Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 07-Feb-15, 20:06
Points: 4,751, Level: 29 Points: 4,751, Level: 29 Points: 4,751, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Competitive or not? How do you folks judge

I know from experience that a smaller, trained woman can dominate a larger man. She could take advantage me by drawing me off balance and use my strength and momentum against me. She used various joint holds to control my movements. She concentrated on specific areas of my body to wear me down. And when she was in a dominant position, she distributed her 120 lbs in a way that negated my efforts to "power out" of hold.

But I know had someone witnessed the matches, because her technique was so subtle and fluid, they probably would think that I wasn't really trying that hard.

My question is, how do you folks judge a match you witness (on video or live) as to how competitive it is?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sneezer6 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Feb-15, 20:08
Last Achievements

Default Re: Competitive or not? How do you folks judge

please ignore the typos. I think you know what I mean.
Old 07-Feb-15, 20:17
Banned
Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47
Last Achievements

In general few, if any, products of the vidbiz would merit the description "competitive"
Old 07-Feb-15, 20:40
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], before anything I would like to clear out a certain point that has recently been brought up in the community:
There are two competing descriptions of competitive among the fetish folk. One of them defines a match where both opponents try their best to win. In this case there is no reference to the difference between their abilities / power. The other definition is of a match where besides both sides doing their best to win, the opponents are more or less closely matched.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 07-Feb-15, 20:52
Last Achievements

I guess that's what I'm asking. How do we define competitive. Is it a match where the outcome is not pre-determined? One that is scripted? One that is improvised but one where one of the wrestlers just doesn't "try very hard?"

I watch a match with Nadege or the tatooed Brit Cathy, and I see them doing many of the things that I experienced. Balance, agility, fluidity and a knowledge of holds.

How do we label those?
Old 07-Feb-15, 20:56
Banned
Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47 Points: 11,882, Level: 47
Last Achievements

Perhaps one needs to introduce the concept of "skilled" as against "unskilled"
Old 07-Feb-15, 22:50
Last Achievements

I don't mean to be a pest. I'm looking for a definition for a particular reason. Let me see if this works for you.

Competitive match: The outcome is not pre-determined, both contestants apply maximum effort.

Taped matches involving highly skilled and obviously well trained women, such as Veve, have a predetermined outcome, since the market for men defeating women, I would imagine, is not very large. They serve as kind of demonstration of skill for women who, under certain conditions, would offer a competitive session.

The rest of the matches offered for sale I'm not concerned with.
Old 07-Feb-15, 23:51
Pioneers Moderator
Points: 32,416, Level: 78 Points: 32,416, Level: 78 Points: 32,416, Level: 78
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,247 Times in 493 Posts

You're definition in the post immediate above is as accurate as any I have seen. You'll find a lot of F/F matches, especially at events, that fit that description. There are some mixed films that do as well, but I doubt there are a fourth as many, if that much, as there are competitive F/F. You can find some at DWW, Fighting Dolls, maybe a few Italian Female Wrestling films, and our own Zweig's company, Fighting Pulse.
Old 08-Feb-15, 02:01
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

I suppose there are lots of variants in what could be defined as "competitive". Sometimes competitive matches, at least in the session world are described in terms of "light competitive" to "ultra competitive". For instance, could a match between Bunny Glamazon and Bosco, where Bosco tries his hardest, and Bunny, of course, would have to hold back some to keep from accidentally killing the little fellow be described as competitive? Although it would not be of interest to me, I wouldn't necessarily disagree with those who'd describe it as competitive...
Old 08-Feb-15, 04:15
Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52 Points: 14,900, Level: 52
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,175 Times in 390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register], before anything I would like to clear out a certain point that has recently been brought up in the community:
There are two competing descriptions of competitive among the fetish folk. One of them defines a match where both opponents try their best to win. In this case there is no reference to the difference between their abilities / power. The other definition is of a match where besides both sides doing their best to win, the opponents are more or less closely matched.
I agree - very important distinctions. A lot of people don't seem to grasp that a pretty large, fit dude can be beaten by a much smaller woman if she is very skilled.
The Following User Says Thank You to schatten_PhD For This Useful Post:

Tags
competitive wrestling