View Single Post
Old 29-Oct-20, 21:15
Points: 2,659, Level: 21 Points: 2,659, Level: 21 Points: 2,659, Level: 21
Activity: 10.4% Activity: 10.4% Activity: 10.4%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Session rates are getting out of hand

LOL
for the last time, your all still mixed up.
Lets look at what we are saying instead of purposely misinterpret the points made.
1. Cutting the price of a session does not make the session wrestler work twice as hard. It instead givers her the option to get 10 times the work and making a lot more money. And yes I have seen this.
The session wrestler wants to charge me $500 for a custom gets nothing. The session wrestler that wants to work with me on making videos at a more affordable rate gets all the work. For several years I have worked with the 'right' female wrestlers that understand this. It's not double, its multi times more.
2. Its not supply and demand. Its the pathway in marketing that brings the customers to your product. And a $500 price tag is a broken bridge on the pathway that stops customers in their tracks.
3. IT's also not inflation. $300 in 1999 was a rip off and $500 today is a rip off.
4. It is also not about then and now, its about change with the times and working with the fans. There needs to be the same communication with the session wrestlers like in the original days. When we email a wrestler and give a suggestion we should not get a reply that says ''give me money or stop wasting our time''
5. And stop misquoting me when I said that 'home city' rates should be $200. If you are going to quote me, quote it all. I said ''When there is NO travel costs and NO hotel costs, and NO time lost the session wrestler should charge a BASE rate of $200 because we are saving them a heap of money. I also pointed out that I have no problem with them charging more for lift and carry and competitive sessions. I also have no problem with a customer wanting to give them a extra tip.
AND when they are traveling in makes sense for them to charge more because costs of planes and hotels are a lot.
6. Yes session wrestlers can charge what they like in a free world, but that does not mean that its the right thing to do, plus we deserve our say.
7. Its not the same 5 people complaining. Count all the thanks and replies up. You will count over 20. Also look at the page views of this thread. A lot of people are affected by this.

8. IF session wrestlers actually cared about the money marks, then why are they coming here and only posting in the producers corner and the session announcements?
I remember the days when they used to phone me personally for advice on video ideas.
Now here you all are defending them over and over again when they bash you on a twitter thread? Makes no sense.

Now if by chance you are a session wrestler reading this, I love you all and there are some good fair session wrestlers out there that treat us good. But there needs to be better communication and more fan/wrestler relationships like there was a while back. There are hundreds of fans that you may not have heard of out there that would love to be fans of you too. Yahoo groups used to have over 10 000 fans in some of them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gutpunch For This Useful Post: