Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Community > General Discussion [Off-Topic]

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 28-Apr-18, 20:58
Points: 2,914, Level: 22 Points: 2,914, Level: 22 Points: 2,914, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default WWE's "Greatest" mistake?

I was wondering, how many of you have not planned to watch the WWE "Greatest Royal Rumble?" I will not watch a wrestling event that does not allow its female talent to wrestle. A wrestling event to me, that excludes women, is not the "Greatest" in my opinion. I think it is more disrespectful to not let the female wrestlers compete than to have them compete due to the cultural differences of the Saudis. I know in many middle eastern countries that women are covered up with clothing, made subservient to men. Even though this way is different than the United States view of women, I feel there could have been a compromise. Maybe have the arena enclosed, allowing the public to choose if they wanted to see the women in the event instead of promoters and even governments deciding for them. I am not disrespecting the Saudi ways or culture, I just feel the situation could have been possibly handled differently or better. What does everyone think?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ropework For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Apr-18, 06:28
Banned
Points: 939, Level: 11 Points: 939, Level: 11 Points: 939, Level: 11
Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0%

Default Re: WWE's "Greatest" mistake?

You really don't know how fucking scary the Wahhabists are. These guys kill people when they don't get their way. The Saudi royal family are scared of the Wahhabists, and it doesn't seem like that will change any time soon.

I really want to know why the WWE decided to have the Royal Rumble in Saudi Arabia at all. Like...having it on the moon is a more logical place.
Old 29-Apr-18, 14:44
Points: 57,579, Level: 100 Points: 57,579, Level: 100 Points: 57,579, Level: 100
Activity: 90.5% Activity: 90.5% Activity: 90.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,749 Times in 1,916 Posts

When in Rome, do as the Roman's do.

As for why, most likely a rich Saudi wanted an event there and threw enough money at Vince to make it happen.
The Following User Says Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Apr-18, 15:09
Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95 Points: 47,294, Level: 95
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,424 Times in 784 Posts

I can't get offended at everything. Yeah you're probably right they are scum for how they treat women...but if someone offered me as much money as I'm sure they offered Vince, it would be really tough to turn down.

Also, very little (as expected) happened. I think there was only one title "change." And that was the tag team titles that were vacant.
Old 29-Apr-18, 15:18
Points: 36,935, Level: 84 Points: 36,935, Level: 84 Points: 36,935, Level: 84
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 3,550 Times in 540 Posts

Money, like it was to give Jinder Mahal the world championship, they were launching the WWE Network in India so to get them all on board they gave an Indian the world title. It's a business I get that, but to not allow women to compete after all the promotion they've done for the female wrestlers, it's a bit of a piss take really.
The Following User Says Thank You to garytheanimal For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Apr-18, 16:22
Banned
Points: 30,653, Level: 76 Points: 30,653, Level: 76 Points: 30,653, Level: 76
Activity: 81.5% Activity: 81.5% Activity: 81.5%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 7,764 Times in 963 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrygrappler the second [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You really don't know how fucking scary the Wahhabists are. These guys kill people when they don't get their way. The Saudi royal family are scared of the Wahhabists, and it doesn't seem like that will change any time soon.

I really want to know why the WWE decided to have the Royal Rumble in Saudi Arabia at all. Like...having it on the moon is a more logical place.
Saudi Arabia has been financiating jihadist and wahhabists groups for years, just like in Syria, with the help of the U.S and other countries, it's not like anything new. The Family have their hand on this work.
But well, I won't enter in politics much more... However, this could be expected by the place, in this world, money rules everything... and certainly, the amount of money given to Vince was high enough to forget anything about the cultureof the Saudis.
Old 29-Apr-18, 16:38
Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by furrygrappler the second [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Like everyone is saying, MONEY! Miilions and millions of dollahs!!

But the breaking point for me was when the Saudi government apologized about the “scantily clad” women in the promo package that WWE ran on the Titantron. Said it wouldn’t happen again. This on top of banning Sami Zayn because he’s Syrian, not allowing Renee Young to host, and of course not allowing women performers at all.

Don’t care what they’re getting paid, WWE should back out of this deal. The negative pub will be bad. You can’t change a culture by enabling it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rated G For This Useful Post:
Old 29-Apr-18, 17:48
Points: 4,184, Level: 27 Points: 4,184, Level: 27 Points: 4,184, Level: 27
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

I haven't watched WWE in over a decade.

But when I was younger I ate, drank and sleep pro wrestling In the 80s, 90s and the Monday Night Wars era.

IMO, the lack of serious competition (WWE being the sole monopoly), the internet (every one knows what's going on and what's going to happen) and political correctness (don't even get me started) have ruined professional wrestling forever.
Old 29-Apr-18, 18:12
Banned
Points: 939, Level: 11 Points: 939, Level: 11 Points: 939, Level: 11
Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0% Activity: 25.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated G [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Like everyone is saying, MONEY! Miilions and millions of dollahs!!

But the breaking point for me was when the Saudi government apologized about the “scantily clad” women in the promo package that WWE ran on the Titantron. Said it wouldn’t happen again. This on top of banning Sami Zayn because he’s Syrian, not allowing Renee Young to host, and of course not allowing women performers at all.

Don’t care what they’re getting paid, WWE should back out of this deal. The negative pub will be bad. You can’t change a culture by enabling it.
Yes, I know it is about money; I'm not an idiot.

However, I find it very hard to believe that Saudi freaking Arabia would be the most ideal place monetarily.
Old 29-Apr-18, 18:55
Points: 66,180, Level: 100 Points: 66,180, Level: 100 Points: 66,180, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Thanked 20,714 Times in 964 Posts

More than just Saudi Arabia, WWE hopes to build a market in the whole Middle East region (like a lot of other sports).
And they think compromises like this whill help, but at the end contracts are the only thing what counts here.