View Single Post
Old 31-Dec-20, 18:05
Points: 18,311, Level: 58 Points: 18,311, Level: 58 Points: 18,311, Level: 58
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 2,923 Times in 486 Posts
Default Re: Objectification of muscular males by girls

Thanks for sharing your story @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]. Always interesting to hear what kind of experiences men of different looks had. It's sad you declined. I guess I'm aging better since I look better with every year now in my late 20s. Fortunately I didn't start balding and I grew a beard which definitely helped me hide my feminine features a bit, while I still retained some of the youthful look (possibly also due to light hair color). I look much younger than I am. I tried online dating recently for an experiment and got relatively good results. Although obviously I'm nowhere near these really good looking men like models, I'm a 7/10 at best.

I think it's important for men to look as good as possible, not just for dating but for life in general. Looks play a role in how respected you are by other (straight) men too, especially now in the age of internet, social media, tons of pictures... If you're not good looking it's not the end of the world because you can improve a lot with right advice and fashion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeryx [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
It's always been like this, but women generally aren't going to admit it and most men will get super pissed and deny it, and take shots at any man that admits he gets that female attention.
This is because as a society we wrongly think that being attracted to good looking people is "shallow" and women don't want to risk being socially shamed for it or pissing off some angry men.

I don't mind women being attracted to good looking men and I'm not jealous of these men either. I think beauty is objective and there are some men who are objectively much better looking than I am, and I understand why women would rather be with them. People now think that it's gay and effeminate to talk about men being good looking, but if you look in history Greeks were praising male beauty a lot too and they were far from effeminate. Men who have really perfect chiselled bodies and prominent and symmetrical facial bones are a pleasant sight to look at, and not necessarily in a sexual way. I'm not gay but I definitely like those Greek statues for example, or seeing tall muscular good looking male actors in movies. Most straight men are the same way but just in denial about this. Look at video games for example, these games are made for mostly men but they always have very good looking male protagonists that you play with, tall handsome guys. They know that (straight) men like these guys because they like beauty and certain aesthetic ideal. So how can you blame women who are sexually attracted to men to like these men too when we men are just as "shallow" when it comes to male looks?

In the same way I appreciate female beauty also. Not just sexually but in general I like to be around good looking women. I think both men and women should care about their looks and fashion and things like that and beautiful people should be cherished and appreciated.

One of the reasons why I don't think this is shallow because I think good looking people tend to have better personalities too. I know I might get crucified for saying this, but it's a personal experience I had in life. The coolest guy I know who is also a good close friend of mine is a former male model and he's really a great guy. He's always positive and optimistic about everything, always full of energy, jokes a lot etc. And yeah he gets loads of attention from women and this is definitely also part of the reason why he has such good personality. When you get so much validation it makes one more confident and more pleasant to be around with. Why would this be bad? At the end of the day, guys like him make other people feel better too.

Of course, there are also many unattractive men and women who have great personality and humor, but let's be honest, a lot of unattractive people these days who let themselves go are also mostly very whiny and cynical and boring. I get that life wasn't fair to them in some way, but life isn't fair to anybody if you look at this that way. I mean I wasn't blessed with being a strong testosterone filled 6'4'' jock with perfect masculine facial bones either, but do I have to be jealous of such guy? No, I'd rather be friends with him and hang out with him and have a good time, because good looking men like that have large social circles and are always having fun and can also arrange dates or meet you with other people.

It's just the way life works. We need to stop being in denial about this, we need to stop denying that beauty is objective and that it matters. Just like other things matter too in other aspects of life. If you're born with high IQ you will have success elsewhere.

However where we do need to draw some line is this open harassment or aggressive flirting I was talking about. I never liked when women were objectified in this way and I think women should realize they should do this to men either. It's trashy, it's low class and it can be harming. I think flirting and compliments should be given in subtle way, it should be a form of art.

So yeah, I have no problem with women being open about their attraction to good looking men, but they shouldn't be aggressively flirting with men they don't know and harassing them.

Last edited by Amazonia; 31-Dec-20 at 18:15.