Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 04-Oct-18, 09:52
Points: 3,258, Level: 23 Points: 3,258, Level: 23 Points: 3,258, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Teen Girl Uses BJJ To Submit Male in MMA In 22 Seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrozac [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That is not the only claim being made. There has been many claims on here over the last few years about the ability of men v woman in combat sports. In particular Ronda Rousey which was fueled unfortunately by Joe Rogan who thought she could beat a man in the UFC. By the way, Rogan later regretted saying this. Probably about the time the world realized she had virtually no striking ability. The point is at the highest level of sport woman will find it hard to compete with men. Check out the differences in time, distances etc at the top level.

I just don't know. what the problem is with this? Can't we just accept and acknowledge this differences?
The claim made by "G-Force" only concerned women at times being able to beat men which is indeed proven by this video. I get that forum members often have unrealistic beliefs about elite women taking it up with elite men but they haven't come out about them in this thread so the argument makes no sense to me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M004 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Oct-18, 11:02
Points: 14,059, Level: 51 Points: 14,059, Level: 51 Points: 14,059, Level: 51
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,048 Times in 141 Posts

Come on guys, 4 pages of full conversation in this thread and no action! Anyway, I'd say that there are many people in here that do their best to disclaim even the possibility of a real and fair intergender fight between the sexes. I usually belong to this last category. My hunch is that it's partially due to a real (and healthy) skepticism, but to a larger extent probably it depends on a real fear that many of us share to getting beaten up by a smaller or weaker girl. Although improbable, that's what really fuels our fetish. Admitting that it can happen, and even not so rarely, would shake the same basis of our interest for mixed wrestling
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to John3 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Oct-18, 17:25
Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38 Points: 8,148, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrozac [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
That is not the only claim being made. There has been many claims on here over the last few years about the ability of men v woman in combat sports. In particular Ronda Rousey which was fueled unfortunately by Joe Rogan who thought she could beat a man in the UFC. By the way, Rogan later regretted saying this. Probably about the time the world realized she had virtually no striking ability. The point is at the highest level of sport woman will find it hard to compete with men. Check out the differences in time, distances etc at the top level.

I just don't know. what the problem is with this? Can't we just accept and acknowledge this differences?

Men often make one of two arguments, neither of which is accurate:

1. Males will always defeat females no matter what.

2. Amazon-type female athletes will destroy any guy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClckwrkOra For This Useful Post:
Old 04-Oct-18, 17:44
Points: 3,774, Level: 25 Points: 3,774, Level: 25 Points: 3,774, Level: 25
Last Achievements

I think boy/girl matches work well in kids or early teen divisions and the lower belts.
But there comes a time where i would call it missmatches.

In this case you have an atomweight girl, probably one of the most talented girls her age and size in mexico. On the other side you have boy who is??? There is not even a name.
Maybe the promoter picked him out, because he knew he would not be equal.

Now she gets a lot attention even on tv. Not for winning a mma match, she gets that attetion just for beating a boy regardless if the boy is just on a local level.

It doesnīt make sense to me fighting someone on a much lower level just because itīs a boy than fighting a girl on her own level.

Last edited by lfourt; 04-Oct-18 at 18:28.
Old 05-Oct-18, 05:22
Points: 3,523, Level: 24 Points: 3,523, Level: 24 Points: 3,523, Level: 24
Last Achievements

I feel like this thread got out of hand. My personal belief is simply that woman should not fight men in pro matches.

Weight classes exist for a reason and something as little as 15 pounds makes a big difference for men (See Gegard vs McDonald). Last thing I want is seeing a talented female getting fucking mauled by someone, due to people thinking that she can hold her own against an equally trained opponent.
The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleCat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Oct-18, 05:32
Moderator [D]
Points: 38,244, Level: 85 Points: 38,244, Level: 85 Points: 38,244, Level: 85
Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,511 Times in 2,397 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClckwrkOra [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Men often make one of two arguments, neither of which is accurate:

1. Males will always defeat females no matter what.

2. Amazon-type female athletes will destroy any guy.

1.) true! i did for one half year BJJ and i'm physically stronger than Tia and Antscha, but i cannot beat both girls. They are more skilled and faster. Even when i was able to beat 40% of the club mate...

2.) true! I fought versus a bodybuilder girl. In Armwrestling i where feeling like a Kid so fast she puted my arm down... but in fight she had no chance! And i could make points vs a strong 160 lbs Blackbeltchampion Judogirl easier as by Antscha (130 lbs)

The first affirmation is tippical to this pupertary american film in the 80thies! Where those idiotical Footballcaptain pretend such things...
Old 05-Oct-18, 11:47
Points: 57,566, Level: 100 Points: 57,566, Level: 100 Points: 57,566, Level: 100
Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,746 Times in 1,915 Posts

lol... The butthurt in this thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Oct-18, 14:28
Points: 3,414, Level: 24 Points: 3,414, Level: 24 Points: 3,414, Level: 24
Last Achievements

W/e, you're acting stupidly, sorry to say this to you.

I'm not insecure about anything and I'd love to see a good man vs woman fight in which the woman wins 100% legit, but if you don't see how poorly trained this guy was (who cares about the kick? If you have 0 to little idea of how to deal with her on the ground, you'll lose the match as soon as she gets a takedown) you're just blind.

Cheers.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rocchio91 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-Oct-18, 21:29
G-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocchio91 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
W/e, you're acting stupidly, sorry to say this to you.

I'm not insecure about anything and I'd love to see a good man vs woman fight in which the woman wins 100% legit, but if you don't see how poorly trained this guy was (who cares about the kick? If you have 0 to little idea of how to deal with her on the ground, you'll lose the match as soon as she gets a takedown) you're just blind.

Cheers.
The problem here isn't the suspension of disbelief, it's the unwillingness to believe even when the EVIDENCE is undeniable. Who is really being "blind" here? The paradox of guys here that on one hand fantasize about female victory but still can't accept it when it happens is mind boggling. Just listen to yourselves for a minute. Would there EVER be a situation where it was "100% legit"?
There ALWAYS has to be an "out" for the guy...ie; not trained enough, not fit, too young, too old, no ground skills, no striking skills, blah blah. Did it ever occur to any of you that perhaps the coaches in charge of these events actually know what they are doing? Also, maybe the young man is a great talent but choked in front of the audience? It doesn't matter, a win is a win, is a win, and the excuses are BORING and hackneyed to the rest of us that have heard them over and over again.

And finally and lastly, for crying out loud, why do any of you feel the need to remind anyone of the obvious on here? We live in a male dominated world. We all get it. There is no need to go to lengths to defend the male gender or to correct those that choose to reside in their own delusional fantasy. Just let it be and enjoy the point of this forum's existence which is to celebrate WOMEN, not men.

Last edited by G-Force; 05-Oct-18 at 22:58.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 06-Oct-18, 01:34
Points: 14,059, Level: 51 Points: 14,059, Level: 51 Points: 14,059, Level: 51
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,048 Times in 141 Posts

@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] I would agree with 80% of your points but the latter. I'm hear to celebrate the confrontation between the sexes, while just worship women it's not what many of us are interested in. That can be the difference

Last edited by John3; 06-Oct-18 at 01:40.