View Single Post
Old 17-Oct-20, 12:25
Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60 Points: 19,382, Level: 60
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,808 Times in 653 Posts
Default Re: Session rates are getting out of hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockernz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
And indeed Inferno is actually a good example of looking at it from the session provider perspective.
Lives quite a way out of London.. probably 2 hour each way trip to studio.
So shes got 4hrs travel, 1 hr session + say 30mins turnaround time in/out at studio = 5.5hrs, plus cost of train tickets and tube.
So really its a half day effort & travel costs for a one hour session and shes pricing to reflect this.
She might lose a few potential clients at higher rate, but shes probably happy to do so. Potentially she can just do 2x hours of online/skype work at a lower rate and make more without leaving home.
The other highest rate girl on the Sub room site also lives far out of London & even specifies 'this is the rate unless more than one session in a day'

I'm actually having ta similar now i am working from home than in the city.. When in central london already, it was a quick 30min hop to session after work, but now its quite a bit longer round trip starting from home.
So part of the reason i'm doing less sessions these days is its more hassle to go to do them

Very good post and I agree.

I live miles from London and Manchester so have to travel a good 2/3 hours on the train when I session - it's why I tend to book multiple sessions when I do go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
thats the best posting in this thread and its the posting #245 already in this thread. What a pitty that all the white knights like @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] & co who would like to see the session-fees going up high, are too stupid to understand this.
Quit embarrassing yourself.

NOBODY said they wanted fees going up. The ones with brains said they understood why.

It's simple supply and demand. Quit crying about it. If you can't afford it, or you don't want to pay it, then nobody is making you pay for it.

Get over yourself, because no wrestler is going to change the rates just because you and the minority are crying about it.

Now shut up.

Last edited by Subboy2; 17-Oct-20 at 12:32.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Subboy2 For This Useful Post: