Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Videos

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 04-Jan-18, 04:07
Points: 1,625, Level: 16 Points: 1,625, Level: 16 Points: 1,625, Level: 16
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Collection of historic Cinematic moments

It won't play.
Old 04-Jan-18, 06:03
Points: 20,043, Level: 61 Points: 20,043, Level: 61 Points: 20,043, Level: 61
Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8% Activity: 23.8%
Last Achievements

I know you have already mentioned Faster, Pussycat: Kill! Kill! But I wonder if I can convey just how powerful an experience it was in 1965.

First of all, you had to watch it in a theater. There was no other option. And it played in theaters with reputations for catering to men in raincoats, probably in a seedy part of town.

You couldn’t just pick the scene you wanted to watch. You had to watch the actual movie. And you couldn’t replay the crucial scenes.

And, let me tell you, there was NOTHING like this before. So dark, so violent, with that bodaciously busty babe in tight leather and cleavage who basically went around beating up guys for fun. Sadistic fun, not playful fun. In long fights. All set to bare midriffs and jiggling anatomies and blaring music, out in a godforsaken, mysterious, remote part of the country.

No, Tura Satana did not really know martial arts. But, really, the emphasis in the fights wasn’t on skill, just on some sort of toughness. And, anyway, there were no Cynthia Rothrocks in those days, and we didn’t know what was going on in Asian movies.

And, sure, it was what used to be called a B movie. But most things on this thread are in that category. At any rate, Russ Meyer knew how to do B movies. I can tell you this: After watching that movie in that creepy theater in that creepy part of town, in fact, watching it twice, plus whatever else was on the bill -- having seen, among other things, a whole new take on one of the sexes -- I came out of that theater literally shaky. At 19, and not having had the exposure to the outside world that kids came to have later, I was wondering if there was something about women I hadn't be told.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cashley216 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Jan-18, 07:20
Producer
Points: 10,078, Level: 43 Points: 10,078, Level: 43 Points: 10,078, Level: 43
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,124 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashley216 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
And, sure, it was what used to be called a B movie. But most things on this thread are in that category. At any rate, Russ Meyer knew how to do B movies. I can tell you this: After watching that movie in that creepy theater in that creepy part of town, in fact, watching it twice, plus whatever else was on the bill -- having seen, among other things, a whole new take on one of the sexes -- I came out of that theater literally shaky. At 19, and not having had the exposure to the outside world that kids came to have later, I was wondering if there was something about women I hadn't be told.
So true. Disturbing experiences in early ages. Isn´t it all about having no or wrong clue about the woman when growing up?

Nice to read about how this affected you, and even though my experiences started on TV in comfortable home, I can imagine well how this seedy surrounding atmosphere must have cumulative effects on that particular Russ Meyer pictures.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alias702212 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-Nov-23, 12:42
Points: 5,982, Level: 32 Points: 5,982, Level: 32 Points: 5,982, Level: 32
Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3% Activity: 33.3%
Last Achievements

Found this thread looking for something else, and I think that any list of historic moments should include the 1974 POLICEWOMEN. The best scene is at the end but the closest I find on Youtube is a truncated section of Sondra Currie beating down Big Bill Smith.

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashley216 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I know you have already mentioned Faster, Pussycat: Kill! Kill! But I wonder if I can convey just how powerful an experience it was in 1965.

First of all, you had to watch it in a theater. There was no other option. And it played in theaters with reputations for catering to men in raincoats, probably in a seedy part of town.

You couldn’t just pick the scene you wanted to watch. You had to watch the actual movie. And you couldn’t replay the crucial scenes.

And, let me tell you, there was NOTHING like this before. So dark, so violent, with that bodaciously busty babe in tight leather and cleavage who basically went around beating up guys for fun. Sadistic fun, not playful fun. In long fights. All set to bare midriffs and jiggling anatomies and blaring music, out in a godforsaken, mysterious, remote part of the country.

No, Tura Satana did not really know martial arts. But, really, the emphasis in the fights wasn’t on skill, just on some sort of toughness. And, anyway, there were no Cynthia Rothrocks in those days, and we didn’t know what was going on in Asian movies.

Great to hear a reminiscence about seeing FPKK in the day. I think the usual audience must not have had a clue how to process the flick because Meyer claimed it didn't do good business. And this despite the fact that a lot of sexploitation films back then did play to masochistic fantasies about women dominating men, albeit not usually with karate, but with weapons or hypnotism or other devices.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Dune For This Useful Post:
Old 03-Nov-23, 17:55
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

Quote:

No, Tura Satana did not really know martial arts.
That's interesting. She claims she did in this interview.
and here:

Last edited by stymie; 03-Nov-23 at 18:13.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Feb-24, 09:49
hassanchop
This message has been deleted by hassanchop.