View Single Post
Old 01-Sep-20, 20:51
Points: 4,580, Level: 28 Points: 4,580, Level: 28 Points: 4,580, Level: 28
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Re: If you could pick just one.... Retired ladies

Though I gave a top ten list earlier in this thread, and then added Yana Jordan (who may or may not be retired), I forgot to mention Suzanne Dubois, who wrestled for Flamingo many years ago. Would loved to have met her on the mats. Honestly not sure if she did paid sessions or just wrestled for Flamingo, but I especially loved her mixed matches. Though most of the guys who wrestled the women at Flamingo never put up much of a fight (they appeared to have no actual wrestling experience and weren't particularly strong looking), the matches did however have an air of legitimacy about them and sometimes they would win falls. Suzanne generally dominated her matches and was one of the only women during that era who actually used face sit submissions in her mixed matches. Not sure what her real name is, but she sounded like she might have been French Canadian, given her accent. Wonder how long she did matches and what happened to her. Joy from Flamingo would also have been great to wrestle.

BTW, and per another post on this thread, I actually did have the chance to meet Charlie Haynes back in the early 2000's when I lived in Sou Cal. We met at a studio in Venice, CA and had a really good roll. it appears she came out of retirement briefly early last year, but I'm guessing with Covid she, like so many woman, have stopped doing sessions. Charlie was the real deal and had a fantastic dancer's physique - incredibly cut, and very long shapely legs that could squeeze the life out of you. She was very professional, had a quirky sense of humor, and seemed like a very nice lady. Some great memories!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lance For This Useful Post: