Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 22-Jan-17, 21:36
Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,808 Times in 653 Posts
Default Re: Lost Opportunity

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Absolutely necessary. If it wasn't, the comment wouldn't have made in the first place. I'm not sure why some people seem to have such a dislike of paragraphs.
No, it wasn't necessary. This isn't a forum for calling people out over grammatical errors, it is a forum for discussion our fetish. Don't like not reading paragraphs, then don't read it. That simple really. Deal with it, grow up, and enjoy the forum instead of joining in the pedantry. Don't bother replying because I won't be reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoswrap [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Well I guess the good thing is you don't have to read it if you don't want to. That's the beauty of this group.
Well said, and you are absolutely right. Ignore the pedants. I'm going to from now on, and I'm sure browsing the forum will be much more enjoyable!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Subboy2 For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Jan-17, 23:56
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,193 Times in 794 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subboy2 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
No, it wasn't necessary. This isn't a forum for calling people out over grammatical errors, it is a forum for discussion our fetish. Don't like not reading paragraphs, then don't read it. That simple really. Deal with it, grow up, and enjoy the forum instead of joining in the pedantry. Don't bother replying because I won't be reading it.
You mean like the grown up attitude you're displaying here? I'm not sure what kind of person goes ballistic simply because someone pointed out that paragraphs are easier to read. One assumes you made the post because you wanted people to read it, so why the objection to making it easier for them to do so? The people on this forum didn't invent the idea of paragraphs. Books, magazines, newspapers and even online sites generally use them. As far as I know, society in general has deemed them a good thing. I imagine, despite your promise not to, that you actually will read this and if you do, realize it's nothing personal against you. It's the statement "text with paragraphs is easier to read than text without them". I don't know how anyone can disagree with that or why it would be such a hot-button for you.
Old 23-Jan-17, 00:48
Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53 Points: 15,348, Level: 53
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You mean like the grown up attitude you're displaying here? I'm not sure what kind of person goes ballistic simply because someone pointed out that paragraphs are easier to read. One assumes you made the post because you wanted people to read it, so why the objection to making it easier for them to do so? The people on this forum didn't invent the idea of paragraphs. Books, magazines, newspapers and even online sites generally use them. As far as I know, society in general has deemed them a good thing. I imagine, despite your promise not to, that you actually will read this and if you do, realize it's nothing personal against you. It's the statement "text with paragraphs is easier to read than text without them". I don't know how anyone can disagree with that or why it would be such a hot-button for you.
He didn't start the post, I did. If I knew how to take the whole thread down I would. I think it's silly that we have an argument about the grammar, structure of a post or anything of the sort. I'm sorry I tried to start what I thought would be a fun topic for the group to comment on.
I do have a suggestion to the Admin though. It may be time to add a third section. Why not add another forum titled critiquing the grammar and structure of posts? This way those of us that aren't really interested in what the poster has to say but rather want to show how smart they are can go to this forum instead of wasting the time of those that actually want to have fetish conversation. They can also look for spelling errors. Give them something to do to pass their time.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ricoswrap For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Jan-17, 01:24
Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31
Last Achievements

Guys, I personally would appreciate it if all future posts were done only in haiku.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rated G For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Jan-17, 02:24
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoswrap [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
He didn't start the post, I did. If I knew how to take the whole thread down I would. I think it's silly that we have an argument about the grammar, structure of a post or anything of the sort. I'm sorry I tried to start what I thought would be a fun topic for the group to comment on.
I do have a suggestion to the Admin though. It may be time to add a third section. Why not add another forum titled critiquing the grammar and structure of posts? This way those of us that aren't really interested in what the poster has to say but rather want to show how smart they are can go to this forum instead of wasting the time of those that actually want to have fetish conversation. They can also look for spelling errors. Give them something to do to pass their time.
Again, I think too much is being made of the simple observation that paragraphs make text easier to read. It's not a criticism of grammar or spelling or anything like that. I think the level of sensitivity is pretty high here for some reason. The response seems pretty harsh considering the innocuousness of the observation that was made. What is with the paragraph-hate? All that was said is they make it easier to read. How does that constitute an attack? In fact, it could be viewed as encouragement. It could mean the reader found the post engaging and was passing along a helpful suggestion. That's what I thought I was doing.

Last edited by brooksie; 23-Jan-17 at 02:33. Reason: add
Old 23-Jan-17, 02:49
Last Achievements

Quote:
Again, I think too much is being made of the simple observation that paragraphs make text easier to read. It's not a criticism of grammar or spelling or anything like that. I think the level of sensitivity is pretty high here for some reason. The response seems pretty harsh considering the innocuousness of the observation that was made. What is with the paragraph-hate? All that was said is they make it easier to read. How does that constitute an attack? In fact, it could be viewed as encouragement. It could mean the reader found the post engaging and was passing along a helpful suggestion. That's what I thought I was doing.
Fair enough. Sometimes the boards get a little slow and it just gets aggravating when you try to liven it up with a topic to create some interesting conversation and all you get are comments about the format or punctuation or the likes.
I have my masters. I know all about paragraphs and spelling and punctuation. The truth is that my return key sticks so I usually have to keep hitting space to go to a new line to start a new paragraph. So I get lazy. But I'm not doing a term paper here. This is my secret fun world not a work project.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricoswrap For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Jan-17, 03:02
Points: 75,189, Level: 100 Points: 75,189, Level: 100 Points: 75,189, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,500 Times in 949 Posts

I agree that paragraphs will make these topics easier to read, but responses from guys like Cubsfan just do nothing but aggravate people(Not the first time, btw). Which is a reason why a lot of people flip out or go on the defensive

I imagine if another poster said "Could you please put your post in paragraphs" or something...this thread probably wouldn't go into the route it headed.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KazanaVest12 For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Jan-17, 03:08
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyer860 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I agree that paragraphs will of course make these topics easier to read, but responses from guys like Cubsfan just do nothing but aggravate people(Not the first time, btw). Which is a reason why a lot of people flip out or go on the defensive

I imagine if another poster said "Could you please put your post in paragraphs" or something...this thread wouldn't go into the route it headed.
I totally agree. It was kind of insulting actually. Almost like he was insinuating he has a greater intelligence and he doesn't even know me.
I should just take it with a grain of salt though given his history.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ricoswrap For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Jan-17, 03:21
Banned
Last Achievements

Quote:
Fair enough. Sometimes the boards get a little slow and it just gets aggravating when you try to liven it up with a topic to create some interesting conversation and all you get are comments about the format or punctuation or the likes.
I have my masters. I know all about paragraphs and spelling and punctuation. The truth is that my return key sticks so I usually have to keep hitting space to go to a new line to start a new paragraph. So I get lazy. But I'm not doing a term paper here. This is my secret fun world not a work project.
Well hopefully we can calm things down here as the original post was a good one.

I, personally, wouldn't make a critique of someone's grammar or spelling or writing style unless specifically asked to do so. That's especially true when you're seeing posts from people who are not native English speakers. But to my mind, suggesting paragraphs isn't the same thing.

I'm waiting for cataract surgery so when looking at large blocks of text, everything goes fuzzy. I need a new prescription for my glasses but they advise waiting until after the surgery as I may need two pair, one for my near-sightedness and another for reading. That can't be determined until after the operation.

It actually took quite a bit of effort for me to read that post. I imagine I'm not the only middle-aged guy around here and likely not the only one who finds large blocks of text a challenge. So again, there was no insinuation there was anything wrong with the original text or the OP, you in this case. It was more of a plea from the old guy with bad eyes.
Old 23-Jan-17, 03:35
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated G [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Guys, I personally would appreciate it if all future posts were done only in haiku.
Or Esperanto. Or Both.
The Following User Says Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post: