View Single Post
Old 14-Sep-20, 13:43
Points: 5,288, Level: 30 Points: 5,288, Level: 30 Points: 5,288, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: The Student Artist - should I continue?

Thank you for the kind words, David. If I could dig into one thing a little more:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwatts [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The idea of art for art's sake without any consideration of morals and ethics is extremely erotic and fascinating, especially in these times...
I'm curious about what you mean. I never wanted to make the girls politically-motivated in my stories. The core of the Ultimate Power series was that if you gave young women immense power, some would take advantage of it. This would be more due to all young people (men and women) being little horndogs around the 18-24 year old range. It's more about primal feelings than any sort of ideology. How that expresses in the reader's mind (wanting to dominate/be dominated, reversal of gender norms, etc) is up to them.

Added after 8 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixfightor [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I generally try to be positive and encouraging when I comment on people's stories, mate, because I have a deep respect for the time and effort that authors put into their works, and their generosity in giving the product of that work to us. For that same reason, I usually don't try to push my own preferences onto writers, because it saddens me when I read a story that somebody poured their heart and soul into, only to see a comment such as the ones to which CactusJuggler referred, pretty much demanding that it be altered to cater to the readers particular kink. Given that you are asking for feedback, though, I would have to say that the answer is yes. If murder and gore are less prevalent, it would help me to enjoy the story. Likewise, if the muscularity is less in-your-face I would probably be more inclined to like it. One of the reasons that I love stories so much is that you can often use your imagination to colour the characters and events to suit your own fantasies. I would still read your story even if it contained brutality and hyper-muscularity, but it might mean the difference between me skimming over the story to find some nugget of stimulating description, or my being fully immersed as I read it, hanging off every word.

There are things that I liked about your little sample. I don't want this to sound like I am overly critical. I like the suggestion that she is using her body to control and smother her opponent/victim, and I also enjoyed when she forced his head to the side and whispered in his ear to scream for their audience.

I can see the ambition of what you are trying to achieve and I really do wish you well. Thanks for allowing us a bit of insight into your creative process.
Mix, don't worry. I'm seeking feedback so don't think you need to water it down. This is not a primetime story that will be acted out on network television. It's an Amazon story that caters to a small subset of the population. As a potentially violent story, it caters to even a smaller niche. My goal isn't to make a mass market piece, but my ego does want me to have others at least read it.

For me, having a muscular girl take what they want is exciting. The purest form of that was the Amy's Conquest series, which DTM and I developed into a whole book of material. In that world, despite girls... well... flat out raping, the guys rarely get more than a few broken bones. There's no blood (at least none that I can remember) and no one dies. The Ultimate Power series removes those restrictions and tries to explore why a woman would even want to do that. To me, as I mentioned in another reply, it's something more primal.

That said, as I've mentioned before, it's not like I'm into blood and gore as a day-to-day staple. I can't even watch most horror movies. I think the series gives me a chance to push buttons in a taboo side of my brain - ones that don't need to be pushed often.

Last edited by Silentcrs; 14-Sep-20 at 13:43.
The Following User Says Thank You to Silentcrs For This Useful Post: