Go Back   Male vs Female | The Mixed Wrestling Forum > Mixed Wrestling & Fighting > Wrestling & Fighting Discussion

Check out the latest release by Fight Pulse: Bianca vs Andreas.
Preview photos are available in this topic. Get this video at: Fight Pulse - MX-251.

Old 30-Aug-20, 12:14
mysterio

Grappling The benefits of learning a new language

As Melbourne continues to stay in lockdown with everything shut... I decided to learn Japanese now I have a lot more free time..
The hardest part about learning a new language, i find is remembering vocab and getting it to stick.

So.. I was watching a few Japanese mixed wrestling matches and before learning, i had no idea what was being said.. now..
After a few months I enjoy the trash talk so much.. its so hot hearing the woman and knowing what she is saying.. and if I don't.. i can find out because I know how the sentence patterns work.. so its not only a learning experience its super hot as well ..

If i ever have a session Id love to banter back in the language saying i dont give.. or it hurts just to make it.more fun..

It would be great to banter to Spanish women, Italian, European too.. even if its just a little.

Just thought id share

Stay safe everyone
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Aug-20, 12:45
Points: 22,751, Level: 65 Points: 22,751, Level: 65 Points: 22,751, Level: 65
Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4% Activity: 2.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,270 Times in 633 Posts
Default Re: The benefits of learning a new language

What does it mean when they say “hora” all the time? Hope I don’t mistake it for something else
Old 30-Aug-20, 14:39
Points: 8,126, Level: 38 Points: 8,126, Level: 38 Points: 8,126, Level: 38
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

‘Hora’ literally means ‘look’, but like many language translations it doesn’t directly translate. For example in the UK people say ‘sorry’ all the time which foreigners think is odd and disingenuous. But in the UK ‘sorry’ is something of a conversation starter rather than the literal meaning of the word...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to james For This Useful Post:
Old 30-Aug-20, 15:42
Points: 3,986, Level: 26 Points: 3,986, Level: 26 Points: 3,986, Level: 26
Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6%
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by james [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
‘Hora’ literally means ‘look’, but like many language translations it doesn’t directly translate. For example in the UK people say ‘sorry’ all the time which foreigners think is odd and disingenuous. But in the UK ‘sorry’ is something of a conversation starter rather than the literal meaning of the word...
I noticed when I returned to Australia that people said "sorry" when they bumped you in the street. It was such a nice thing. It was much different than the uncaring attitude of the US, Russia and China.

Another interesting cultural difference is how much people boast. English people can be frustratingly modest when you're trying to get information on someone's competency in something. Whereas Americans can be boring braggarts. Chinese like to boast about their country, which is silly since the individual bragging is probably not the one making the achievements. But we all know the strong girls bragging well is very arousing. This often transcends nationality, and can be unconscious or on purpose. Either way is good.
Old 30-Aug-20, 17:31
Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts

Americans also say "how are you?" *a lot*, which is confusing to Europeans. By the time the European has answered, the American has already walked away It really means 'hi'.

Learning languages is also a hobby of mine, but I must say, the typical language used in a session is very simple. It's much more interesting to actually read books. I've done sessions in multiple languages, but didn't really feel like that was stretching my brain.

Quote:
I noticed when I returned to Australia that people said "sorry" when they bumped you in the street. It was such a nice thing. It was much different than the uncaring attitude of the US, Russia and China.
This really depends on the city. In most of the US, I'd expect sorry/excuse me/oops/etc. But in some cities, like New York, you might get the cold attitude you're describing.
Old 30-Aug-20, 19:54
Points: 2,850, Level: 22 Points: 2,850, Level: 22 Points: 2,850, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Last Achievements

What method or methods did you use for learning a language? I'm not into session wrestling but I do think female grapplers look (ahem) fertile and marriageable. Right now I'm using the quarantine to drop weight and get back into wrestling shape. I have a friend in Brazil begging me to come down and start training there. It would be great to have some commend of Portuguese before I go.
Old 30-Aug-20, 20:02
Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45 Points: 11,051, Level: 45
Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4% Activity: 21.4%
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,030 Posts

Pick up a basic grammar book with a reasonable vocab distribution, talk to native speakers, watch movies, listen to music. Read online forums. Once you're able to, read newspapers, then books. Go to the country and don't speak any English.
Old 30-Aug-20, 20:29
Last Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterio [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
As Melbourne continues to stay in lockdown with everything shut... I decided to learn Japanese now I have a lot more free time..
The hardest part about learning a new language, i find is remembering vocab and getting it to stick.

So.. I was watching a few Japanese mixed wrestling matches and before learning, i had no idea what was being said.. now..
After a few months I enjoy the trash talk so much.. its so hot hearing the woman and knowing what she is saying.. and if I don't.. i can find out because I know how the sentence patterns work.. so its not only a learning experience its super hot as well ..

If i ever have a session Id love to banter back in the language saying i dont give.. or it hurts just to make it.more fun..

It would be great to banter to Spanish women, Italian, European too.. even if its just a little.

Just thought id share

Stay safe everyone

Thanks Uxiel, good advice but I meant this for Mysterio.
Old 31-Aug-20, 07:39
Points: 8,126, Level: 38 Points: 8,126, Level: 38 Points: 8,126, Level: 38
Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9% Activity: 11.9%
Last Achievements

Best way, IMO, of learning a foreign language is the phone app Dualingo. Excellent!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james [Only Registered Users Can See LinksClick Here To Register]
Best way, IMO, of learning a foreign language is the phone app Dualingo. Excellent!!
...& it’s free (or you can pay and then get no adverts)
Old 31-Aug-20, 19:23
Last Achievements

Quote:

...& it’s free (or you can pay and then get no adverts)
I will definitely check Dualingo out. It's free. I can try it and see if I like it. I had a friend (think he passed away) who did a number of Teaching English abroad jobs; every country he went to he got a local girlfriend. He was extremely bright (Phd level) and could have learned a more traditional method but he became fluent in several languages with his girlfriend approach.
The Following User Says Thank You to downandout For This Useful Post:

Tags
wrestling language