fluent. Her written skills don't show that, but if you've ever tried to learn a second language, you'd know how hard it is to learn to write. That goes double for English, because the spelling is full of silent letters and hominyms. Right? Write. And spell check only works on the language you usually use.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to crazycrazy For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Jul-18, 22:27
Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts

I had no idea English wasn't her first language until yesterday. I thought she was from Pittsburgh. Either way, her reputation is going to take a hit after her outbursts yesterday.

And by the way, I have to disagree. All over Europe, people learn English as a second language and learn it *very* well. There are definitely some tricky points ("get" can mean so many things), but English is a very simple language compared to, say, Russian or Japanese.
Old 23-Jul-18, 04:26
Points: 4,826, Level: 29 Points: 4,826, Level: 29 Points: 4,826, Level: 29
Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8%
Last Achievements

English is easier for Scandinavians, Germans and those who speak Dutch. These languages are related. It's more difficult for people who speak French, Italian, Portuguese, Catalan, and Spanish. We share the Latin alphabet, some grammar, and many words.

It's much harder to learn a language with a different alphabet. That is obvious. The point was it's harder to learn to write than it is to speak or to read. That's been my experience.

Are we still talking about Maria? Or should we start a separate thread on learning foreign languages?
Old 23-Jul-18, 04:52
Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,052 Times in 710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxiel [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I had no idea English wasn't her first language until yesterday. I thought she was from Pittsburgh. Either way, her reputation is going to take a hit after her outbursts yesterday.
Quite honestly she deserves it. Most people here realize there a ton of timewasters in the industry. It's pretty simple for every other session girl to just ignore them and go on about their business. For every guy who tried to tell her nicely that it wasn't a big deal, she would go on crazy rants and acted like we were trying to oppress women in the world and she was trying to empower them, lol.

Tags
maria queen