View Single Post
Old 29-Jun-19, 08:35
Points: 279,608, Level: 100 Points: 279,608, Level: 100 Points: 279,608, Level: 100
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 69,095 Times in 6,897 Posts
Default Re: the vintage corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Force [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That being said I have to respectfully disagree with you. I much prefer the vintage babes to their modern counterparts. Much more classy back then and feminine compared to today imo. And for the record I'm not that old, mid 40s. I grew up as a kid in the 80s watching reruns of classics from the 50s,60s, and 70s. Now the 80s are considered vintage.
Sorry but (again respectfully) I don't follow - you disagree with me on what exactly? All I was saying is that this 'Vintage' thread is usually reserved for Black & White stills and GIFs from around the 1930s to 1960s. So I may have overstepped the mark by bringing in stuff from the late 1970s. I said nothing whatsoever about disliking vintage ladies. Quite the contrary, I wouldn't be posting stills from my old DVDs in this thread if I didn't like them myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesspin [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Who wouldn't want too see Stephanie Powers and Jill St. John wrestle!
Ahh - good spot! I hadn't realised that was Jill St. John with Stefanie. Maybe it's the short hairstyle that did it. But the eagle-eyed amongst you may also notice Stella Stevens at the back. She was knocking on a bit by this time, but I'm sure she had a screen tussle or two over her extensive career.

Added after 5 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by del [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
there was an episode of It Takes a Thief also. And he was in Don't Just Stand There with the formidable Barbara Rhodes as well as a host of action films.
Would you believe I've ploughed through two-and-a-half of the three series of 'It Takes A Thief' hoping for some action and I've found absolutely nothing of interest. There was an early episode in which the secretary mumbled something about needing to leave early to attend her judo class. That piqued my interest but nothing followed. So when I can get my hands on Season 2.2 it had better be good!

I have that 'Don't Just Stand There' scene with the gorgeous statuesque beauty that is Barbara Rhodes. But I haven't brought my screenshots to the Forum because I figured it must already be here several times in video form.

Added after 5 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxboxer [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I always thought that the show missed out on opportunities for SP to be more physical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadd90 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Yes, they missed it. A they did when she started in The Girl from UNCLE.
Yes, I was going to mention that when I eventually get around to the main H2H contribution. There's plenty of talk around about Stefanie being proficient in self-defence (if not exactly a martial artist). And there are even publicity stills of her wearing a gi. But once the filming starts they always treat her like an expensive glass vase. It's difficult to believe they cast her as 'The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.' and then left all the physical stuff to her boring, blonde, British Boy-Friday.

Last edited by verscont; 29-Jun-19 at 08:35.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to verscont For This Useful Post: