View Single Post
Old 04-Oct-20, 22:00
Points: 25,474, Level: 69 Points: 25,474, Level: 69 Points: 25,474, Level: 69
Activity: 31.5% Activity: 31.5% Activity: 31.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,268 Times in 604 Posts
Default Re: Session rates are getting out of hand

I'm a little hesitant to continue posting here because for whatever reason this seems to be a rather hot button issue. For the record, my position here is not antithetical towards either the session wrestlers, or us, the customers. I'm more just interested in analyzing this from a business/financial standpoint. So I hope this post doesn't upset anyone...as I'm just speculating, not taking sides.

I'm curious about two things:

1. Why do session rates (at least in the US) stay virtually the same over time?
2. Why don't more session wrestlers advertise their prices, especially when their prices are cheaper than their competition?

I can't really see a scenario where those two things make sense. If the more-established girls can fill their entire calendar with $400 sessions, I would expect to see the less-established girls publicly advertise their comparatively cheaper rates. If both the more-established, and the less-established girls can fill their calendars with $400 sessions, then I'd expect to see to see the more-established girls raise their rates.

Instead, the prices seem relatively flat with little evidence of competition (that I can see, correct me if I'm wrong). It's as if the typical process is for a girl to hear from a friend that sessions exist and that men pay $300-$400. After that, she joins sessiongirls.com, add her pics, and takes whatever she can get (obviously I'm generalizing there, I'm sure there are exceptions).

This is pure speculation on my part and I have no direct evidence that this is true, but it's almost as if there's a "union" or some kind of internal pressure amongst session girls that discourages them from lowering prices or trying to undercut one another. You could maybe argue that the girls simply aren't willing to do sessions for less than $400, and that may be true, but I find it a little hard to believe that there aren't plenty of women who would take less than that. That is, after all, quite a bit of money. There might be a case to be made that offering cheap sessions would attract undesirable clients. But it seems doubtful that there's a significant population of scumbags who are still willing to pay $150-$200 to wrestle for a hour. That still seems like a very specialized interest that would more or less attract the same kind of people.

The only reason I'm attracted to this thread is because I know for myself at least, if sessions were like $150, I'd do like ten a year, thus putting over $1000 into the industry. But at $400, I'll be lucky to do one (doesn't make sense, but that's how it is ). Wouldn't we all love it if there was a day when getting a session was roughly the same level of investment as getting an expensive massage?!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InTheFlesh86 For This Useful Post: