View Single Post
Old 30-Nov-20, 23:20
Points: 1,784, Level: 17 Points: 1,784, Level: 17 Points: 1,784, Level: 17
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: How common and realistic is it for a woman to be stronger than a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbow Escape [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Any decently strong woman with good (not great) fighting skills would completely destroy the average untrained man, and they are not rare exceptions, you can easily find at least one in most MMA or BJJ schools.
I'm not saying the man would not likely be much stronger pyshically, but it's not the point, if you have good grappling technique you can easily submit a much stronger opponent who doesn't know how to stop it.
If you have both grappling and striking technique it become even easier.

Despite what most people like to think to feel safer being in a life or death scenario don't make you a better fighter if you have no idea how to fight, as a matter of fact it make you worse since you would not be thinking straight at all, panic under pressure and do even more dumb shit that a trained fighter can counter even more easily.
Having a calm and lucid mind when the opponent hasn't is an huge advantage, and the more you have training the more you would be able to remain rational and effective even when the stakes are high.

I agree that no women fighter could beat the strongest NFL players (with myabe the exception of 220 lbs + outliers like Gabi Garcia or Tayanne Porfirio), but how did we went from average men to top nfl players?

They are the absolute 0,00000001% top of human population, the size, strenght, speed and athleticism gap between them and the average men is 10x greater then the one between an average man and an average woman (let alone the gap between an average man and an above average athletic woman who physically exercise, which is even smaller).

As a very general oversimplification:
NFL players > high level female fighters > good amateur female fighters > female fighters during their first or second year of training ~ average untrained men.
I agree. If you are talking about an "untrained" average man, you are correct. Someone like Gina Carrero or Rounda Rousey or other well trained MMA females could likely beat an untrained average male easily. I was conflating a couple of points.