Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Closed Thread

Old 17-Oct-20, 14:02
Points: 4,082, Level: 26 Points: 4,082, Level: 26 Points: 4,082, Level: 26
Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5% Activity: 9.5%
Last Achievements

Default Re: Session rates are getting out of hand

I think it's funny that a lot of the Twitter thread boils down to "This woman (usually Megan Jones) hates her customers!" and then this thread is like the origin story of how these women end up hating their customers.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DaveyDLV For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Oct-20, 20:12
Points: 66,180, Level: 100 Points: 66,180, Level: 100 Points: 66,180, Level: 100
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 20,714 Times in 964 Posts

A lot of things have been said, but above all, those are complex and difficult times for everybody, session wrestlers and clients alike.
Some prices have been higher, but as blockernz just said about Inferno, we can also find understandable motivations. And each situation is different, there is no way we can make easy general statements.
Sessioning requires trust from both parties, the most important is to feel responsible. If a price seems to high, then it is not the kind of session for us...but it would not be fair to globally blame session wrestlers for this.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maitsek For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Oct-20, 22:53
Points: 8,080, Level: 38 Points: 8,080, Level: 38 Points: 8,080, Level: 38
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
as the topic of this thread is: "Session rates are getting out of hand", it would have been better if you also would have meantioned how many of the ladies increased their fee since the Covid-19-crisis started.
The most blatant was Inferno increasing her fee 43% from £175 to £250.
I'm still waiting to hear your point.

So what if "many of the ladies" increased their fee. In fact it makes sense to me:

a) fewer session wrestlers (lower supply) = higher rates
b) higher risks = higher rates

Again - it's not about you and the rates you want to pay, think are "out of hand" or have been "blatantly increased".

Maybe Inferno wanted to reduce the demand for her time (assuming this is an elastic market) by increasing her rate. If it doesn't work for her no doubt she may consider reducing it.

Session rates are not out of control - from my quick calculation, by far the majority of the rates, in my previous post about the place in London, are approx one standard deviation of the mean rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
in school the teachers would say: "you missed the point again, @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] "
As far as I can see the only point you have is that you would like session wrestlers to charge less.

Well great - I would like Ferrari to charge less for a motor car.

Quote:
thats the best posting in this thread and its the posting #245 already in this thread. What a pitty that all the white knights like @[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] & co who would like to see the session-fees going up high, are too stupid to understand this.
Show us ONE post where anybody has said they would "LIKE" to see rates going up high.

Imbecile.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to London_Wrestler For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Oct-20, 23:25
Points: 8,234, Level: 38 Points: 8,234, Level: 38 Points: 8,234, Level: 38
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

I totally agree that sessions are way too expensive. Not even lawyers charge $400+ per hour. The OP's whole point was to save us all money, and strangely, many posters in this thread seem to be mad about this.

Does nobody else want sessions to be more affordable so we can do them more often, and thereby keep more session wrestlers in business? Most complain of constant no-shows and time wasters. This probably has a lot to do with the cost of these sessions, no?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mark.johnson21 For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Oct-20, 23:38
Points: 22,751, Level: 65 Points: 22,751, Level: 65 Points: 22,751, Level: 65
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,270 Times in 633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.johnson21 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I totally agree that sessions are way too expensive. Not even lawyers charge $400+ per hour. The OP's whole point was to save us all money, and strangely, many posters in this thread seem to be mad about this.

Does nobody else want sessions to be more affordable so we can do them more often, and thereby keep more session wrestlers in business? Most complain of constant no-shows and time wasters. This probably has a lot to do with the cost of these sessions, no?
No. It’s because those “clients” are jerks . If the price is too high for them, they shouldn’t have booked in the first place.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Royh For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Oct-20, 00:20
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.johnson21 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

A small contradiction there, if I may say so:

"The OP's whole point was to save us all money"

"so we can do them more often, and thereby keep more session wrestlers in business"

What do you want to do:

1. Save money by wrestling at a lower rate?
2. Keep more wrestlers in business by wrestling more times therefore spending the same in total?

Again you have perfectly illustrated that it's all about you.

You assume that all session wrestlers want to spend as much time on the mats for the lowest rate possible because you think that will give them more income overall.

