View Single Post
Old 01-Aug-19, 21:47
Points: 4,873, Level: 29 Points: 4,873, Level: 29 Points: 4,873, Level: 29
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Fighting back in session

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellios [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I recently started to have sessions and so far each session was very enjoyable. However i have a question for the more experienced of you guys.
During the session i like to try my best to defend myself to avoid ending in a hold. Having no wrestling/martial arts experience and being on the skinny side I always end up tapping but it makes the pin/sublission even more enjoyable. This part is quite instinctive.

My problem is that i have no clue what to do regarding the offensive part. It happened during several sessions that the girl will lie down on her back and make the "come at me " motion. I just don't know what to do then.
My main concern is to not hurt the girl.

Do you have any recommendation of holds that are easy to apply and that have low risk of hurting the other wrestler ?
I am in the same situation and I stick to stuff I know how to do, like basic pins and scissors. I never really feel like I have to hold back since my moves are always countered quickly.

If they're letting you attack them, they can tell you're safe. Several women have even started letting me get them in holds before they start fighting back to make it more even and so they can practice escaping holds.

As was suggested, many would probably be willing to teach you some holds too.
The Following User Says Thank You to ca12345 For This Useful Post: