View Single Post
Old 24-Apr-13, 04:13
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts
Default Re: Is this a fading genre? (looking at movies, games, pro-wrestling)

I'd have to agree with you jiminy, even 10 years ago there was plenty of stuff on tv to record and watch, like Tia Carrere in Relic Hunter, shows like V.I.P., She-Spies, Queen of Blades, some kind of X-Men ripoff show, Acapulco Heat, Sheena, etc. They just don't make em like they used to But they internet has proven a worthy substitute, I even canceled my cable TV a few years ago, don't miss it at all
The CGI masters seem to have taken over a lot of the action genre and that is not something that I have a fetish for at all.

Pro-wrestling? I lost interest in that about 10 years ago. It just seemed to get more watered down, no more personalities like Madusa, Sheri. If I could put my finger on anything, it may be that Pro Wrestling became more storyline driven than personality driven. Guys like Heenan, Arn Anderson, etc. could work up a frenzy in a jiffy with their acts. I think the 'script' got too rigid, not enough freestyling, JMHO...

Video games? never been into them