Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 15-Aug-17, 10:22
Points: 5,823, Level: 32 Points: 5,823, Level: 32 Points: 5,823, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

Default weight training of volleyball girls - how much do they lift ?

Does anyone know what weights they work with at their training ? Even the high school players seem to do weight training and i was wondering if these girls are commonly stronger than the average guy (after finding out about that 19 yo girl who deadlifts/rack pulled 335 lbs, see my last post). If you have any info about age/weights/reps that would be cool !

Like in this volleyball workout vid, i guess most of these girls are pretty strong compared to an untrained guy ? For example what about player#8 (lineup in first image) at 5:15, or the one at 3:50 ?

If the video doesn't play: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Last edited by chris035; 15-Aug-17 at 11:59.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chris035 For This Useful Post:
Old 15-Aug-17, 19:34
Points: 16,659, Level: 56 Points: 16,659, Level: 56 Points: 16,659, Level: 56
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Default Re: weight training of volleyball girls - how much do they lift ?

I would guess that at high school level it all depends on the girl (how eager she is) and the coach (how much he/she pushes them). I'm sure there are girls on some high school teams (especially smaller schools where they struggle to find the numbers to make up the squad) who are mainly there to hang out with their mates, and I wouldn't expect too much from them.

The ones who are really keen, and perhaps want to continue playing into college level and beyond, I would think do a decent amount and would be more than a match for a smaller or (not too big) non-athletic guy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kyguy2016 For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Aug-17, 00:26
Last Achievements

thanks kyguy, yeah, i was thinking of the 2nd kind of girl actually, those who aim for the college level volleyball. I wonder how much "more than a match" would be in this case.

Actually i just decided to make a poll about this in another thread.

If anyone has any more info about what weights they use in their workouts, its greatly appreciated !
Old 16-Aug-17, 05:40
Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49 Points: 12,856, Level: 49
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,106 Posts

You've found a new type of video for me to watch. I've always liked volleyball women and I like women lifting (aka strong women competitions)

Watching these volleyball ladies lift is surprisingly hot, cause I've always liked the tall ones.

A couple more

I'm sure somebody who lifts will say something about their form being wrong, and, feel free. Good form is important, but, I just like watching them lift. Very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris035 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

Put just the letters after the = in the [YOUTUBE] brackets

In this case, TIcyd71159Y

The Following User Says Thank You to LicensetoKill For This Useful Post:
Old 16-Aug-17, 07:22
Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83 Points: 36,366, Level: 83
Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8% Activity: 9.8%
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,549 Times in 720 Posts

I've often wondered about this too. So many of them have such thick lower bodies and look like they must be quite strong. That combined with their long legs, I'm betting they could probably give you a heck of a squeeze.
Old 16-Aug-17, 07:39
Last Achievements

Quote:
Watching these volleyball ladies lift is surprisingly hot, cause I've always liked the tall ones.
..exactly what i feel
I'm 5'7 and certainly average, musclewise..i'd love to find out if these girls were stronger or not.
I too do not care so much about technique and form, cause after watching some of their interviews, from their attitude most of them seem to be real fighters, not just volleyball players.

Here are some more...would be cool if somebody who knows those weights could say if this was much (in comparison for a guy who doesn't lift).

In this vid there are some weights given, like box squats 4x 225lbs (1:50)...or 4x4 one arm rows with 50 lbs (4:20)...are these considerable weights ? I've no bloddy idea

still the YT embedding won't work...

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

[Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Old 16-Aug-17, 12:39
Points: 57,557, Level: 100 Points: 57,557, Level: 100 Points: 57,557, Level: 100
Activity: 85.7% Activity: 85.7% Activity: 85.7%
Last Achievements

Thanked 8,746 Times in 1,915 Posts

Hi Chris.

Why not get yourself down to your local gym and see what you're capable of?

Or perhaps source yourself a cheap barbell and stack of weight plates for home use? It really doesn't require a lot of space and you can do a lot with it.

Some good advice here: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

It's a great way to get in shape.

Broadly speaking, a trained girl is going to be stronger / in better shape than an untrained man but there are naturally tons of variables.
Old 16-Aug-17, 16:30
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts

Worth remembering that athletes who lift have a different goal than regular gym goers. For vb players it's increasing speed and height for jumps, building endurance so they can keep moving for several sets etc. The form might also be different intentionally, trust me, none of these teams is lifting while unsupervised.
The Following User Says Thank You to boyofwinter For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Aug-17, 00:03
Points: 3,518, Level: 24 Points: 3,518, Level: 24 Points: 3,518, Level: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyofwinter [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Worth remembering that athletes who lift have a different goal than regular gym goers. For vb players it's increasing speed and height for jumps, building endurance so they can keep moving for several sets etc. The form might also be different intentionally, trust me, none of these teams is lifting while unsupervised.
Agree with this. There is no need for these girls to lift super heavy, its not in their interest to overload with strength training. Personally I don't think Volleyballers are that strong as a result of what I've just said, and especially compared to other sports. Amazon Vanessa is an example of a girl you would think would be quite strong, but is actually quite weak.

If I had to armwrestle or wrestle a swimmer or a volleyballer, I'd chose the swimmer every day of the week.
Old 19-Aug-17, 22:58
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Hi Chris.

Why not get yourself down to your local gym and see what you're capable of?

Or perhaps source yourself a cheap barbell and stack of weight plates for home use? It really doesn't require a lot of space and you can do a lot with it.

Some good advice here: [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]

It's a great way to get in shape.

Broadly speaking, a trained girl is going to be stronger / in better shape than an untrained man but there are naturally tons of variables.
Jiminy, i've come across that idea too But for the gym i have no time currently (although it'd do me good). I do have some dumbbells at home, and tried some of their exercises, but they never show when they get to their limit with them, and hardly what weight is used at all.

Quote:
sounds logical, on top of that i'm trying to figure out if height does play a role, or better, at what difference it does come in as an advantage.