Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Old 08-Jan-16, 05:16
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 9,207 Times in 794 Posts
Default Re: Holly Holm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royh [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Well logic says that if Ronda defeated (decisively,twice) Tate and Holly defeated (by a landslide) Ronda - then Holly should have no problem with Tate. But we all know it doesn't work this way. holly prepared for Ronda like there is no tomorrow, and after she won- her preparation won't be as intensive and she won't be so ready mentally like when she faced Ronda. It happens to everyone in every sports. On the other hand, Tate sees the match with Holly as a golden opportunity to get the title and she will be fired up. So I think that Miesha has a tangible chance. Not 50% but definitely 30-40%. Also Dana knows that, and he is eager for that Rousey-Holm rematch, that's why I think he will put someone from the midcard against Holm. And ofcourse he will pray that there won't be another upset to ruin his plans for Holm-Rousey.
Tate will have had the opportunity to see the mistakes Rousey made and will likely be more aggressive in getting the fight to the ground, where she should have an advantage. Tate also shoots a lot, single and double legs, where that isn't part of Ronda's game. Holm will, of course, train for that and she will become an expert sprawler, but Tate could still catch her and take her down. I agree with you, I think she's got a chance. Tate defeating Holm is a fascinating scenario.
Old 08-Jan-16, 05:34
Points: 9,308, Level: 41 Points: 9,308, Level: 41 Points: 9,308, Level: 41
Last Achievements

Having Izzy Martinez as one of Holm's main trainers does not bode well for Tate having success with wrestling takedowns. Not saying it won't happen but Holly Holm has one hell of a MMA team to guide her.

Last edited by paul0415; 08-Jan-16 at 05:43. Reason: g
Old 08-Jan-16, 07:33
Points: 6,026, Level: 33 Points: 6,026, Level: 33 Points: 6,026, Level: 33
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksie [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Tate will have had the opportunity to see the mistakes Rousey made and will likely be more aggressive in getting the fight to the ground, where she should have an advantage. Tate also shoots a lot, single and double legs, where that isn't part of Ronda's game. Holm will, of course, train for that and she will become an expert sprawler, but Tate could still catch her and take her down. I agree with you, I think she's got a chance. Tate defeating Holm is a fascinating scenario.
I love this idea. Win or lose its great for the women's division, having two skilled fighters not named Rousey in a women's title fight. Rousey domination was getting a little stale. And Tate took Ronda the distance, and had that dynamite fight with cat zingano. It'd be ppv gold!
Old 08-Jan-16, 17:04
Points: 6,029, Level: 33 Points: 6,029, Level: 33 Points: 6,029, Level: 33
Last Achievements

Before Holly opened up my eyes, I was a Big Tate fan, however, I am rooting for Holly to beat Tate for one reason (and it might sound stupid) only.
When the rematch happens, it will only being fitting to see Ronda already in the cage waiting for the Champ to arrive!
Don't be surprised if the Holm Tate fight goes the distance. Tate will fight a much smarter fight than Rousey did which should extend the fight. She has a shot at winning this thing and than we will all get to see Rousey beat the crap out of her again because she is no match for Ronda's style of fighting.
I personally have no interest in seeing another Rousey Tate fight again.
Old 08-Jan-16, 17:37
Banned
Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100 Points: 59,088, Level: 100
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomesauce [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Before Holly opened up my eyes, I was a Big Tate fan, however, I am rooting for Holly to beat Tate for one reason (and it might sound stupid) only.
When the rematch happens, it will only being fitting to see Ronda already in the cage waiting for the Champ to arrive!
Don't be surprised if the Holm Tate fight goes the distance. Tate will fight a much smarter fight than Rousey did which should extend the fight. She has a shot at winning this thing and than we will all get to see Rousey beat the crap out of her again because she is no match for Ronda's style of fighting.
I personally have no interest in seeing another Rousey Tate fight again.
Tate winning is the most interesting scenario to me because it sets up a tough choice for the UFC. Would Ronda return to fight Tate? If she did and beat her again, then she, as champion, would have to give a rematch to Holm, the woman who beat her. Long shot...Tate beats them both. Anyway, finally some interesting times ahead for the division.
Old 08-Jan-16, 18:12
Administrator
Points: 869,140, Level: 100 Points: 869,140, Level: 100 Points: 869,140, Level: 100
Activity: 26.2% Activity: 26.2% Activity: 26.2%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 115,835 Times in 9,934 Posts

I think UFC made the right decision to give Holm an interim match or two while the situation with Ronda is being solved, to keep her active, which was also the preference of Holm and her camp. After all, there is also the possibility, although slim, that Holm vs Ronda II won't happen. But that's what it is, a match for Holm to keep her active AND in the spotlight, and there's nothing interesting about it to me, and I'm sure, to most wmma fans. There's no suspense, the outcome is easily predictable. I wish they picked a different fighter for Holm, preferably one that Ronda never faced and beat easily before. Would have been a little more interesting.
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] | [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to Naji For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Jan-16, 18:39
Points: 9,308, Level: 41 Points: 9,308, Level: 41 Points: 9,308, Level: 41
Last Achievements

The only viable challenger that Ronda has not already beaten is Amanda Nunes and there is no way the UFC will have her face either Holly or Ronda before the huge money making rematch is made. Big chance for an upset due to her punching power. She will be the first challenger after this is worked out.

Holm vs Tate is an interesting matchup. Tate is tough as hell, experienced, and does pose some wrestling problems for Holm that she has never experienced. I fully expect that Holm will solve those problems, but it is probably the best matchup for Holm from both a stylistic and promotional point of view.
Old 08-Jan-16, 19:15
Banned
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0415 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The only viable challenger that Ronda has not already beaten is Amanda Nunes and there is no way the UFC will have her face either Holly or Ronda before the huge money making rematch is made. Big chance for an upset due to her punching power. She will be the first challenger after this is worked out.

Holm vs Tate is an interesting matchup. Tate is tough as hell, experienced, and does pose some wrestling problems for Holm that she has never experienced. I fully expect that Holm will solve those problems, but it is probably the best matchup for Holm from both a stylistic and promotional point of view.
And, as the boys on MMA Beat pointed out this week, Holm got the title shot that had been promised to Tate, so there's some logic to having her be the first challenger. I'm looking forward to the fight. As you point out, Tate is tough and scrappy.
Old 08-Jan-16, 19:20
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,106 Posts

I have a hard time seeing Tate beat Holly. I love her and I'm totally rooting for her. I've had a crush on Meisha for as long as I've known about her. I like the way she does an interview and I've seen her play wrestle a couple guys and I think she's really cool. Holly is very nice and professional and I like her too but Meisha has that kind of hot edginess that I fall head over heals in love with. Ronda had that too, they both used their sexiness to sell the sport (both posed nude) and women's sport shouldn't need that cause it's not actually part of the sport, but it sure peaks my interest. I'd love to wrestle Meisha. (there's a youtube video of her wrestling/grappling with 4 guys). I also saw a video of her on a radio show putting a wrestling hold on a guy. She's be a natural at giving sessions if she wanted to.
The Following User Says Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Jan-16, 21:00
Points: 22,806, Level: 66 Points: 22,806, Level: 66 Points: 22,806, Level: 66
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,270 Times in 633 Posts

Remember how everybody (including yours truly) were CERTAIN that Holly Holm will have her arm ripped and tapping after 30 seconds. Miesha Tate is a formidable opponent and can cause trouble to Holly Holm. My prediction is Holly, but Miesha has a chance.

Tags
boxing, fighting, holly holm, kicking, mma, muscle