View Single Post
Old 25-Sep-17, 23:55
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts
Default Re: blood choke knockouts and safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by krell [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
You don't have to "squeeze bone flat" to cause damage. Compressing ANYTHING in the neck is risky business. A word to the wise....
To cause nerve damage inside the vertebrae you need to either break or crush the bone.

I don't object to a post that says there's danger in getting a hard head-scissor cause there is some danger, but a person's critical nerves aren't being compressed, which is what you wrote. These were your actual words:

Quote:
All the nerves in the body come down from the brain through the neck. Those critical nerves are also being compressed during a hard neck-scissor
Now, it's possible that sufficient twisting might cause nerve damage. A poster here (I forget his name), wrote about an experience he had when a stripper-lady got him in a brutal camel clutch and didn't let go for like 5-10 minutes and he had trouble walking after that and needed some physical therapy. I think that indicates some nerve damage, and he did make a full recovery after a couple months (it was a great story even if somewhat intense), so some nerve damage may be possible, but I think it's pretty unlikely. Some structural damage to the neck is possible - that happened to Bill Wick I gather. The chance of nerve damage from a head scissor should be quite small.
The Following User Says Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post: