Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 21-Nov-20, 15:21
Points: 5,281, Level: 30 Points: 5,281, Level: 30 Points: 5,281, Level: 30
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Lower ranked women defeating higher ranked men

Seems like a lot of users here have wrestled or done some martial arts training. Have any of you witnessed a lower belt/ lower ranked woman beat a higher belt/ rank man? If so, how did that go over? What were the reactions?

And of course, feel free to drop video links here if someone has seen something like that on youtube.
Old 21-Nov-20, 16:46
Points: 13,942, Level: 51 Points: 13,942, Level: 51 Points: 13,942, Level: 51
Activity: 40.5% Activity: 40.5% Activity: 40.5%
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,440 Times in 905 Posts
Default Re: Lower ranked women defeating higher ranked men

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-green-blue [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Seems like a lot of users here have wrestled or done some martial arts training. Have any of you witnessed a lower belt/ lower ranked woman beat a higher belt/ rank man? If so, how did that go over? What were the reactions?

And of course, feel free to drop video links here if someone has seen something like that on youtube.
The closest I can think of is this, a girl with allegedly just two days of training beating a guy who is supposed to be way more experienced, altough it's no gi grappling so there are no belt/rank:
[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elbow Escape For This Useful Post:
Old 21-Nov-20, 19:53
Points: 2,053, Level: 18 Points: 2,053, Level: 18 Points: 2,053, Level: 18
Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1% Activity: 7.1%
Last Achievements

I have seen a green belt teenage girl tap out blue belt guys quite often in training...however, I am pretty sure the guys aren't going 100%. I have rolled with her and she is very skilled and quite big and strong for her age...but I never go close to 100% or use all my strength. She regular taps out purple belt women too...which I think is a more legit tap.
Old 22-Nov-20, 00:14
ssddfaudhey

My wife trains in BJJ and so have I on and off.Its not common but it happens.Usually in the low belt ranks more often.My wife has is a 2 stripe purple and has beat male brown belts.Its more common to see a 3 stripe white belt woman beat a 1 stripe blue belt guy though.The last time I can think of was a woman about 1 months into her white belt vs a guy with 2 stripes on his white belt.She locked him down in closed guard and wouldn't let go for anything.She eventually collar choked him.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 22-Nov-20, 02:25
Points: 3,105, Level: 23 Points: 3,105, Level: 23 Points: 3,105, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssddfaudhey [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
My wife trains in BJJ
Really? I don't remember you ever mentioning this.
Old 22-Nov-20, 21:22
Points: 5,281, Level: 30 Points: 5,281, Level: 30 Points: 5,281, Level: 30
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssddfaudhey [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
My wife trains in BJJ and so have I on and off.Its not common but it happens.Usually in the low belt ranks more often.My wife has is a 2 stripe purple and has beat male brown belts.Its more common to see a 3 stripe white belt woman beat a 1 stripe blue belt guy though.The last time I can think of was a woman about 1 months into her white belt vs a guy with 2 stripes on his white belt.She locked him down in closed guard and wouldn't let go for anything.She eventually collar choked him.
This is very informative, thanks for sharing. Is a 2 stripe purple beating a brown belt a big deal? Or is an occasional submission in training not unordinary?
Old 23-Nov-20, 01:05
ssddfaudhey

Hello,you're welcome.Its not that uncommon for male vs male as 2 stripe purple is very close in rank to brown.Its definitely less common for female vs male.
Old 23-Nov-20, 05:37
Moderator [D]
Points: 38,244, Level: 85 Points: 38,244, Level: 85 Points: 38,244, Level: 85
Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2% Activity: 99.2%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,512 Times in 2,397 Posts

Quote:
Hello,you're welcome.Its not that uncommon for male vs male as 2 stripe purple is very close in rank to brown.Its definitely less common for female vs male.
not really sure you're last point. A female knows that she is usually phisically lesser strong. So here BJJ is more related to defend and whait on errors of oponnent's. For this BJJ is an excellent Martial Art. Maybe the best!

I have seen once a 70 Kilos Bluebelt Girl BJJ fightress winning 2-0 vs an 80 Kilo multiple Dan in Judo Girl tha practice also Fitness. The lighter girl where all the time in defence and made the points on error of the other superior girl. This is the truth... And it was not the only fight like this seen in my life!

Tags
competition, defeat, experience, martial arts, surprise