Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Women's MMA

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 06-May-23, 23:37
Points: 57,576, Level: 100 Points: 57,576, Level: 100 Points: 57,576, Level: 100
Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1% Activity: 88.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,749 Times in 1,916 Posts
Default Re: Paige Vanzant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby87 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Is it though?

I mean, I enjoy my job, but I don't find it actually "fulfilling". It's a stream of income that supports the lifestyle I live. And there's a lot more to being a solid OF creator than just "getting your tits out."

Also, MMA, boxing and even professional wrestling are super demanding on your body. Pro wrestling is a lot more hard on the body than I think people realize. Just because it's "fake" (I prefer the word "predetermined,) doesn't make taking bumps, throws and slams any less painful. If she can make more money without getting her body banged up or getting punched in the face, it's pretty much a no brainer.
For the everyman, the system tends to work as it provides balance between work and play. A lot of people will say they hate their jobs, but some of the sorriest people I know are some of the wealthiest. It's why you see so many go off the rails, succumbing to vices and substance abuse. Too much too soon. Too easy. It's no good.

The key is to embrace a love for things that are difficult and challenging.

Put yourself in situations where you have to grow and develop.

A lot of people look at MMA, Boxing, etc and think it's too risky, too brutal. But then you see people that have obviously made their money, could retire if they wanted to - Holly Holm, Sara McMann, 40+ but they've still got that drive. Kayla Harrison didn't HAVE to do MMA.

The Paul brothers even. They're millionaires. They could easily just play video games and be coke heads and obese slobs all day, but they want to challenge themselves.

I'm just echoing what I've heard. Powerlifter Stefi Cohen recently said she is fully aware she could jump onto OF, sex it up, and make more money than ever before. But it would be unfulfilling and she sees it as "taking advantage of vulnerable men" ... She'd rather continue Boxing, Powerlifting and teaching. Being a positive role model for kids.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jiminy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-Jan-24, 05:46
Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100 Points: 97,437, Level: 100
Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1% Activity: 38.1%
Last Achievements

Thanked 15,079 Times in 4,065 Posts
Default Re: Paige Vanzant

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following User Says Thank You to stymie For This Useful Post:

Tags
mma, paige vanzant, wmma