Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Old 20-Jun-17, 00:53
Points: 10,097, Level: 43 Points: 10,097, Level: 43 Points: 10,097, Level: 43
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Interesting comment from a female boxer about sparring men

what do you do when encountering a man who will not practice/spar with you or any woman, using unwelcome body to body contact rules to get out of it? I have known several who have. and of the men who lost to you and feeling humiliated left and never
returned from loss of self esteem, among other reasons

we all of boys who will not compete against wrestling girls rather that face the chance humiliation of losing. and when some have, ran out of the competition crying never to return to the sport. some never return to school not wanting to look into the eyes of anyone knowing they lost to a girl.
Old 20-Jun-17, 01:24
Banned
Points: 30,653, Level: 76 Points: 30,653, Level: 76 Points: 30,653, Level: 76
Activity: 81.5% Activity: 81.5% Activity: 81.5%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 7,765 Times in 963 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by commander [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
what do you do when encountering a man who will not practice/spar with you or any woman, using unwelcome body to body contact rules to get out of it? I have known several who have. and of the men who lost to you and feeling humiliated left and never
returned from loss of self esteem, among other reasons

we all of boys who will not compete against wrestling girls rather that face the chance humiliation of losing. and when some have, ran out of the competition crying never to return to the sport. some never return to school not wanting to look into the eyes of anyone knowing they lost to a girl.
Well, in few cases even if he goes out of some place he'll be recognized yet. For example, the case of Wyatt Sellers who lost against Amanda Leve and other few ones that went viral.
Old 20-Jun-17, 08:58
Points: 97,714, Level: 100 Points: 97,714, Level: 100 Points: 97,714, Level: 100
Activity: 47.6% Activity: 47.6% Activity: 47.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,109 Times in 4,078 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by al89 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
There's also a story about the UFC fighter Paige van Zant supposedly going into an all out sparring war with some 15 year old Thai fighter and she ended up ground and pounding him into a bloody mess. I don't remember the details but Urijah Faber mentioned it once. The reason why they went so hard was because the Thai fighter didn't want to lose to a girl.
Video of him talking about it here:

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

So at least her head was in the right place. But Faber’s buy-in wasn’t all there until one particular day of sparring at then gym.

“She got into a heated fistfight with a kid that we had on the team,” he said. “He was a little Brazilian kid; he was just right about to be 13 or 14, and he was a stud kickboxer. And those two went at it, like a war. He pissed her off, and she pissed him off, and next thing I know, she’s dropping knees on his head, and we had to break it up.

“I’m like, alright, this girl’s here to play.”
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Jun-17, 08:00
Points: 452,009, Level: 100 Points: 452,009, Level: 100 Points: 452,009, Level: 100
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 45,516 Times in 4,307 Posts

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Claressa Shields speaks about beating up male boxers in sparring
15 nov. 2016

Claressa Shields talks about her outings with male boxers in sparring.

------------

Interesting interviews about this topic. First with a male coach and then with Claressa.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deepkick For This Useful Post:
Old 23-Jun-17, 19:34
Producer
Points: 27,544, Level: 72 Points: 27,544, Level: 72 Points: 27,544, Level: 72
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,450 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by al89 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
"RED X sorry son. I've never been k.o'd because I do what I'm supposed to in the ring. can't relate. but I will say this, all guys don't take it easy especially if they have a big ego and aren't interested in being embarrassed. by the way, not all females try to show up guys. a lot of the time guys are going too easy and aren't helping by doing such. females who box are typically much more vicious. we need that kind of intensity. female boxers don't pitty pat these days."
That looks like a comment that was written by a guy.

Quote:
There's also a story about the UFC fighter Paige van Zant supposedly going into an all out sparring war with some 15 year old Thai fighter and she ended up ground and pounding him into a bloody mess.
That definitely smells fishy. Paige van Zant can't fight for shit.