View Single Post
Old 01-Feb-16, 07:40
Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58 Points: 17,771, Level: 58
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,052 Times in 710 Posts
Default Re: Can a male pro athlete beat a smaller, female pro MMA fighter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I wouldn't bet on the 215 pound NFL player. I recall a post of Veve Lane, where she states to have wrestled a big professional footballplayer and beat him. And Veve is "just" a brown belt as far as I know.
In fighting size and weight are important variables , but only when there is a base of skill. Stating that a NFL player would by default beat a woman is ignoring the skill factor, and years of training. It's like saying that someone is the best at playing the piano because he has beautiful hands.
I don't recall ever seeing that. @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] is this true?? You beat a NFL player in a competitive match?

But either way, a mma match is different from a wrestling match. A 135 pound female mma fighter, no matter how much more skilled she is, will be knocked out cold with one clean punch from a 215 pound man who is an elite athlete. In a wrestling match, the guy can't end the match by catching the woman with one move.