Substitute session wrestling for anything else and you will see how daft this sounds:

"If my decorator charged $30 per hour not $60 I would give them twice as much work. That way they could earn the same total for painting two rooms at $30/hr as one room at $60/hr"

Why would anyone do that?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to London_Wrestler For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Oct-20, 00:27
Points: 11,049, Level: 45 Points: 11,049, Level: 45 Points: 11,049, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts

You're just circling back to the same BS. Many lawyers charge far more than $400/hour, and they get paid not for 40 hours/week, but for 60 or 80. If the girl made more money, and had as enjoyable of a job doing back-to-back, by charging less, she would. Session girls would be lucky to get 30 hours per week while traveling, and while home, 10 per week would be quite high.

Here's a question. Would you rather do a $400 session with comfortable timing (i.e., not a big deal if you're 5 minutes late, and you may go a few minutes over, no stress about traffic or parking), or a $300 session where you awkwardly run into the guy before and after you? What if you happen to know the guy?

My opinion is it's just not worth doing the penny-pinching approach where you walk 4 blocks to save $10 on parking, or you save $100 by choosing a girl who is sessioning back-to-back-to-back. I would just session less often. You may have a point if the going rate were $1000 instead of $400. At $1000, you can just decline to do the session and let her either stick to her wealthy regulars or go out of business or reduce prices.

Quote:
Most complain of constant no-shows and time wasters. This probably has a lot to do with the cost of these sessions, no?
You get more no-shows at lower prices, I'm willing to bet. A guy is less likely to no-show if he put down a $200 deposit on a $400 session than a $50 deposit on a $300 session. If you liken it to the dating scene, I would guess there is more ghosting on the free apps compared to the ones that cost money.

Money is an effective filter. For example, if you're looking for an apartment (OK, in the US; other countries are usually a bit cheaper), it'd be great to get a nice apartment for $500/month, but that's just not reality. Don't waste your time looking through them. Just start your filter at $1000+ or $1500+ or whatever, depending on the city, if you want something decent.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Oct-20, 01:06
Last Achievements

The only way this could work was if a large number of the session clients organised themselves into a pool, a buyers club so to speak.

1. It would need to be large enough to actually make a difference. In other words a significant proportion of the overall bookings in the market would need to be through this club.

2. It would need to be the pool which books and pays for the sessions. Which means that:
a) People would need to join it with their real-life details; and
b) Pay the session money to the club
c) There would need to be some photo ID which would be shown to the session provider otherwise anyone could book a session for their non-member friend
3. There could be a benefit to the session providers in giving some assurance that the booking was genuine and of a certain quality (assuming there were joining criteria and expulsion sanctions for miscreants)

4. The pool would probably need to be incorporated and have insurance as it would be liable for anything the members did.

5. There would need to be a fee to cover costs as no doubt this would require significant amounts of time to administer. Would these clients who seek to reduce the fee be willing to pay 10% or 15% surcharge to the pool?

I can't see how this could ever work in practice.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to London_Wrestler For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Oct-20, 03:08
Points: 8,234, Level: 38 Points: 8,234, Level: 38 Points: 8,234, Level: 38
Last Achievements

@Londonwrestler --

Substituting interior decorating for sex work? Uh... Wow. Yeah, that's not even remotely comparable. I wouldn't say that out loud to anybody if I were you.

There's no small contradiction regarding saving money for more sessions: Compare based on how many sessions you might do per year and how much it would cost:

$400/hr, 4 sessions/yr = $1600
$300/hr, 5 sessions/yr = $1500
$250/hr, 6 sessions/yr = $1500

If it does cost more, it barely does, but you're also getting way more experiences for almost the same $ amount:

$400/hr, 3 sessions/yr = $1200
$300/hr, 4 sessions/yr = $1200
$250/hr, 5 sessions/yr = $1250

$400/hr, 2 sessions/yr = $800
$300/hr, 3 sessions/yr = $900
$250/hr, 3 sessions/yr = $750

Ultimately, yes, it is all about the client (i.e. me). We're the ones paying hundreds of $$$ for what we hope will be a sexually gratifying experience despite the fact that it often doesn't come with sex or sexual activity. It is not our obligation to worry about a session wrestler's finances ahead of our own. She certainly is not putting our financial concerns ahead of hers.

That being said, the reason I know (not assume) that session wrestlers want to have more sessions is because almost every session wrestler I have met has TOLD ME that they want more sessions ;-) And many online complain about time wasters, which means they also want more clients. That includes those who are charging $400+ per hour. So -- if they charge less, they'll get more takers. There have been times where I decided not to session with someone because I thought their price was too high. Here's what I'm gonna guess goes through most potential clients' heads:

$450? No way.
$400? Eh... probably not. It better be friggin' amazing.
$350? Possibly...
$300? Yeah, not bad.
$250? Definitely.

Price is not indicative of quality. Just because something costs more doesn't mean it's necessarily better. Better is subjective.

@[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register] --

I've had sessions at $300/hr that were just as good if not better than ones @ $400/hr. And no, there was nobody waiting outside the door for me to finish, and the session wrestler wasn't a clock-watcher or anything like what you're describing. I don't know where you're getting that from, or why you think someone who charges $300/hr isn't going to be professional -- they were just as professional as those who charged $400/hr.

Again, price is not indicative of quality. Arekah Lox is considered the best session wrestler ever on this forum. And not even she charged $400/hr. I know, because I've sessioned with her.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mark.johnson21 For This Useful Post:
Old 18-Oct-20, 03:45
Points: 11,049, Level: 45 Points: 11,049, Level: 45 Points: 11,049, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts

First of all, Arekah did charge $400. That's exactly what she charged. She probably grandfathered people in at lower rates who originally met her before that. And she grandfathered me in when she started charging even more than that.

If you're counting the hours, you're doing it wrong. I'd rather have one session with Arekah than three sessions with an average newcomer charging $300 each. I save money, save time, and have a more enjoyable experience.

Higher price does not necessarily mean better experience, you are correct. But on average, the $400 sessions are higher quality than $300. I've had great $300 sessions, and bad $450 and $500 sessions. But mostly, the $400's are much much better than the $350's and $300's.

Quote:
It is not our obligation to worry about a session wrestler's finances ahead of our own. She certainly is not putting our financial concerns ahead of hers.
You don't need to worry about it. Unless she's starting a gofundme, only on this forum are people counting their money. We choose to spend a certain amount to have fun for an hour or two and go home. Sometimes the girl asks some questions to try to be subtle about figuring out how much money you make. She's interested in meeting guys who are well-off, not guys who are going to be a headache to deal with. Aside from that, it's not a topic of discussion.

Quote:
That being said, the reason I know (not assume) that session wrestlers want to have more sessions is because almost every session wrestler I have met has TOLD ME that they want more sessions
Sure, the girl getting 4 sessions a month always wants more. But did you ask the girl doing 20 sessions a month if she wants to work twice as much for 50% more money? Or 25%, taking into account more no-shows at a lower rate?

And someone will read your post and say "$250? No way. $50? Yeah!" Money is relative, you're just not going to go very far with a $250 session. You can either afford it or you can't. You are acting entitled to lascivious contact with a woman with a very rare build and skill set. She is free to price it how she wants.

Quote:
And no, there was nobody waiting outside the door for me to finish, and the session wrestler wasn't a clock-watcher or anything like what you're describing.
I wasn't saying that happens a lot. It does happen occasionally. My question was a hypothetical, which you didn't answer. More generally, do you want to feel rushed? If the girl is doing more per day at a lower price point, she's going to have less time between sessions. It's all a moot point if she gets the same number of sessions at either price point. As actual data points, at one extreme I've run into the next guy at the elevator, and at the other extreme, a one-hour $400 session turned into a two-hour session.

The last $350 session I had was quite good. Not the best ever, but good. And she was telling me how she was considering moving into a mess of a living situation with an ex in a crappy apartment just to save a few thousand bucks a year. Your multiplication fantasies just aren't reality. Most girls aren't getting nearly as many sessions as you think, even at a lower price point.

I'm not sure how many times this needs to be repeated. Now I am starting to understand what the women are referring to when they talk about the mountain of emails/time-wasters/negotiation attempts they have to deal with.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uxiel For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread