View Single Post
Old 28-Sep-17, 10:20
Points: 2,589, Level: 21 Points: 2,589, Level: 21 Points: 2,589, Level: 21
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: blood choke knockouts and safety

Let me clarify what I wrote. The "headscissors" we're talking about are actually NECK scissors. The head itself can take a hard headscissor without much risk because we have a protective skull. The neck has NO such protection. When it gets compressed, especially enough for a ko, everything in the neck is forced inward toward the cervical spine. The spine is then ALSO feeling a portion of this compression, and compression is its worst enemy. So, you're not only affecting the many nerves running through and alongside the vertebrae, you're also putting sideways force on the vertebrae themselves which are only an inch or so inside the neck. After enough neckscissors over a period of time the fragile bones of the neck can easily become traumatized. The result can be an arthritic neck with damage to the discs between the vertebrae. These conditions constrict the nerves and often the spinal cord too. Symptoms include tingling in the fingers and numbness in the hands or feet. If after a neckscissor session you feel any of these things, it's a signal. The long term effect of neck compression is when you get the symptoms and they don't go away.
I should mention that I'm addicted to headscissors, especially semi-smothering face-scissors. Delicious. But neck-scissors? They scare me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krell For This Useful Post: