Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 16-Aug-17, 23:51
Points: 3,518, Level: 24 Points: 3,518, Level: 24 Points: 3,518, Level: 24
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Default Re: POLL: volleyball girls vs avg short guy

those girls don't look that strong. The best volleyballer Ive seen plays for Arizona, number 6 if I remember correctly. Can't remember her name.
Old 17-Aug-17, 03:21
Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70 Points: 26,283, Level: 70
Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3% Activity: 99.3%
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,828 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by al89 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
I think out of non-combat sports I'd give female handball players a good chance because it's a contact sport and it's actually extremely popular among girls in Europe. A lot of gifted athletic girls get into handball and the sport gets some of the best female athletes out there.
Handball definitely is a sport I pay attention to during the Olympics. I also suspect the reason it isn't so popular in North America is what you eluded to, many people aren't comfortable seeing girls being so outwardly aggressive and having that be essential to the sport itself.

Added after 6 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris035 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Have you considered the younger high school girly girls as well (#3,5,9) ?
Is it strength or height that gives them a "D" too ?
Yes, when I said all I meant all, for the reasons I mentioned. If they're well known that probably means they're on a good enough team that lifts regularly etc. Even though I think in some HS divisions they do best of 3 sets (regular matches are 5), they are still probably in great shape and strong, ≥ average men the size you mentioned (in America at least)).

Added after 12 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestling47 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
The best volleyballer Ive seen plays for Arizona, number 6 if I remember correctly. Can't remember her name.
She has graduated I think. If we're thinking of the same girl, I think I remember hearing announcers say that she also plays basketball in Europe, she is obviously a great athlete.

Last edited by boyofwinter; 17-Aug-17 at 03:21.
The Following User Says Thank You to boyofwinter For This Useful Post:
Old 17-Aug-17, 11:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyofwinter [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Handball definitely is a sport I pay attention to during the Olympics. I also suspect the reason it isn't so popular in North America is what you eluded to, many people aren't comfortable seeing girls being so outwardly aggressive and having that be essential to the sport itself.

Added after 6 minutes:

Yes, when I said all I meant all, for the reasons I mentioned. If they're well known that probably means they're on a good enough team that lifts regularly etc. Even though I think in some HS divisions they do best of 3 sets (regular matches are 5), they are still probably in great shape and strong, ≥ average men the size you mentioned (in America at least)).

Added after 12 minutes:

She has graduated I think. If we're thinking of the same girl, I think I remember hearing announcers say that she also plays basketball in Europe, she is obviously a great athlete.
Pilepic. I went through over 200 university volleyball teams, and she was the biggest girl I saw in terms of strength.
Old 18-Aug-17, 03:49
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestling47 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Pilepic. I went through over 200 university volleyball teams, and she was the biggest girl I saw in terms of strength.
Wondering what you base that on? Is there video of her lifting? I like her, but physically she doesn't look so much different from other hitters her size.
Old 18-Aug-17, 06:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyofwinter [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Wondering what you base that on? Is there video of her lifting? I like her, but physically she doesn't look so much different from other hitters her size.
She is solid
Old 19-Aug-17, 05:18
Points: 32,386, Level: 78 Points: 32,386, Level: 78 Points: 32,386, Level: 78
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,349 Times in 592 Posts

1 - G
2 - F
3 - E
4 - F
5 - E
6 - F
7 - G
8 - G
9 - E
10- E

1, 7 and 8 looks strong. when strength combines with that height, it's gonna b very hard for a average height guy to compete with. Some of others look very skinny, but It's always difficult to wrestle against a tall girl. Believe me. I have wrestle tall skinny girls. They r stronger than they look.
The Following User Says Thank You to wrestpet For This Useful Post:
Old 19-Aug-17, 14:09
Banned
Points: 8,399, Level: 39 Points: 8,399, Level: 39 Points: 8,399, Level: 39
Last Achievements

i was in Montreux and observed women of the german national team doing some strength and fitness training.
There is no way an average male could hold his own in a contest involving strenght and agility like wrestling against these women.

They are very impressively tall and athletic, they lift ridiculous amount of weights and no average man could ever dream achieving half of the jumping and pull up exercices i ve seen them perform.

i agree they are professional trained athletes and no college girls like here but average guys thinking they would hold their own against such volleyball players are fools...
Old 19-Aug-17, 22:41
Points: 5,823, Level: 32 Points: 5,823, Level: 32 Points: 5,823, Level: 32
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestpet [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
1, 7 and 8 looks strong. when strength combines with that height, it's gonna b very hard for a average height guy to compete with. Some of others look very skinny, but It's always difficult to wrestle against a tall girl. Believe me. I have wrestle tall skinny girls. They r stronger than they look.
thanks for your vote and input, wrestpet.
I would really like to read more about your tall girl wrestling-experiences ! Or privately, if you prefer. Surprisingly, there doesn't seem to be that much interest in taller girls on this board, unfortunately.
So any more voters are still highly appreciated!

It's still surprising that even the younger girls are estimated stronger or same as the short guy. Just imagine how that guy, or Daniel R. himself must feel if he stood next to one of them, knowing they could whoop his ass if they wanted to...a teenage girl :8
Also i wondered, would things changed if the volleyball girl was in the 5'7-5'8 range ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon55 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
They are very impressively tall and athletic, they lift ridiculous amount of weights and no average man could ever dream achieving half of the jumping and pull up exercices i ve seen them perform.
Garcon, thanks a lot for the input ! Have you seen how much they can lift/repitition and what kind the lifts were ? I don't know if you have seen my older thread, about a young volleyball girl, i guess 19, who almost deadlifted 335 lbs (rackpulled)..she is number 8 here. It's insane, although she is not skinny, i wouldn't guess that strength from her looks. Also, i'm curious to know where you saw them work out (german team) ?

Last edited by chris035; 19-Aug-17 at 22:51.
Old 20-Aug-17, 01:41
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris035 [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Surprisingly, there doesn't seem to be that much interest in taller girls on this board, unfortunately.
It's more that very tall girls are rare, so having the experience of wrestling with them (in one's personal life or in sessions) is also rare. I've been wrestling for more than 20 years and the number of girls an even 6ft or taller advertising for sessions has never been much more than a handful at any point.
The Following User Says Thank You to boyofwinter For This Useful Post:
Old 20-Aug-17, 05:59
Points: 32,386, Level: 78 Points: 32,386, Level: 78 Points: 32,386, Level: 78
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,349 Times in 592 Posts

Quote:
Also i wondered, would things changed if the volleyball girl was in the 5'7-5'8 range ?
then result depends on the fitness level and athletism of the guy. If he is not doing any sport then still it'll be difficult for him to compete with a girl who has better fitness as the match progress. Also even 5'7" girl has a little size advantage and the guy is not muscular either.