Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Pictures

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 05-Sep-18, 18:29
Points: 16,026, Level: 55 Points: 16,026, Level: 55 Points: 16,026, Level: 55
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,878 Times in 404 Posts
Default Re: Old DWW pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
If strength was the primary factor in winning, Royce Gracie would not have won the early UFCs against stronger experts in fighting arts.

Smaller wrestlers can force stronger people to surrender by focusing force on weak areas of the bigger person's body.

Wrestling/jiu-jitsu is about putting oneself in position to execute a submission technique.
That is very true, but there comes a point when the difference in strength and size is so great that the big guy has to be completely clueless and the gal has to be an olympic athlete.

As I said, my personal experience show me this. I probably have wrestled 1% of the time that session wrestlers have wrestled and even the best could not get a winning average. I didn't have great wrestling skills, but the skills I had were good. That was enough to negate any skills advantage that session wrestlers had.

A good competitive matchup from DWW were the mixed series against a fellow named Michal. He was smaller than Arnold yet muscular. The differences between him and the girls was smaller and the girls could legitimately score wins over him even though he was stronger. He just wasn't a brute like Arnold.
Old 05-Sep-18, 18:41
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxboxer [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That is very true, but there comes a point when the difference in strength and size is so great that the big guy has to be completely clueless and the gal has to be an olympic athlete.

As I said, my personal experience show me this. I probably have wrestled 1% of the time that session wrestlers have wrestled and even the best could not get a winning average. I didn't have great wrestling skills, but the skills I had were good. That was enough to negate any skills advantage that session wrestlers had.

A good competitive matchup from DWW were the mixed series against a fellow named Michal. He was smaller than Arnold yet muscular. The differences between him and the girls was smaller and the girls could legitimately score wins over him even though he was stronger. He just wasn't a brute like Arnold.

In the competitive vids I've seen of Arnold, he lost all the time.

Tiffany beat him 3-2 and Laila beat him 4-1.

He generally was clueless about the need to use his hips to get favorable position.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Sep-18, 19:57
Points: 5,169, Level: 30 Points: 5,169, Level: 30 Points: 5,169, Level: 30
Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8% Activity: 4.8%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
In the competitive vids I've seen of Arnold, he lost all the time.

Tiffany beat him 3-2 and Laila beat him 4-1.

He generally was clueless about the need to use his hips to get favorable position.
Arnold even lost his 2 vs 1 match vs Edita & Antonia. I still remember them scoring one pin with Antonia holding his arms and Edita using a very rare Crotch smother pin. I was surprised to see that in a dww mixed because his face was basically buried in between her thighs I guess that was his most competitive encounter in DWW

Last edited by kokowawa; 05-Sep-18 at 19:58. Reason: addition
Old 05-Sep-18, 20:06
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokowawa [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Arnold even lost his 2 vs 1 match vs Edita & Antonia. I still remember them scoring one pin with Antonia holding his arms and Edita using a very rare Crotch smother pin. I was surprised to see that in a dww mixed because his face was basically buried in between her thighs I guess that was his most competitive encounter in DWW

Arnold may have been a decent weightlifter/bodybuilder.

But the DWW girls seemed to have a much better intuitive understanding of getting the right positions to win wrestling matches.
Old 08-Sep-18, 15:32
Last Achievements

Quote:
Arnold may have been a decent weightlifter/bodybuilder.

But the DWW girls seemed to have a much better intuitive understanding of getting the right positions to win wrestling matches.
exactly! she just kept positioning herself higher and higher up to the point that her crotch totally pinned his face. As a result, antonia was able to easily control his other arm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hELUTD-E1zE.jpg (52.0 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg 01v4QJFKqGg.jpg (53.8 KB, 265 views)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kokowawa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Sep-18, 16:54
ClckwrkOra
This message has been deleted by ClckwrkOra. Reason: Images won't show
Old 08-Sep-18, 16:57
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokowawa [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
exactly! she just kept positioning herself higher and higher up to the point that her crotch totally pinned his face. As a result, antonia was able to easily control his other arm.

Escaping the schoolgirl pin involves raising your hips toward the ceiling, making your body a half-circle that your opponent slides off of.

DWW women seem to get that.

Guys instead try to sit up, which either gets them counted out or submitted.
The Following User Says Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 09-Sep-18, 11:54
Last Achievements

Quote:
Escaping the schoolgirl pin involves raising your hips toward the ceiling, making your body a half-circle that your opponent slides off of.

DWW women seem to get that.

Guys instead try to sit up, which either gets them counted out or submitted.
yeah. just take a look at the photos. Edith ended up very high on his face because no matter how he tried to raise, she positioned herself higher and covered his upper body and face for better control while antonia controlled the lower segment! I've been in a schoolgirl pin situation. If the girl knows what she is doing, it can be very hard to escape

Last edited by kokowawa; 09-Sep-18 at 11:55. Reason: addition
Old 09-Sep-18, 12:00
Last Achievements

Quote:
yeah. just take a look at the photos. Edith ended up very high on his face because no matter how he tried to raise, she positioned herself higher and covered his upper body and face for better control while antonia controlled the lower segment! I've been in a schoolgirl pin situation. If the girl knows what she is doing, it can be very hard to escape

A wrestling bridge will get you out of a schoolgirl pin fairly quickly and easily.

The DWW guys usually don't use the right bridging technique.
Old 09-Sep-18, 12:07
Last Achievements

Quote:
A wrestling bridge will get you out of a schoolgirl pin fairly quickly and easily.

The DWW guys usually don't use the right bridging technique.
you are right. They lacked some experience but in 2 vs 1 situation like that, Edita ended up settling on his face
Old 09-Sep-18, 16:22
Last Achievements

Quote:
you are right. They lacked some experience but in 2 vs 1 situation like that, Edita ended up settling on his face

Though most DWW wrestlers had no formal training, women as a group were better at bridging out of trouble than males.

If a woman and male were lying side-by-side on the mat, the woman generally moved her hips to get on top, while the guy usually would just lie there.

Position before submission: Girls understood that, guys didn't.

Tags
lenny