Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 04-Nov-16, 02:12
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,828 Posts
Default Re: Top 10 Peeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hmmm... I made a poll for website visitors in February, this year, and the overwhelming majority of 191 voters as of now have indicated that they want better quality over smaller file size. Here's a screenshot.

If you are buying so many videos that you need more than 1 hard drive to store them on these days you may have other problems. I have a fast connection but I realize others might not, as long as it takes less time for most people to download a clip than it does to watch it I think that's fine. 720P (not over-compressed) is usually ok, but I really appreciate the detail of a higher res clip when I've previously met the lady for a session.
I also can't stand the overactors, obviously. If it's a script, having exactly the same reaction to everything that happens is bad scripting. People aren't robots and we know there isn't an athlete who can do anything with full intensity for 10 straight minutes. All the carrying on reminds me of umpires at sports matches, who the fans haven't come to see. I'm not sure why the ladies don't demand the guys shut up, not all of them are good at trash talk but the ones who are can use videos to build their rep for that.
Old 04-Nov-16, 02:16
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,335 Times in 1,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LicensetoKill [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I don't like body scissors around the hips, which obviously don't hurt much and the guy is acting like it's a painful hold.
So true, when most of the models are 120 pounds. There's nothing wrong with that, we all get that content must be churned and most women are that size, but faking with a hold like that is just unnecessary and distracting.
Old 04-Nov-16, 05:10
Producer
Points: 45,935, Level: 94 Points: 45,935, Level: 94 Points: 45,935, Level: 94
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,385 Times in 1,604 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootPower [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
One-Handed POV Boxing - To be honest, I'm still not entirely sold on POV style videos anyway. In principle, I like the idea of them. But so far, I've yet to see any especially good ones. Ring Divas have done a few but most (all?) of their POV vids have been wrestling themed, which isn't really suited to POV action. At least, not when you're looking at the POV of the aggressor. Strikes are fine, but holds, slams, any of that sort of stuff doesn't translate especially well when you're only seeing it from one angle. Having said all that, RD's videos do at least have the right equipment (presumably a head-mounted camera) so the action does at least show the dominant wrestler using both arms! For a number of producers though, that isn't the case.

HTM and FWR have each produced a number of maledom boxing vids in this style, and but both suffer from the same problem. The guy who's view we're seeing is clearly holding the camera in one hand! As a result of this, the video becomes a somewhat farcical display of one-handed boxing where the guy only ever punches with one glove/hand and it ends up looking more than a bit silly. Sure, you could perhaps work it into the video and say the guy is so confident that he can beat his opponent with one hand behind his back. But even that would only work once or twice and, to the best of my knowledge, it's never really acknowledged at all in any of these videos.

Assuming these videos are customs are said customers are happy, then fair enough. But as far as watching them as videos in their own right goes, it's just very frustrating to see a potentially good concept fail through poor execution.
I personally can't stand the fish-eye effect and generally poor audio that head mounted cameras offer. That's why 2 POVs shot in 2011 with GoPros have never been released. Attempting to fix it in post ends up cropping a portion of the video and making it blurry.

We also recently shot 2 POVs with Lauren Phillips using different methods to get 2 gloves in the video using a standard camera and maybe all of three people commented/noticed the change.
Old 24-Jul-17, 11:32
Administrator
Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100 Points: 864,862, Level: 100
Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9% Activity: 61.9%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,688 Times in 9,926 Posts

Monday bump
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 24-Jul-17, 12:27
Points: 12,984, Level: 49 Points: 12,984, Level: 49 Points: 12,984, Level: 49
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,703 Times in 116 Posts

1.Video being sold as competitive while it's 100% fake

2.Male jobber being too big

3.Male jobber overreacting and drawing all attention to himself

4.Male jobber tapping too fast/too easily = no flow, no actual wrestling, just application of some holds.

5.No personality. That is, camera switching off right after the submission, so we never get to see the girl's face, her natural reactions etc. During this time is when we get to see tiny bits of what this girl is all about, except of werstling.

6.Woman who is not into what she's doing but does it because she was told to (and beacause she will get paid)

7.Bad camera work (too distant, too close, focusing on the male etc)

8.Male winning (I hate to say this but I had to)

9.Particularly strong and skilled females against particualrly weak males

10.Seeing the same old faces after so many years (do I really need to mention names ?)

Last edited by Njordin; 24-Jul-17 at 17:29.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Njordin For This Useful Post:
Old 24-Jul-17, 22:35
Points: 4,547, Level: 28 Points: 4,547, Level: 28 Points: 4,547, Level: 28
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Here's some of mine:
1. Male model overacting
2. Models with huge skin blemishes
3. Cameraman yelling instructions in the background
4. Shooting video in an echo chamber (bad sound)
5. Models grimacing through bad teeth
6. Female model cursing like a truck driver
7. Jerky camera motion
8. Video too dark/shadowy
9. Female model leering at the camera
10. Models continually adjusting clothes, esp. pulling pants up
Old 24-Jul-17, 22:40
Points: 22,110, Level: 64 Points: 22,110, Level: 64 Points: 22,110, Level: 64
Activity: 28.6% Activity: 28.6% Activity: 28.6%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,015 Times in 624 Posts

Nowt worse than a large crowd of people baying and heckling to the point where the microphone actually distorts. Should be no sounds besides the competitors once the action starts.
Old 24-Jul-17, 23:00
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

I'm generally not interested in a lot of yapping during a match, but I'm forever baffled by all the videos full of talk-talk-talk-talk and the sound quality is so bad you can barely make out one or two words spoken! "I mufufufufufu...Well you fufufufufufufu......"
If the dialogue is important enough to the producers to let it interrupt and interfere with the actual action, you'd think they'd at least use subtitles!
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 25-Jul-17, 11:35
Points: 5,186, Level: 30 Points: 5,186, Level: 30 Points: 5,186, Level: 30
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Anything with that loud fat old guy who never shuts up in his heavily scripted vids. You know who I mean
Old 08-Aug-17, 21:51
JohnODubhghaill

One peeve for me is session girls being too complimentary to me and unconfident in themselves.

A lot of girls say things like "you're big, I'll never beat you competitively" when they first see me. Or when they do beat me, a lot say "I know you're not trying" which is another turn off. Or when they say "you're strong" in the middle of a struggle.

I much prefer it when girls are confident in themselves.

Edit: these are more turn-offs than peeves. They don't make me annoyed. They just make me wish the girl was more confident.

Last edited by JohnODubhghaill; 08-Aug-17 at 22:01. Reason: Didn't understand the word "peeve"!