Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 20-Jan-19, 11:51
Points: 57,559, Level: 100 Points: 57,559, Level: 100 Points: 57,559, Level: 100
Activity: 85.7% Activity: 85.7% Activity: 85.7%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,746 Times in 1,915 Posts
Default Re: Paige Vanzant

Paige Vanzant has defeated Rachael Ostovich.

Ostovich appeared to be in control of much of the fight, scoring takedowns and controlling from the top position. She also landed a good overhand right that lead to one of the takedowns. Vanzant was always looking rally though, she's squirrelly and good scrambles. She snared Rachael's foot and threatened with an ankle lock but the Hawaiian got out of trouble and most likely won the first round.

In round 2, PVZ got Rachael's back and landed some hard ground and pound. She then went for the arm. Ostovich did well to defend and appeared to be almost out of danger but was forced to tap from an odd belly-down armbar position.

It was rather a poor quality fight though from two girls who really don't have elite skills. It was akin to watching children fight.
The Following User Says Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Jan-19, 18:18
Points: 1,146,998, Level: 100 Points: 1,146,998, Level: 100 Points: 1,146,998, Level: 100
Activity: 81.0% Activity: 81.0% Activity: 81.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 153,790 Times in 13,793 Posts

Old 21-Jan-19, 00:45
Producer
Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72 Points: 27,496, Level: 72
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,447 Times in 1,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It was rather a poor quality fight though from two girls who really don't have elite skills. It was akin to watching children fight.
I'm not at all surprised to read that. I still thought the other girl would win. And it cost me $200. lol
Old 01-Feb-19, 02:01
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-Feb-19, 00:07
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Humboldt County native uses platform to talk about breast implants, transgender athletes

Kortney Olson, the CEO of Grrrl, is vocal about her problems with breast implants. She had her implants removed last week. (Kortney Olson — Contributed)
By Ruth Schneider | rschneider@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]es-standard.com | Eureka Times-Standard
PUBLISHED: February 8, 2019 at 7:15 pm | UPDATED: February 8, 2019 at 7:15 pm

Humboldt County native Kortney Olson feels like a weight has been removed from her chest.

Literally.

The St. Bernard’s graduate, who is known internationally for her ability to obliterate watermelons with her thighs and who is gaining attention for her approach to selling women’s fitness clothing, underwent a procedure to remove breast implants last week at a facility in Chico.

“In my experience, as soon as I woke up and had these out, I felt lighter. I didn’t have that foreign feeling on their body,” she said earlier this week. “… It was super amazing.”

She said she was encouraged to get the implants to help her achieve what in the bodybuilding world is referred to as an “X physique.” But it was something that for many years repelled her.

“I had been opposed to (implants) my whole life really,” Olson said. “Being in the bodybuilding world, whenever (some women) competed they looked like they were almost bolted onto their bodies. … I always kind of stayed away from it.”

But at a time when she was spending a lot of time working out, including competitive jiu jitsu, she said she felt more masculine. In an attempt to feel more feminine, she decided to get the implants.

But then there were complications.

“(The implants were) textured, which helps the muscle adhere to the implant,” she said. “Apparently, what I was told is I had seromas in both of my breasts from the implant being textured. The body kept trying to fight it. Over the years, I have had to get my right one drained. Every three to six months, it would fill up with fluid.”

She was also diagnosed with Grave’s disease in 2017 — something she is uncertain is associated with the implants. But there are other similar diagnoses in women who have undergone breast augmentation.

Olson’s experience is propelling her to be outspoken about her situations. She documented her experience on her personal Instagram account, sharing the story with her 173,000 followers.

And she wants other women to know there are risks.

“Had I heard my story prior to deciding to have breast augmentation, I wouldn’t have done it,” she said. “It’s the same thing I say when I talk about drug use. Had I heard my story when I was a senior in high school at St. Bernard’s, I probably wouldn’t have picked up drugs. I think it’s very important that people talk about this. A lot of women don’t.”

As the CEO of Grrrl, an apparel line aimed at empowering women, Olson focuses on body positive messaging and inclusiveness.

And the company, which has over 100,000 followers on Instagram, has recently taken a stand on events being inclusive for transgender athletes.

Olson said it was a Netflix special with Katie Couric that drew her attention to the issue.

“It really opened my eyes in regard to what life is like being a transgender person,” she said. “It was quite shocking.”

She said she struggles to find balance through her company. And she has fielded questions from people about who Grrrl caters and sells to as customers.

“As a brand and a company, we absolutely support trans athletes,” she said. “I get questioned frequently about whether I support trans women: ‘Can we buy your clothing?’ Of course you can. If you identify as a woman, then you are in.”

She said in one of the last jiu jitsu competitions Olson was in, she grappled with a transgender athlete, something she found out after the fight. She said if she had known ahead of time, it might have altered her mindset.

Olson believes strongly that beliefs play a role in outcomes. And she quotes Henry Ford to back it up.

“‘Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right,'” she said.

For Olson, the path forward is about doing the right thing, whether it’s asking women who consider breast implants to be well informed about the risks or to support transgender athletes in the competitive stage.

“We’re going to be here and support you and make sure everybody is out here for the right reasons,” she said.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Mar-19, 09:53
Last Achievements

Default Flyweight VanZant says she broke arm again

Flyweight VanZant says she broke arm again

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 02-Mar-19, 10:19
Moderator [D]
Points: 38,244, Level: 85 Points: 38,244, Level: 85 Points: 38,244, Level: 85
Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,503 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
For me she stays still sexy! See at Antscha! For me one of the most sexy girl in the Session circus! And she has no more Boops as KO at the moment!

It's the personality that makes a girl sexy!
Old 03-Mar-19, 06:47
Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43 Points: 10,043, Level: 43
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Flyweight VanZant says she broke arm again

Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Flyweight VanZant says she broke arm again

Paige needs to retire from the octagon and settle in to coaching, training or modelling. Her bones are too brittle and she's too courageous for her own good.
Old 09-May-19, 03:34
Last Achievements

SI 2019 SWIMSUIT EDITION
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-May-19, 05:50
Last Achievements

Paige VanZant - Intimates, SI Swimsuit 2019

18 MB | 00:00:38 | 1920x1080 | ts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PvZinsi19.TS_thumbs_[2019.05.11_00.46.13].jpg (175.0 KB, 37 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:

Tags
mma, paige vanzant, wmma