View Single Post
Old 22-Jul-19, 18:10
Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31 Points: 5,471, Level: 31
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: What happened to HerBiceps forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRunner [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Arcang 7 wrote in Comment #12: "...as evidenced by three people here being completely confused....." Yeah, that's a real "tidal wave" of opinion.

"...but it's patronizing to pretend this new site did the members any favors...." Maybe you speak just for yourself, Arcang7, OK? I was a paying member of Her Biceps since the early 2000s. I just renewed for a year, at a cheaper monthly rate than I was paying.

"Yeah, Mike did a real shitty job communicating with members for the past year...." Really? As I recall, there were a lot of complaints on the old Forums. I also recall that the large majority of those complaints came from maybe 9-10 people, some of whom claimed to be speaking "for everybody."

As a long time subscriber, I'm prepared to give the new site a chance to be successful. I say that realizing that I will miss some of the older content. But, I also realize that the old HB site was built on a late 1990s vintage platform originated by Diana the Valkyrie, whoever that is, in England.
Road Runner, this is not really about the new site, it’s more about the way the old one was cast aside. We should all be willing to see if the new site and grow and gestate into something nice, just like Fight Pulse has. I looked through a few of the free clips and Tr - - I mean Killer Crushes is right, there’s better free content now than on the old site. But make no mistake about, this is all about making more money. The intent is to lure more people into the VOD. So just say that! Don’t try to con people by pumping up marginal free improvements that may or may not last, just like it did on the old site. Just say that you’re repackaging the site to facilitate subscribers awareness, and drive more people to the paid content. People understand that.

But Road Runner, I ask you this. Were there any clips that you wish you downloaded and saved before the site blew up? Any pictures? Most of that stuff is gone. I don’t have much confidence that they’ll repackage much of it, they had a hard enough time just uploading the current inventory. There were yearly backlogs. And BTW, what they’re repackaging, you’re buying again. Maybe you downloaded everything; lots of members didn’t.

And there were a lot of posters on the message boards that lost the chance to make personal contacts so that they could communicate with each other on new forums. I’m trying to retrieve some of that contact info myself. I’m not that upset about the loss of the Message Board itself; it was obvious that Mike didn’t value the site feedback enough. I am mildly irritated that he didn’t take the time to thank his moderators for their efforts in keeping thing clean over the last decade, but so be it.

The bottom line is, an announcement of the site closing should have been made, and a closing date like say, July 31 should have been set. That would have given all members the opportunity to wrap up whatever investments they had with the old site. This whole process, really over the last year, was poorly handled.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rated G For This Useful Post: