View Single Post
Old 23-Sep-22, 01:03
Points: 3,149, Level: 23 Points: 3,149, Level: 23 Points: 3,149, Level: 23
Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Mounting is superior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braddogg4345 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It is very effective. When my 115 pound wife mounts me, I can't get her off of me to save my life! It has come to the point where I try not to waste too much energy throwing her off of me, because I know I can't move her. After she mounts me, she attempts to slide her way up to my head where she can move to the armbar, the triangle choke, or a straight scissor hold. Most of my energy is exerted trying to prevent her from moving to my head. I can only prevent her getting my head for so long though, before I become exhausted. My only chance for escaping is when she tries to transition from the mount to one of her other holds.
Great point.
In two of the matches I posted the escape happened as the person on top tried to go for the armbar.
If they commit to holding the mount they can just keep holding the other there for long periods while threatening to take the back while countering escape attempts.

I rarely feel more helpless than when I get mounted and I am unable to escape.
I know that sooner or later I will get submitted.
The knowledge that they can take their time and the longer it goes on the more helpless and tired I get is a very humbling experience.

Added after 8 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anji [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Mount and Backtake has always being considered the most dominant positions, that is why it is awarded most points in BJJ competitions: Guard pass 3, points, knee on belly 2, sweep 2, Mount 4, Backtake 4.
Most have learned how to defend leg locks, specially heel hooks, so they are not as surprising as couple of years ago.
Backtake still the preferred position, here are the stats for most subs in ADCC 2022:
RNC (rear naked choke) 10% , Armbar 6%, Heel hook 6%.
Learning to take the back and RNC seems best.
The path to the mount and backmount also gives the most points.
When they desperately try to avoid getting submitted the clock runs out and they lose.

Ironic that tons of folks fall in love with excotic and risky subs while the fundamentals seem to work best.

Last edited by Wrestler11; 23-Sep-22 at 01:03.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wrestler11 For This Useful Post: