Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > The Pioneers

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 25-Jul-20, 05:45
Points: 280, Level: 5 Points: 280, Level: 5 Points: 280, Level: 5
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

Default Re: Judell DuLong

Ian, I just can't thank you enough!! What a great resource. It answers so many questions (not just about Judell). Seems Nancy was the most active of the women. I was surprised to see her rematch with Judell wasn't until 1981, which would have made Judell something like 43, I believe (she did wear a one piece.) I certainly know where to come to get all the info!! Thanks again!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ullefan2 For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Jul-20, 01:52
Points: 11,342, Level: 46 Points: 11,342, Level: 46 Points: 11,342, Level: 46
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Thanked 1,956 Times in 239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullefan2 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Ian, I just can't thank you enough!! What a great resource. It answers so many questions (not just about Judell). Seems Nancy was the most active of the women. I was surprised to see her rematch with Judell wasn't until 1981, which would have made Judell something like 43, I believe (she did wear a one piece.) I certainly know where to come to get all the info!! Thanks again!
Ullefan2, if you have a look at message 227 in this thread there is a table I uploaded which shows the number of matches (wrestling only, not including boxing) that the most active of the girls had in both 1977 and 1978. That will give you an idea of who were the most active in those years. What it also shows is that the number of matches that were released was only a small proportion of the number that actually took place.
Old 26-Jul-20, 02:02
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullefan2 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I was surprised to see her rematch with Judell wasn't until 1981, which would have made Judell something like 43, I believe (she did wear a one piece.) !
I may have uploaded this before - can't remember. If so, here again is my results sheet for all Judell's matches for your benefit ullefan2.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Results_Judell.pdf (56.6 KB, 71 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Ian270446 For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Jul-20, 05:00
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zweig [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Wow! Beautiful! I have never seen some of those photos! Ian, your posts are a goldmine!

Do you know what show she appeared in with Regis Philbin? Also, I would appreciate if you could share what the setting was for the second to last photos. Also looks like a TV show.
In December 2017 there was some discussion about Judell appearing with Regis Philbin.

I saw on the news today that Regis has just died at 88 years of age.
Old 26-Jul-20, 05:49

Ian, thanks again. I'd offer to return the favor, but I don't know how. I have some "personal" stories about Michelle Ziegler (Ziggy) but don't have spreadsheets or documentation to back it up!

Regarding the match chronology, it has the match number and then the item number. Would I be correct in assuming that some of the item numbers were photo sets and NOT super 8 films (or videos.) OR, are all 30 matches available (somewhere) as film?

I see she liked to beat up on Margo gowan (the cocktail waitress?) I have the "match" where they do tests of strength, arm wrestle and double head scissors. There are 4 other matches, but based on what I saw, they were probably one-sided (Margo was good at arm wrestling, as you know.)

Thanks again, I'm really enjoying all the magazine articles found in this thread!
The Following User Says Thank You to ullefan2 For This Useful Post:
Old 26-Jul-20, 22:56
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
Regarding the match chronology, it has the match number and then the item number. Would I be correct in assuming that some of the item numbers were photo sets and NOT super 8 films (or videos.) OR, are all 30 matches available (somewhere) as film?
The match number is just a sequential number I have given them. The Item numbers are the numbers from Judell's original catalogue, and you are right, some may have been released as photo sets only but even if they were released on film photo sets were also available with a different item number to the film..
Old 27-Jul-20, 00:53

You made these spreadsheets!? wow, you are a superfan! I thought these were issued by the Amazon "back in the day." I'm 54 so I kinda missed that era of buying the photo sets. I have the 28min Linda Schultz video and it shows how they "posed" for the photo set. I found this enormously interesting. I knew all movies also had photosets, I wonder how many photosets were made without authentic matches behind them?

As I'm sure you know, It's pretty easy to tell "real" v "fake". when I was a kid and saw ads for the Amazon, it always seemed fake because the photos were posed. When I see any script or posing, I move on, even as a teenager. therefore, I never really followed the Amazon. I used to spend THOUSands in the L. Scott store in NYC, but always flew by the AMAZon and the magazines to get to the video tapes. (they kept all the Amazon stuff in the front of the store, since there was no nudity. They also had some sports memorobelia to try and give the store an air of legitimacy. But, most everyone went to the back where they had all the Golden Girls, video Sports Ltd. california Wildcats and of course the L. Scott videos.)

Anyway, in that Linda Schultz match I saw how Jack(?) sort of put them in positions that had naturally occurred during the match (or that's how it seemed to me.) And Linda seemed none too happy about having to "relive" those positions. Having watched women wrestle for 40 years, I 100% believe that match was real and each woman wanted to win (which is the holy grail and very rare, imho)

I used to buy a lot of Premier Productions. That's not staged, but the girls wrestle in a way as if to say, "am I doing enough to get paid?"

I'm still working my way through the thread, so I'm sure I'll get answers to some of these questions. I see the old photosets auctioned occasionally, NOW I'm getting interested--cause I know more about the history.

Thanks again!
Old 27-Jul-20, 04:59
Last Achievements
Award-Showcase

Quote:
I have the 28min Linda Schultz video and it shows how they "posed" for the photo set.
This comment intrigued me for a couple of reasons. The photo set (59 photos) was released as Item 4 and the film as Item 5. I have the film which was originally on Super 8 but now transferred to video. It is just over 14 minutes long which was the absolute maximum you could get on a 200Ft Super 8 reel. So if the video you have is 28 minutes long and also contains the photos the film and photos have obviously been combined on to the one video at some stage. I have never seen the photo set but having seen hundreds of photos from The Amazon I am surprised by the comment about them being "posed". That was not normally the case with photo sets as the photos were taken during the actual match. Maybe it was because it was very early in the days of The Amazon so they were not as well geared up as they were later.
The other comment in relation to that match is that Judell said to me that Linda was not of a standard to give her a fully competitive match and for much of the match she tried to wrestle at a level that would make it look competitive because if she had gone full on it would have been very one sided. Judell's actual description was that she "carried" lLinda for much of the fight.
Old 27-Jul-20, 15:08
Points: 11,564, Level: 46 Points: 11,564, Level: 46 Points: 11,564, Level: 46
Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2% Activity: 45.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,006 Times in 624 Posts

Lets hear your Ziggy stories.As I recall,Ziggy beat Sally Mcneil in a match they did for Premier Productions.Sally didn't take her defeat all too well.
Old 27-Jul-20, 18:16

Yeah, well Sally had bigger problems than losing to Ziggy....

My "stories" are not really exciting or salacious. But, I wrestled her 5 or 6 times over 5 years at several venues in Ny and NJ. We talked quite a bit after some of the matches, so I know about her. She is a delightful and kind woman. Furthermore, she was a "pro's pro" she wrestled very well. she was serious and catered to the level of competition. I'll leave it there since this is not the correct thread. If there is a Ziggy thread I could write more. If she sees this, I would like to hear from her!

I originally made the offer to Ian as a form of "trade" since he has done so much wonderful work on this thread. If someone is a big Ziggy fan, "direct mail" me--or whatever it's called.
The Following User Says Thank You to ullefan2 For This Useful Post:

Tags
female wrestling, judell dulong, oldies