View Single Post
Old 19-Nov-21, 20:32
Points: 14,099, Level: 51 Points: 14,099, Level: 51 Points: 14,099, Level: 51
Activity: 40.5% Activity: 40.5% Activity: 40.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,464 Times in 909 Posts
Default Re: Hot BJJ Blue Belt Belt Submitted NFL Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizyz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
May not be true.I don't see how even a female black belt submitting an NFL line backer.
I find it perfectly believable, she said it was a Toe Hold and even a small and weak person can manage to get an hold of the foot of a much larger, stronger and athletic person and twist it.
At that point you have the compound strenght of the attacker's whole body working against the very small and weak muscles and ligaments of the opponent's foot:

I'm a 130 lbs skinny guy and I tapped a 6'3 260 lbs explosive rugby player the exact same way.

Keep in mind novices are usually not aware of the threat so they are going to be caught by surpise and they will realize the danger when it's too late, nobody is going to think that standing on top of a little girl half your size is a dangerous position for you because she could put you in a footlock at any given moment.

Take a look at 6'4 250 lbs former UFC world heavyweight champion Ricco Rodriguez getting submitted with a sneaky leg lock from the bottom by small 5'7 155 lbs Marcelo Garcia and you will probably start to find less absurd that the same could happen between a girl and large and powerful but clueless male athlete:

After all there is a reason why leg locks are known in the martial art community as "the great equalizer" and it's because they are the most reliable way to defeat a much bigger, stronger AND faster opponent.

I can very well picture this overconfident NFL player letting his guard down because he assumed there is nothing this small girl could do to him and getting caught by surprise.

Last edited by Elbow Escape; 20-Nov-21 at 02:03.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elbow Escape For This Useful Post: