View Single Post
Old 26-Nov-20, 16:28
Points: 7,019, Level: 35 Points: 7,019, Level: 35 Points: 7,019, Level: 35
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,458 Times in 125 Posts
Default Re: Disappointed by most mixed wrestling videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsimmons [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I like IFW a lot. Among current producers, I think their videos are there with Fighting Dolls as the best. Couple of the English producers and some others will occasionally make some excellent films. But neither IFW nor FD (or any other that I am aware of) is 100% competitive. That’s not to say they don’t have competitive matches. I enjoyed Ambra’s close loss to Ezio in a recent film and thought that was genuinely competitive or very close to it. I know the event mixed matches at FD are real as well as many of their studio videos. I have spoken with their girls about them, and the guys win too much for them to be all scripted. But both those companies film some prearranged matches. For example, check out Andrea vs Luca. If you see her in person she’s really small, just shy of tiny. He’s like 6’4, 230 and built like The Incredible Hulk. If he tries, there’s no way in hell she wins that match. Also believe the Robi v Diego rematch, Caterina vs Iago, and some others are scripted. Doesn’t mean the videos aren’t great or that they don’t have some authentic mixed matches.
SOME SPOILERS AHEAD

SFD is fully scripted. Before SFD was created, IFW contained scripted or partially scripted material itself. The videos you cited were shot before the creation of SFD. Andrea vs Luca is semicompetitive at best, he just had to resist and not tap, but the outcome was pretty much predetermined (and it is implied in the description that it is not competitive). Caterina vs Iago is the same, only semicompetitive. Caterina was one of the most unexperienced girls of IFW and would have had very little chance.
Though the Diego series was labelled as competitive back then, I dpn't think it fully was. I can understand him, not being physically impressive nor trained, losing to Andrea, Robi or even Giorgia, but not to unexperienced girls like Angelica and Eva. The description of his match against Eva, in which he was "allowed to fight back" (which does not make it competitive anyway, as he could not attack first), implies in his previous matches he had pretty much to resist only (hence semicompetitive), at least against the weaker girls. I think Robi vs Diego rematch was not scripted and reasonably competitive.
The Alessandro and Ezio series are fully competitive. They are perceived as weak opponents, due to their diminutive frame and, in Ezio's case, advanced age. The Mattia series is competitive too and he wins most of his matches, being a superb heel.
Guys like Paolo and Fabio, IMHO, went there to be womanhandled . The ruleset was probably competitive, but they didn't put much effort. Mauro's matches are more competitive, but he has no luck it seems.
Even if the ruleset is competitive (same rules for both opponents) it does not mean the guy is going 100%. Aldo vs Venere is such an example. He was demolished, but did not fight back at all, and it is about his own character rather than the rules.
Lara vs Dante is IMHO the epitome of competitive mixed wrestling. He was in control all the match, still she scored a sneaky win. But you can't say he did hold back at all.
In my opinion IFW is the best producer around at the moment and it is close to old-time DWW.
The Following User Says Thank You to Walton For This Useful Post: