View Single Post
Old 14-Oct-17, 18:19
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts
Default Re: Biggest / Strongest / Most-skilled Session Wrestlers?

I didn't buy it. As I recall, GG has a system set up (or had, maybe it's changed), but they sold partial videos on their clips4sale and they sold entire videos by DVD. I bought a partial clip on their C4S that ended up not having the tap. I never shelled out for the DVD and it's not my kind of video anyway. I prefer more flashy, playful, cat and mouse domination style, lots of body scissors are my favorite and some face sitting and but bounding. I'm not really into a ju jitsu match. It's also quite old by now and probably not high quality by today's standards. It's a tough call. I don't think I'd recommend the video based on age alone, and buy it only if you want to see a technical match. I wasn't recommending, just using it as a point of comparison.

I also wrestled both Helen and Shannon in their primes and in my opinion, Helen was better. She had too big a strength and weight advantage, though Shannon might have had better technical skills, Helen was no slouch in technique either. And I wrestled Gianna (formerly of Tempest) another BJJ student who was very good and she'd wrestled them both and Gianna said Helen was better. Helen getting the tap was more definitive though cause they were against each other.