View Single Post
Old 23-Dec-20, 23:57
Producer
Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100 Points: 99,552, Level: 100
Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0% Activity: 19.0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 11,355 Times in 1,045 Posts
Default Re: Have any of you found wrestlers/fighters in your city’s BDSM communities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby87 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I actually have a partner now, and she mentioned an interest in checking some of the communities here when things start back up. Hell, I might even bring that up to event organizers and see if they will be interested in letting me run wrestling events.
Having a current partner who's down for "exhibition" play at community events is SO helpful. That's great to hear she's interested in checking some of the events.

If you can prove to the community organizers that you are safe and responsible, being able to run wrestling events, mini-events, or play areas could be handy! But, warning, it can be a lot of seemingly thankless work. Especially in the beginning. But that's much like any volunteer community organizing activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYork [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Surprisingly, it was easier before computers to find women to wrestle. The only way to get to know anyone was to actually meet in person at play events.
[...]
Obviously all the parties are on hold, but the wild ones in NY died out 15 or so years ago. I prefer the wild and crazy parties to the more tame and professional parties that go on in today's world (and I'm not just talking fetish).
I hate to be one of those "back in the day, it was better" people, but I have to knee-jerk agree with NewYork here. The adventurous BDSM / fetish party scene here in NYC has changed a lot over the last decade+ Things *seem* less wild, less "let's just go and see what happens," less "who will I meet tonight?" Several parties I have gone to in recent years have had pre-party vetting processes, bright lighting, people only being interested in interacting with the people they arrived with or already know.

I'm not going to go off on a theory-tangent on why this is, but I do notice it. Not sure if this is an NYC-specific thing, or if it is happening elsewhere too.

Anyway, back to wrestle-play:

It's also tough when parties and events do not have physical space for wrestling play. Granted, primal play is becoming more popular, which is great for wrestling -- it means there may be a better chance that mats could be available. But even if mats / floor space is not available, "wrestling" play can be done in a standing position, with upper body struggles: bearhugs, pummeling for position, hand fighting. I've done standing "bondage wrestling" at a dungeon where we didn't have any floor space.

Anyway, whew, it is frustrating to think of all of these things and all of these possibilities when we are still probably a long way away from being able to have open communities parties again. But I think it's a good thing to gear up with ideas and potential energy as we all bide our time
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiabloNYC For This Useful Post: